Railroad Line Forums - The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: RyanAK ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The freelance California Railway & Navigation Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...
Page: of 89

Gloucesterman
New Hire

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  6:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan,

It's good to see your current progress, and I look forward to viewing the completed scenes in this area. But as someone who lives in Innsmouth--or at least what's generally considered H. P. Lovecraft's inspiration in developing that eerie port city as a setting for his story "The Shadow over Innsmouth"--I caution you about recreating it on your layout. The people there were, well, "different," and you resurrect them (even in miniature) at your peril. Of course, Lovecraft's Innsmouth was in New England on the Atlantic. Maybe a West Coast version will prove more benign.

Frank

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2013 :  6:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright Håkan!!!! Nice to see forward progress. Do you have a final track plan for Innsmouth?

Hey! is that a dirty floor I see! There's hope for you yet.

It's only make-believe

dwhite
New Hire

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  08:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hakan,
Would love to see more detailed breakdown of how you modified the Arbour Models 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 - including what you used for sound, motor, gears, etc. Any pictures you might have taken would be great too! Thanks.
Dave White
New Hampshire USA

dwhite
New Hire

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  10:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hakan,
While I'd love to see additional details on teh the Arbour Model work, I just realized this was a multiple page thread (new to the forum) so you have already answered much of what I was looking for. Thanks. Great looking work!
Dave
NH, USA

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  1:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Martin, Greg, Frank, Bob and Dave!
I must admit the progress is a little mediocre but there has been a lot of necessary work done until the fun can begin. I just had to show that I hadn't gone in to Winter hibernation

quote:
And even nicer to see your work continue,as you progress towards the water, at Innsmouth.
That will be exciting to see, what you do there!
Thanks Greg, as I have been pouring over all the great maritime themed builds, yours, Carls and all the others I very much want to get started on that parts. With inspiration from Franks darker path I think I have some ideas to a theme.

quote:
It's good to see your current progress, and I look forward to viewing the completed scenes in this area. But as someone who lives in Innsmouth--or at least what's generally considered H. P. Lovecraft's inspiration in developing that eerie port city as a setting for his story "The Shadow over Innsmouth"--I caution you about recreating it on your layout. The people there were, well, "different," and you resurrect them (even in miniature) at your peril. Of course, Lovecraft's Innsmouth was in New England on the Atlantic. Maybe a West Coast version will prove more benign.
Thanks Frank H.P Lovecraft brings back fond memorys as I read everything by him I could get my hands on when I was younger. We where a couple of friends in school who played roleplaying games among them Call of Cthulhu. Then all moved after school and the books and games went into storage.

It hopefully will be more benign than its East coast cousin, but one never knows what may lurk beneath and within. The people infesting the place most of them are sea faring honest people but one or two of dubious character has moved into town. The local gossip tells about a guy named Herbert West that has recently moved into the sleazier part opening up a studio.

quote:
Hey! is that a dirty floor I see! There's hope for you yet.
Bob, there is even more hope than the picture show! You should have seen it before I cleaned up for the photos The track plan is finished for Innsmouth and I'll post one tomorrow.

Many thanks Dave and welcome to the forum!

Håkan

Edited by - masonamerican on 11/07/2013 1:57:53 PM

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  01:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Håkan, I like your work on painting the backdrop. It is very well done.
And modellers hibernate in summer don't they?

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  03:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice developments Håkan! I'll have to come and inspect sometime this winter...

Troels Kirk
Näsum, Sweden

ErikB
New Hire

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  12:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Kirk said: "I'll have to come and inspect sometime" soon!

Nice mountains!
Erik

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 11/08/2013 :  6:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frederic! The backdrop is getting better and better but I must do some thinking on how high up my railroad passes are.

Thanks Troels! You're most welcome!

Erik, anytime! It feels like its time for a inspection tour to your layout soon too.

Håkan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  07:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good work, Hakan. I grew up in Newburyport, which is where one catches the bus for Innsmouth down the coast IIRC. When I scenic the Newburyport depot area, perhaps I'll reference this with a Jordan bus kit...

Engineer Bob
New Hire

Posted - 11/09/2013 :  2:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by masonamerican

So, pray tell, how did you upload the photos?

Engineer Bob

goldrush
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  6:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the mountains you are painting on your backdrop. Looking forward to more progress.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/10/2013 :  6:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer Bob

quote:

Start Here Amigo;

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27749

It's only make-believe

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  2:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Engineer Bob

quote:

Hi Engineer Bob, I have all my pictures on Flickr so I only copy/paste the HTML/BBCode of the photo into my message.

Thank you for the kind words Gary!

Håkan

Edited by - masonamerican on 11/11/2013 2:47:48 PM

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  5:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well in that case you can do bigger pictures

Page: of 89 Previous Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000