Railroad Line Forums - HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 68 ]  [ Newest Member: Bluegill ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS
Page: of 21

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Running a train.

Here's train No 64 leaving Silver Creek

... on the way to Salina

and switching Salina lumber yard

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

reklein
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  1:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nik Wolfgang,I like the lumber load on the flat car. BILL in Idaho

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  5:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always get jealous when i see people running trains.

Anyway i got a little box in the mail today from NWSL.

Time to buy me some bachmann 70ton locos to convert!!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  3:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lounge has been quiet for too long.

I was up at the Springfield Show yesterday and kept my eye out for some of the older HOn3 kits. This gem was a very reasonable price. It is a wood and etched brass kit. All the exterior surfaces are brass. I've never built a kit like that, so I'm looking forward to it. I also picked up a Durango Press HOn3 Velocipede kit.

The major purchase was a MiniTrains HOn30 Plymouth (undec). I bought this based on a quick post by Phil Light saying he had widened the wheel spacing to HOn3 - easily. I will follow up with Phil. Otherwise one of you HOn30 guys might end up with a real bargain.

Most of my other purchases were scratch building supplies.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  9:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice finds, Bruce. One of these days, I'll make it from OH to the Springfield show.

Jeff S.

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  11:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will be awaiting the instructional for the loco converstion :-)

Ive been terrible with pics over the last few weeks. Losts of work and no Pics.
Tonight im making an effort to upload a bunch of recent works and aquisitions :-)

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  06:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A few recent things i have been working on.
Hope you enjoy and comment because it may inspire me to get more work done

3 westside (i think) flat cars i got unpainted.
Striped the clear coat and painted them. Mounted couplers last night (so much messing round drilling into the brass but i got there).

Loads to be finished in the future.

This was my first hon3 loco. i purchased of ebay a few years back. At the time i knew nothing about hon3 and it was more of a rarely seen item on Australian ebay so i grabbed it. Little did i know it was going to start the bug.
It needs some touch up and extra pick ups on the to do list

The climax is something i started a while ago (maybe 12 months)
Has a new Mashiama motor and a new paint job.
Took a lot of work to clean it up. Was full of hardened grease and gunk.

Need to add some junk and weathering. Finish the hand rail as well.

Im still really happy since its my first loco repaint.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  07:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like you've been busy, Adrian. I love flat cars since it gives us the opportunity to make a great variety of visible loads.

Loco 345 looks like it has a lot of great detail on it.

High on my wish list is a Climax similar to yours. Although you could find all three major geared locos in the woods of Pennsylvania, the Climax was the most prevalent.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  3:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its more being busy of taking pictures of things i have been meaning to for ages.
Im thinking a pip load for one of the flats and maybe a load of equipment for a Mill or something on another.

The C-19 is a key imports. I believe it is factory paint but was re numbered from 346.
Ive been having trouble getting it to run how i want (its very fast) but im enjoying the playing around.
I have contemplated re painting it for some form of logging opporation but think there is many C-19s out there in plain brass that i could do instead. would be a shame to paint over this one.

The climax is a WSM class A. You may have seen on hon3forums that i had 2 (2nd one in many bits) and neither ran when i got them.
Im not sure if its common but this one is noisy. The motor is directly on the frame though and in the boiler. Might benifit from being on silicon or something to stop the vibration a little.
The is a bit of gear noise to be expected with so many moving parts.

I think it might be worth considering a scratchbuild if you can get some trucks from somewhere and use a NWSL transfer gearbox. Its a thought ive had for a while now.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  5:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll see, Adrian. If I decide to work towards the Motive Power Certificate for the NMRA, that would be a worthy project.

In the meantime, I got my NWSL wheels today to modify a GE=70 tonner to HOn3. I know a number of us have those now. It would make a good group project down the road.

Bruce

adrian_batey
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  6:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit adrian_batey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
In the meantime, I got my NWSL wheels today to modify a GE=70 tonner to HOn3. I know a number of us have those now. It would make a good group project down the road.

Certainly would be. I got two sets sitting on the bench waiting for a loco.

Speaking of projects i have been really lazy with the uploading pics once again but i have been working on a project.

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  3:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With my second chemo therapy I have not much power to work at the railroad.
But I run my new goose and took pictures.

Due to the first chemo I missed the FREMO meeting in Unna, but here's a video from a friend.

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  3:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wolfgang, first, I hope that your are doing well.

Second, I love the Goose pictures. I have one by ConCor in HO, but HOn3.

Bruce

bullbrauch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  11:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wolfgang,

I wish you the best! My mom is on the downhill cruise after a very uphill battle with throat cancer. Keep positive and you can kick this thing in the butt!

Brandan
Living in Colorado,
home of the Rio Grande

Wolfgang
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  05:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the wishes and prayers. I have a bad one, Cholangiocarcinoma.

But in two weeks I will run the last train at the Silver Valley RR and start building the Pueblo & Salt Lake RR.

Now I'm busy with another video, "Ride the Goose".

Wolfgang

come to us
Pueblo & Salt Lake RR

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Building the HOn3 Maverick Canyon Branch Topic Next Topic: MinitrainS  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000