Railroad Line Forums - treefoliage made out of gardenpond/aquariumfibers
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 77 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 treefoliage made out of gardenpond/aquariumfibers
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Subroadbed, Roadbed and Track Topic Next Topic: Northeast Kingdom Railroad
Page: of 47

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2015 :  12:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And once again, incredible!

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/25/2015 :  12:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks , Carl, Frank, Bill,
The latest one of a row of 5 trees:

still 2 to go.

Jos

Munch
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/27/2015 :  7:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
;)

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  4:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey Munch! hopefully picking up modellrailroadhobby again? !
Today a picture of the public exhibitionlayout in Germany- Modellbundesbahn- in Bad Driburg-, on which I made all the trees for about more than ten years...trees looking still good. Last month we celebrated its 10 th anniversary.

Jos

chooch.42
Section Hand

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jos, that entire scene is just STUNNING - in no small part because of your creations !!! I continue to be amazed by the realism of your meticulous artistry. Thanks for posting such inspiration. Bob C.

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  6:04:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bob! =)
Another one of the village "Ottbergen" during summer in the 1970 -ies

Jos

closetguy
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/03/2015 :  6:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit closetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jos..
Your work is always phenomenal. Please don't be insulted, but this is the first tree you have made that looks like a twisted wire frame tree. And that is only because the twisted wire is viable.
Sorry for the negative, because your work has always been the standard to which we all want to achieve.
Mike M

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  12:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mike,

I don't feel insulted Mike ;-)

Unfortunately yes you can see some twisted wires but ...thetrunk of the tree is made out of a piece of dowel and only 5 inches "tall" and no foliage.So in real I think you'll not notice the small twisted wirebranches? This one will be part of a group of 6 standing close together .
Next time I will give it a try to use even more thinner wire to make the small dead branches and twigs.

Jos

Edited by - scotchpine on 12/04/2015 12:39:00 PM

closetguy
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit closetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Jos.
As I have always maintained, you are an inspiration to us all when it comes to tree making. I think what stands out to me is the long fibers that are stuck to the wire. The usual build up you do with 12mm than 10mm than 6mm etc give depth and life to the model. These look like fibers stuck to the wire. The upper second looks amazing. Again it has depth. Plus you have very short fibers at the branch ends. This tree in the picture above as a single now looks completely different from when it was bunched up in the first picture.
Thanks Jos
Mike M

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  5:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic work Jos! I have checked in from time to time hoping to see some new trees and today I was lucky :-)

I have been experimenting using your methods with the Grassmaster using 12mm and 6mm fibers to build up a decidious tree canopy. So far I must say I like the results and goes faster than with the
gardenpond fibers.

Håkan

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  6:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Häkan( still searching for that small "o"on top of your -a-!
Yes it goes much faster but using first some very small cutted blue filterfibers there is a more "random" kind of placing twigs on the bigger/taller branches.
After this "basic"layer of the blue filterfibers I continue with the 12 mmgrasfibres - sometimes twice- and finaly the 6 mm...when using small "leaves"( N scale)also some 2mm ones.
on the picture below I used/added first some small lightbrown decotwisterfibers( blue filterfibers were ok too! )

and than the first layer of 12 mm fibers( wildgrass from NOCH:

and finaly the result on another frame in H0:

Jos

closetguy
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  8:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit closetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jos
another natural beauty..
Mike M

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2015 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic!

chooch.42
Section Hand

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  01:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe it's "Alt-134" in the Alt-key codes - you need a keypad to do the numbers while holding the 'Alt" key...Håkan = H, Alt-134, k, a, n. Hope it works for you. Love your new trees, too ! Bob C.

Edited by - chooch.42 on 12/10/2015 01:32:16 AM

scotchpine
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  02:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike , Carl and Bob!

Got it!: Håkan! =)
on my comp.it is: ctrl+alt+w! )
tådåå....relief.

Edited by - scotchpine on 12/10/2015 02:44:37 AM

Page: of 47 Previous Topic: Subroadbed, Roadbed and Track Topic Next Topic: Northeast Kingdom Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000