Railroad Line Forums - New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 105 ]  [ Newest Member: lumberfan ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Arrival Track
 New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves II
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New member, Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!
Page: of 63

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  11:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome Fredrick and Simon. I have never seen 1/20 scale trains from France. So I look forward to seeing what you are doing.
And Simon, I look forward to seeing what you will be up to as well...

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  08:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard, Frédéric. I'm glad to see you are joining in with your posting about the oscillating cylinder locomotive. That will be an interesting project to follow.

George

Red Hawk
New Hire

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  10:25:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry to say that I am not a model railroader. My interest in modeling lies in building scale model muscle cars. I discovered your site when I was looking at other peoples modeling areas. You never know where you will find new ideas. There is absolutely nothing I don't like about building models. There is something about taking a jumbled box of parts trees & turning it into something cool to look at. Building, painting, detailing, waxing & weathering. It's all good to me. Models are cool. If you tell me I am not welcome here, due to my modeling preferences, I will leave. But, if you allow me to stay, I will try to learn some new things & may even contribute a thing or two.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  11:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Iman. You are more than welcome here. You might want to check out our Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation sub-forum: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=85

Red Hawk
New Hire

Posted - 11/23/2014 :  8:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dutchman, as the new hire I am, I try my best not to let you down. I picked The Milwaukee Road as my avatar, not sure what CB&W represents, or how it got there. How do I fix it?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2014 :  10:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taken care of, Iman. If at some point you want a custom avatar, say a picture of one of your models, you can upload it to this thread: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5759&whichpage=51

One of the admins can then make it your avatar.

38tonyredcrow
New Hire

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  2:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I live in Brooklyn, NY. I have been in the hobby for several years, on & off.
HO setup, 6ft. x 13 ft. I run 5 trains, 3 on dcc and 2 on dc (same track with a stop and go module)
I'm into logging and old time weathered buildings,truck etc. I run two RS3 with sound in and around the layout. I have a Shay and Bachmann could not provide the rear truck. I recently bought a Climax that only lasted a month, again Bachmann could not repair it and did not have any replacement, thus I settled for one of the RS3.
I would like to send pictures, but need some info on how to do it.

apolito6@nyc.rr.com

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  2:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum!

The information in the thread at this link should help you post pictures directly to the Forum: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15110

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  11:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Iman and 38tonyredcrow. Iman, and modeling is welcome here. You never know what tricks can be learned from those who model in other areas, so don't be shy about sharing your work.

Mark

clockshop
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  08:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi every one this is my first post just joined and have been trying to find my way around. my name is bob I live in Nashua,nh started in railroading in the early 90 but had to stop for awhile, finally got back it. I model HO my lay out is 20 x 12 ft.built to a place I would like to live. just getting started in Dcc I use the NCE power cab so far have had great luck with it. I like to build and design things that I like, my other hobby is radio control airplanes use to fly a lot of completion but gave it up getting too old to compete with the young people. still enjoy flying and do a lot of instruction. Model railroading in a very relaxed way to spend my time. I enjoy seeing things come together I have been reading the forums and really enjoy it hope to become a regular. to all have a great holiday
bob

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  08:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Forum, Bob. We hope that you become an active participant in our discussions.

BreizhSteamer
Section Hand

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Bob. Yes, flying is an arena of the young, but the old bones can always teach them some morus. Some pictures of this 1/87 place where you'd like to live would be much appreciated.

clockshop
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  2:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys good to hear from you, as of now still putting the finishing touches on my lay out. when I get that done I will post some pictures it is not fancy but for me it is a lot of pleasure. have been going over some of my old engines getting them to run right and putting decoders in some. just finished a little steam switcher. again thanks for the reply
bob

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  2:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, Bob. Post some pictures of your layout when you get a chance.

Posting pictures can be a little intimidating when you first start. This tutorial should help: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=4761

George

JGDURAND
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/21/2014 :  05:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all
My name is Jean-Gilles Durand, I live in Poitou in France, not far from at Fréderick Testard.
I practise the railroad model making since my youngest age. I took care of a club HO hanging meadows of twenty years and since 1985, I turned towards 1/22, 5, 1/20, 3 and recently 7 / 8n2, quite there lumber US of the 1850 to 1900.
I specify you that I am before any a scratchbuilder, because I have only a small oval to test my material.
I shall not miss to announce you my photos as soon as I shall have understood the way of making.
Please excuse my language because I use a translator
Jean-Gilles Durand

If you can dream it,you can make it

Page: of 63 Previous Topic: New member, Topic Next Topic: Hawghead Joins RR-Line!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000