Railroad Line Forums - Problem using Google Chrome Browser
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 60 ]  [ Newest Member: hardcoalcase ]
 All Forums
 Railroad Line Administrative Forums
 Administrative Posts
 Problem using Google Chrome Browser
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Disappearing Apostrophe? Topic Next Topic: Support the Railroad Line Forums !!!!!  

David Butler
Crew Chief

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  09:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have RL Forums stored as a tab to load when Chrome opens.
I find that the home page will show x number of active topics, yet when i iclick on the link,it only shows the latest active topics! e.g. home page just now showed 33 active topics when it was loaded. However when I clicked to read those topics, only two came up.
Which, for me, rather deletes the purpose and consequently I have to go through the forums link to find my favourite forums and then read each forum to see the latest active topics.

Anybody else experience this using Google Chrome?

It never happened when I used the similar facility in IE 8 or 9.
Regards,
David(UK)

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  4:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't help you David, I use Firefox and don't have that problem. My active topics stay there until I leave the forum.
Of course, one thing you can do, is when you open the active topics( click on the blue active topics link), below that there is a drop down menu and you can set how far back you want to go; ie. 1 hour, 2 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, etc. etc. Once set, that feature will remain while your on the forum.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Edited by - mabloodhound on 07/14/2011 4:33:31 PM

eTraxx
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit eTraxx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Chrome. Have no problem. If the home page says 10 active topics .. when I click the link I get 10 active topics. Shrug.

Neil M
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not Google Chrome, the same happens to me sometimes as well.

The way the forum software seems to work is that when a page from the forum loads it works out how many active topics there have been since your last visit, however if you don't open the 'active topics' page after a while it starts telling you how many active topics since your recent activity, i.e. loading the welcome page when you opened Chrome.

So if you load a page but don't open the 'active topics' page the number gets inaccurate and you miss active threads. I'd remove the forum as an automatic tab, or change the automatic page to being the active topics list

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  2:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"change the automatic page to being the active topics list"

This is how I have the forum bookmarked and don't have a problem with the number of active topics.

As you think, so will you be.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  07:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Rick said.

Mike

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/16/2011 :  07:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ... ditto what Rick said ... open that page and KEEP it open, then open any/all interesting topics in SEPARATE TABS until you've gone thru the list -- that way the original list of "active" topics remains preserved until you're done. (Okay, I'm using Firefox here, but I'll bet you can do separate tabs in Chrome)

Also, there's an option to have that list refresh automatically, which might give you grief if you're going thru the topics at a leisurely pace ... in that case, make sure that option isn't activated.

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

Previous Topic: Disappearing Apostrophe? Topic Next Topic: Support the Railroad Line Forums !!!!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000