Railroad Line Forums - Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 85 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Red Bird Taxi's - In 'O'
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: More New Construction on the F&SM RR
Page: of 6

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  11:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
News? hmmmm..... nope,
besides I dont have a TV, an if I did I wouldnt watch it,

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  11:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, another quick A&I and some dry brushing an it should work out OK...

Time to make the windows and door then I can stick it together.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2011 :  11:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  12:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  12:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was a tricky little sucker........

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  01:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That doorway looks good!! Even a blindplate or how ya call'm for the lock, superb..

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  04:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even the lock, Karl! You're pushing the detailing very far. Great!
Are the boards card or wood? When I made the little red shed on Dave's Corner, I used thin strips of wood (3mm x 0.6mm = 0.12" x 0.024"). I first stained them the usual way (water and black ink) then used a dipped a hard brush into red and tapped over the planks in a randomnly pattern (the Brett Gallant's method with a brush instead of a cloth), and got a satisfactory look (a bit worn, though, and it may not be your goal), which I then still more weathered with another staining plus a few splashes of paint since these Troelsy Mainish guys are not very careful...

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  05:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UKGuy

That was a tricky little sucker........

I didn't see this ... I'm not seeing this ... don't want to see this ... don't even want to know about it ... make it go away man! Make me forget about this before I get to the two open doors I've got planned. Bad influence ... bad, bad, bad!

I see nothing ... I was not here ... I did not even get up this morning! (Actual quote!)

Dead Bird Taxi, on the other hand ... now that's amusing!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  05:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marty, Frederic and Dallas.

Walls are finished Frederic, just a little dry brushing maybe.

Come on now Dallas, we both know that that 1/35 stuff is practically large scale, you should have no problems....

I suppose you dont even want to know about the key thats in the lock on the door then??

Karl.A

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  06:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Schultz said when LeBeau offered him some strudel: "You're a wonderful person for an enemy."

Cheers,
Dallas

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  07:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You say the nicest things Dallas....

Karl.A

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  08:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Karl,

Don't know how you build then so fast and have them look as great as they do. Another great build as usual and even in this build you pushed the envelope with the striking plate in the door.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dang, man, yer makin' it look too easy! Terrific all over and those little flourishes on the roof lettering are a great touch.

Cheers,
Dallas

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  10:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, with time to spare. Nice going Karl!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/05/2011 :  10:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, much appreciaed.

Frederic the clapboards are made from card.

Yep Louis time to spare, I'll use those couple of hours later in the day for the signs and final details. Things to do right now though...

Edited by - UKGuy on 01/05/2011 10:39:46 AM

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: banta modelworks hillside water tower kitbash Topic Next Topic: More New Construction on the F&SM RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000