Railroad Line Forums - Westport River Lumber Co
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Westport River Lumber Co
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: new kit in the mail today Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. A new start!
Page: of 70

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  1:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ' zoom gave me an idea.

Great work, Roland!

milocomarty
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  4:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit milocomarty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Way cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://martinwelberg.wordpress.com/
http://cardiganbaycoastalrailroad.wordpress.com/

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  6:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, big improvement.

I'm taking notes from this thread for when I start on my machine shop again. Lots of good ideas here. Beautiful workmanship.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 12/31/2015 6:36:30 PM

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  6:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, glad you like it. Now I need to figure out how to get my 1:1 hands in there to finish it without breaking anything. A couple of weeks ago I reached for something and knocked the whole back wall off.

Roland

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  8:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Superb work as always Roland. I am with you in the hands department, I consider it a good day if I don't break anything. Knocking things over is okay.

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

Grant Whipp
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  03:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Grant Whipp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spectacular work, Roland! I showed my wife, just now, and she said "how in the world can you work that small?" ... I told her I can't! ... you have to be a MASTER!

Happy New Year!

CHEERS!

"Who Knew Model Railroading Could Be This Much Fun"
CN&C - California Northern & Cascade On30 Modular Group, Founding Member
DWA - Diddy Wells & Afterthought Rwy

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  07:55:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good shot of the interior.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  09:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeless

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Now I need to figure out how to get my 1:1 hands in there to finish it without breaking anything. A couple of weeks ago I reached for something and knocked the whole back wall off.

Roland

Roland,

I think my hands work like they are 2:1 when I work on my models. After reading several threads on machine shop builds I'm thinking very hard on ways to avoid issues. I'm thinking of leaving two sides off and perhaps using brads in inconspicuous places to hold the main framework together.

I like how you supported the line shaft.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 01/01/2016 2:15:49 PM

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  10:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My issue is not the 'front to back' knock over type of issue, but rather the 'left to right and back again' constant shaking type issue! I am also working on a machine shop but no where the details of yours, I just love the look of the entire project. Russ

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 01/01/2016 :  7:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'm glad to know i'm not the only fumble fingered modeler out there. I will try to get some sort of backdrop for any future pictures.

Roland

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  2:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geezer is a little out of focus today as he tries to figure out who is tracking oil on his floor. He suspects Jerry.

Roland

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  3:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh sh*t caught with dirty boots again!!!!

Nice details Roland.

Is that a spittoon there?? Geezer will think a pot to pee in better move it way from him.

Geezer
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2016 :  3:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland- coming along nicely even if I am not
at home to look over your shoulder. YUP!! Jerry
did it!!!The foot prints are a detail often overlooked - NICE!
On the 1:1 hands stuff....toss in "no peripheral vision
or depth perception" you have a reap party going on.
Keep up the good work my friend & keep the streets plowed
so I can get home.

"You can find my Website & Threads here:"
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47229

jbwilcox
Section Hand

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just beginning to follow this. Actually, I am only on page 3 but I have a question about a picture on page 1 of the log loader.

I certainly do not want to sound like I am criticizing your work because I have very limited talents but here is the question:

With the log loader stationary and the track next to it ending where it does, and you have a string of log cars, how do you load the other cars behind the one you are currently loading?

Looks like you would have to pull the entire string out and shuffle the loaded car onto another track and do that each time you load a car.

I Know this is a trivial thing and I am amazed at your modelling ability. You have done a wonderful job and I an anxiously looking forward to reading every single page of this thread. Forgive me for being so picky and THERE MAY BE A LOGICAL REASON FOR THIS WHICH I AM TOTALLY UNAWARE OF.

jbwilcox

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  10:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice detail Roland.

As you think, so will you be.

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: new kit in the mail today Topic Next Topic: The Oak Grove RR, an evolving layout. A new start!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000