Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!
Page: of 63

LV_Wayne
New Hire

Posted - 01/18/2015 :  3:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Send LV_Wayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone and thanks for adding me! I have been modeling since I was about 13 years old, just over 40 years ago and after a couple HO layouts I switched over to N-Scale at the age of 14 and have loved it ever since! Growing up in Irvington, New Jersey around the Lehigh Valley, CNJ, and the rest of the fallen flags those two railroads are what I model most but also do some freelance too. Some of the things I have modeled was a custom Lehigh Valley Passenger car set years back with the PA-1's, I did all the painting and decals etc. I also built a custom GP-40P of the CNJ's with making the body longer as decals were available for these even 30 years back. Having Lionel in my town and more so the Atlas Model Railroad co in the town over in Hillside was great! I moved to Elizabeth, N.J. for about 20 years which was right in the center of it all as far as the Conrail take over went and about 10 years ago I moved to Point Pleasant on the Jersey Shore about 2 minutes from Bayhead, N.J. which of course had huge railroad action and thankfully it is still used by N.J. Transit Daily on the North Jersey Coast Line. It it amazing to see how N-Scale has evolved and with all the new products that have come out over the years, especially in performance. I love all parts of the hobby and when I was in Elizabeth I built a couple N-Trak Modules due to my living space. I'am currently starting to build a large N-Scale layout in my garage but mostly has been in the planning stages as I know I will be here for a very long time. Again thank's and please feel free to ask anything you might want about me if I missed something.
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2015 :  6:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Wayne. I'm a north Jersey guy and the Forum has many members up and down the state. We hope that you enjoy your time here!

PadreCraig
New Hire

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  7:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - I'm a list newbie. My name is Craig Gavin and I'm a soon-to-be retiree. I have had two previous layouts - a HO layout as a teenager - then a HOn3 layout of the Rio Grande Southern that was scraped back in 1990 when we moved from Omaha to Sacramento. After a long absence from MRR I was enticed back into the hobby about four years ago when I discovered ON30. I currently have a 24' by 4' basement layout - a double dog bone track plan using Bachmann EZ-track which suffices for now. I'm still into the RGS set in 1939. Due to limited space and time - it is set in Rico, CO. I use DCC control and love the sound and ease of installation. My favorite aspect of hobby is constructing buildings with complete interiors and "actualzing" rolling stock to an acceptable level of accuracy to my prototype. My least favorite thing is track planning. There is always compromises when modeling in ON30. When I retire I hope to move and rebuild Rico, CO using Micro-Engineering flex-track. A lot will depend on space as I'll be relocating to an area where I'll no longer enjoy having a basement. Am looking forward to meeting more of the ON30 builders and getting advice.

Edited by - PadreCraig on 01/26/2015 8:15:28 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  10:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Craig. You will find a lot of fellow On30 modelers here on the Forum. I suggest that you stop in the On30 morning lounge and introduce yourself to that crew.

I model in your previous narrow gauge interest (HOn3).

fsb
New Hire

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  12:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, My name is Frank Blandford and live in Sorrento/Blind Bay British Columbia Canada. I have been a model railroader since 1990 and ON30 model narrow gauge freelance mountain railroading in the 1900-1925 era. I'm just staring my bench work for my 22'x 12'area. My favorite part of the hobby is scratch building and modifying locomotives. My train control is presently DCC but will be seriously looking at the new developing Bluetooth technology

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  08:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Frank. We hope that you become an active participant, so jump right in!

dorsetRR
New Hire

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  1:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, My name is Quentin Hordle and I live in Dorset, way down south in the UK. My interest is industrial narrow gauge, in particular my interest is old local clay mining lines. You might ask why I am on here, simple. You guys model with such interest & skill, there's so much to learn, and I have on many occasions stocked up on On30 kits whenever in Denver @ you know where. This place reeks of interest, skill and enthusiasm, that's why I was keen to join, to learn from you guys. Thanks for the invite. Might seem slightly odd using us kits on UK lines, but hey I have a modellers licence, and it's an open book.

Cheers
DorsetRR

deanr
New Hire

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  7:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit deanr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all. This is Dean from Maryland.

