Railroad Line Forums - Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 101 ]  [ Total: 106 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Let's see some of your Non-RR Photos! Pt 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock
Page: of 47

jbelwood
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  4:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, does this count?

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  8:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is one I shot in Eastern Tennessee in the last few weeks:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/data/Danny Head/2012102820183_DSC_7907 tc nikv gg gg nikv Autumn Dream.jpg " border="0">

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2012 :  8:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have tried to load several different photos to this thread in the last few weeks and they will not load. However, I am having no problem loading photos to my construction thread.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  06:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Danny: From the looks of the info in your thread, it could be the underscores ( _ ) in your file name. The forum does not work with any characters other than numbers and letters. Try again without them.

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  07:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  07:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one loaded by taking out the underscore. I have another that is still being rejected even after taking out the underscore.... perhaps the file name is too long.... file size is the same. Oddly enough, the underscore is not something I assign to the image. All my construction images have that same underscore when I view them before posting....and they posted without issue. ....very odd...

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  07:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shot, Danny. How long was the exposure?

Letters, numbers and dashes are about the only "safe" characters in file names (and sometimes dashes cause problems...)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  08:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice photo Danny....as usual!

I don't know what the photo problem is....the forum software assigns the 'underscores' to the file name, so that can't be the problem.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2012 :  11:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I don't have the info close at hand, but I think it was f22 at half a second. It was very late afternoon, just before a storm and getting very overcast. I shot in brackets of 3 and I think they spanned just under and just over a half a second.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  1:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I looked back at the image and it was f22 at one full second.... very late afternnon and overcast.

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  4:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's one from Rural eastern Tennesse a few weeks back, just as the trees were starting to turn.

railphotog
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2012 :  5:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit railphotog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a prototype shot of the North Conway, N.H. station I shot way back in September of 1983. I never printed the image, and recently scanned it and was pleased the way it turned out:

Bob Boudreau
My model railroad photography website:
http://sites.google.com/site/railphotog/

Edited by - railphotog on 11/18/2012 5:58:44 PM

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  09:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That IS a good photo Bob. Looks like it was right after a rain shower. The night lighting really lends an aura of authenticity to it.

And another nice rural photo from Danny. Depth looks so surreal, almost like a model.

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  10:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great photo, Bob-- easily the equal to Link's best!

Was it all truly available light?
-Dave

-Dave

Danny Head
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  7:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is something that is a bit sad to see. This 1929 International circus bus is in a "wooded" junk yard near where I live in northeastern Alabama. The owner said he bought the bus in 1970 when it was in much better condition. He intended on restoring it. It is beyond restoration now, in my opinion.

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: White Pass & Yukon photo advice Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: June 18 Rolling Stock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000