Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest - O Scale Bluesky Company
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 197 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest - O Scale Bluesky Company
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The 2021 Choices Challenge Main Thread Topic Next Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit
Page: of 17

hon3_rr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  11:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good.

-- KP --
Life is to short to build all of the models I want to.

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 05/26/2012 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks Kevin.

As always your techniques are being ued alot.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  05:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your recent progress, Wes. This bench is quite nice.

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  05:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the kind words Frederic.

Much appreciated. I hope to have more updates tonight.

SDFarmer
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  04:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just had to share... when I first saw this building it was in the Mar/Apr 1989 issue of the NGZ. It was called Fisher's Boats and Baits by C.E. (Rick) Richardson. Sierra West mentions that their building came from this one. I have been studying this building for the last year trying to figure out what makes this building so interesting. I didn't even know the Sierra West building existed and when I went online and saw that it was a kit I was overwhelmed.

The Richardson building has such a beautiful structural composition. I spent months studying it trying to figure out what made it tick visually and how I could generate a set of plans from the photos in the NGZ. The wealth of exterior details in FB&B are what makes this model. Now, I guess I will have to buy the kit and incorporate all the other things that are on FB&B along with all those castings. I'll bet I could keep myself busy for the next year.

Thanks...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  06:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That are some awsome paintjobs Wes !

onl26
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  09:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Wes
I'm just catching up with this thread and I think you are doing a nice job with the details. The pump looks fantastic! I hope you don't mind if I make a few suggestions that are easily done and will take the bench and details to the next level. For the bench it would look better if you brace it on the ends and in the back and leave the front brace off so it's not in the way of someone working there. The top can be stained up some so not so uniform in color. It could use a bit more clutter and a few more tools and maybe a dirty rag but just remember to leave that foot square work space that all work bench tops seem to get reduced to. Finally I would I buff out the metal parts just a little to give a slight metallic sheen (the c-clamp, the wrenches and hammers). You could also do the same to the oil can spout. I hope this doesn't sound like nit picking Wes.
Kevin

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  10:39:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all

Thanks again for the kind words.

Kevin I always take your comments into consideration and the points you have made are very valid. Ill be sure to keep your suggestionsin mind when i go to finish the details up.

As always I appreciate the ideas and constructive criticism.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  10:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe a drip of oil slowly making its way down the oil can spout would make an interesting spectacle.

Apart from that everything is really looking superb Wes, beautiful workmanship.

Karl.A

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  10:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Karl Great to hear from you again.

I love that idea.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  11:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wes, I've been quietly following along.
Infact, your build of the tractor has inspired me to re-open the big box and start working on mine.....

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And so begins the blackening process...

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  11:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  1:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Karl.A

wesleybeks
Fireman

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  1:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to see you back on this one karl. I'm looking forward to more of your updates.

I hope to have more this weekend.

Page: of 17 Previous Topic: The 2021 Choices Challenge Main Thread Topic Next Topic: Choices Challenge: B&O Tower Kit  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000