Railroad Line Forums - New Car to Model
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Fallen Flag Railroad Forums
 Raritan River Railroad Forum
 New Car to Model
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Milltown Station - Call to Action! Topic Next Topic: Did Athearn make a RR box car?  

Kenstockton
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen
I have just come across this picture of a coal car. Maybe one of you would like to add this rare car to your collection

Ken

Download Attachment: 100_4452.jpg
107.95 KB

painterman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  12:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kenstockton

Cool pic! Where is this? Sayreville power plant?

Do you know when this was? I might have to add a power station and make one or two of these.

Curious - how much coal did the RRRR haul over its lines, and when did the coal traffic stop?

Anyone?

Thanks,
-Rob

Kenstockton
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  12:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob
This coal hopper was not transported by the RRRR
This picture was taken at PSE&G power station in Burlington NJ. On the back of the picture is a date of 1954. I was 1 year old. Down there the railroad could have been the PRR or the Reading I am not sure there is no one working that remember the burning coal (They are all kids working there now)
Ken

snarlman
Fireman

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  10:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Send snarlman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ken,
Thanks for sharing that shot!
I would guess the power plant in Sayreville, perhaps dupont,hercules,NL and the coal/oil dealer in Milltown?
These photos really get me motivated!

~Jeff

Previous Topic: Milltown Station - Call to Action! Topic Next Topic: Did Athearn make a RR box car?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000