Railroad Line Forums - Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 88 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Construction of the new PRR Northern Division
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Carrie Creek Land Co. construction series Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread
Page: of 95

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Mark!

First for ending the funk and second for getting so much done over the past few sessions (with the help of your dedicated crew).

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  2:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"It's alive!"

It was an excellent session...optimism was so high by the end of the evening that we began planning the first annual "Northern Division Tree Ball Picnic and Barbeque" to make enough of the fluffy stuff that will be so desperately needed in the near future....right, Mark?

Edited by - Harsco on 02/05/2012 2:24:26 PM

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  4:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark. It's great seeing the work re-commence on your fine layout. There are certain jobs where more that two hands are a must and it's great having friends to assist. Can't wait to see more developments!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark-as always, great update!!! You guys got a lot done last night. Sorry I missed it. I like how you mounted the wood brackets to the layout, makes it easier to control the spacing as well. Have a funny feeling that you're back now in a big way!!! Can't wait to see the updates on the progress.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

vzjtothalo
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2012 :  5:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good deal, Professor Frystacki! Wish I was still in the area to give a hand....

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  12:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys!

Well Matt, we know you were here in spirit, as well as text messages! Trust me, you earned your keep the first night, prepping all those light sockets for installation. Thank you for that!

Yes Rick, the whole barbeque idea is a good one. I'll have to come up with lot's of ideas to gather the crew for tree making nights. Lord knows I will need a lot of them!!!

Eric, that is a lot of bulbs. While the sockets are installed, I have to purchase bulbs as the budget allows. At $15 for a pack of 4, that may take some time before they are all installed, but I do plan to have them all in by the first ops session, whenever that will be.

More to come!

Mark

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  07:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The end is near!!!!!! For the helix that is, At least that pic of me is not the same one the post office has!

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  08:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great progress Mark,, glad tosee your back on,,, Track!

Cheers!, Joe

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  12:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  12:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice to see some progress on the layout, Mark. It really has been a while!

Chuck

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  12:59:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great progress Mark! Looking forward to more updates on the helix since I've bout 1/2 plywood for mine, I'm interested in hearing more about what happened with it in regards to warping, etc.,

Phil

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mark, glad to hear the funk is over and work has begun anew.
Thanks for the pics.

As you think, so will you be.

nhguy
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  2:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nhguy's Homepage  Send nhguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, well. Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! Work restarts on the railroad. Congrats Mark! It does feel good getting back into it. The tough part is starting. I have one more section on my layout to do and pushing the start button seems to be the hardest thing to do. 1-Because you know it's labor intensive and 2-you don't want to get the rest of the railroad dirty with construction debris and dust. I learnt a long time ago that plastic drop cloths really do help keep the 'construction' off the rest of the layout.

Bill Shanaman
New Haven RR
Hartford Division
in Colorado.

Vagel Keller
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  11:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vagel Keller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to see you and the crew are back at it on your layout, Mark! Looking forward to see how your plan develops now with track and scenery.

Vagel

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  1:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Love your comment Bill! "Well, well. Butter my buns and call me a biscuit!" Where did you ever come up with that one!

As for getting the rest of the layout dirty, well, there isn't much to keep clean at this point in time, so that's not the issue. I think it's the labor intensive part that kept me from getting back into. I'm allergic to labor!

But seriously, I can see daylight (pardon the pun considering all the talk about lighting) at the end of this long, dark tunnel. I can myself laying track within the next few weeks. As I said before, and I'll say it again, many thanks goes out to Rick and Bruce. Without them pushing and helping, I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am now!

Mark

Page: of 95 Previous Topic: Carrie Creek Land Co. construction series Topic Next Topic: NMRA AP Civil Eng.Certificate  Support Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000