I grew up near San Francisco, and took Trainmaster-led Southern Pacific passenger trains to SF as a child. As a teenager I had an SP layout in N scale. Back in 1974, there weren't a lot of good kits available in N, and that's when I started scratchbuilding. I moved to Maryland in 1991 and decided "when in Rome do as the Romans do" and switched to modeling the Baltimore & Ohio in HO scale. I have a medium-sized layout set in the transition era modeling the small lines of West Virginia. Now that the layout is nearing nominal completion, I'm getting back to scratchbuilding. See my layout at:
https://sites.google.com/site/monongahdiv/
I enjoy combining smooth operations and nice scenery/buildings. The layout is part of a regular, rotating group of operators. I'm slowly working on rehabilitating old brass steam engines (adding new motors, sound, and improved electrical pick up). Maybe someday I'll move the layout time back to the 1940s.

I have a 13 year old son who's been running brass locomotives since he was 4 or so. He likes to repopulate the layout with mid-90s diesels when I'm not looking.

Dean

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  8:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Quentin and Dean. Quentin, most of what I know of industrial narrow gauge comes from trips to China in 1995 and 2005; what New England had was behind guarded fences. Dean, I've done a little brass rehab, but several more rest in their boxes, waiting.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  12:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome again to the forum Quentin and Dean.
Look forward to seeing some of your work and current projects...

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  08:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quentin and Dean, welcome to the Forum. We look forward to your participation in our discussions.

vikramgoel
Section Hand

Posted - 02/28/2015 :  2:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit vikramgoel's Homepage  Reply with Quote

A warm Hello to everybody,
1) Where do you live?
Boca Raton, FL

2) How long have you been a model railroader, and how did you get started in the hobby?

India where I hail from has lots and lots of trains, always fascinated with them.
Started when I was about 8, stopped for a long long time restarted about three years ago.

3) Do you model a prototype railroad or freelance your layout?
Freelance but based in Indian Railways.

4) Do you model a certain era and/or geographic region?
1960's to 1980's

5) How large is your layout and what scale do you model?
About 12' by 12' not all layout, including aisles. Scale is HO.

6) What's your favorite part of the hobby? And what do you enjoy least?
collecting locomotives and operations

7) How do you control your trains (DC, DCC, or something else)?
DCC

8) Tell us anything else about yourself you'd like us to know.
Well, I also fly R/C aircraft and enjoy cooking. I work with software and own a consulting company.

9) Post your picture - if you dare.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2015 :  3:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-Line, Vikram. Your modeling prototype is unique but certainly welcome here.

I looked at your website and you're doing some very nice model building. I imagine most or all your work is scratchbuilt. Post some pictures here when you get a chance.

George

vikramgoel
Section Hand

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  1:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit vikramgoel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George,

I will post as soon as I figure out How.
Yes a lot of my stuff is scratch built, however I use a lot of UK OO gauge buildings etc. as they are similar to buildings and objects from India.
Thanks for visiting.
Vik.

Nick49
New Hire

Posted - 03/10/2015 :  1:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nick49's Homepage  Send Nick49 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good day,

My name is Nick Randall, I am from Northern Rhodesia and have lived in South Africa for about 30+ years, I have been model railroading for about 20 or so years. I used to build static models when I was a youngster, but my interest always lay with model railroading but never had a premises large enough for what I needed.

The era I am modeling is Steam/Diesel transition, and the geographical region is Baltimore Ohio. The size of my layout is 35m x 5m (Meters), and the scale to which I am modeling is HO.

My favourite part of the hobby is doing the research on various aspects of what I am building on my layout. The research gives me a large insight into the era that I am working with and the machinery of what was used in the era to get us where we are today. The part that I enjoy least is the wiring of my layout.

I am not able to run anything on my layout because I have not laid much track yet, as the room is so large and I am still busy with the bench work, but most of the bench work is completed and awaiting tracks to be lay.

Something that may interest you about myself is that I am an extremist when it comes to attention to detail. On my layout all my workshops and backshops will be equipped with the correct machinery and detail that is supposed to be inside the workshops like it was back in the day. This is where my research has lay for the past 12 months. Not just the look of what is on the outside but that of what lays inside too.

Page: of 63 Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000