Railroad Line Forums - The Sn3 Lake Itasca Railway and Navigation Company
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 146 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: Wayne Taylor ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 The Sn3 Lake Itasca Railway and Navigation Company
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Railmaster Exports Topic Next Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress
Page: of 48

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  3:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments, my friends.
Les, is this an observation or a question? Apart from the change of shade when the ink dried, I haven't noticed any subsequent fading.

More scenery progress.

The beginning.

And then later... I wonder if I will be happy with these somewhat small rocks or if I'll add some bigger ones as in Dave's scene. I think it's not bad this way. And I think that adding a lot of greenery to the vertical rocks makes the cligg much more acceptable.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  4:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is looking Good Frederic.

It's only make-believe

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  5:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work Frederic...

What is the green "stringy" material you're using?

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  5:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carl, that's a product called polyfiber. I applied it directly against the cliff, sprayed some glue, being careful to hit only the area covered by the fiber and then sprinkled some WS turf. Gives a thin, relatively airy if you don't put too much foliage, look. When it's dry you can even give it more volume by stretching it away from the rocks with tweezers.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  7:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the scene. Just blending in with the other scenery beautiful work Frederic.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  03:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good mate !!

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  08:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frederic, It's nice to be able to follow the "cereal" presentation of your layout again. the rock work and foliage are looking good.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  09:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frederic, so good to see you back at work. Very pleasing to the eyes scenery.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  11:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frederic,

Your scene just gets better and better.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  11:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Frederic, It's nice to be able to follow the "cereal" presentation of your layout again. the rock work and foliage are looking good.

Bill Gill, you're murdering the English language, like some cereal killer. New film idea: Bill Gill Kills. If you were REALLY good you'd do your puns in French. Frederic might have something to say about that.

All in good fun.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  1:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's really nice, Frederic. I like the view of the bridge decks in the last shot, before the rails are down.

Chuck

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  7:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm enjoying watching your bridge scene come together, Frederic.

George

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  8:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  5:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great comments, my good friends. Cereal killer, I love it, Bill and Michael...

After a little rest - musical events plus modelling other (secret for the moment) projects, the Sn3 work was resumed today, with the spiking of about 4' of track over the background bridge and a little more. Here are a few pics.

This one shows how I used my cell phone as a tool to check the track tangents are OK, something that is difficult to do with the eyes due to the location of the layout.

The bridge is not totally done, though. I think I'll add a few barrels to help fight the cinders caused fires, and I have to touch the ends of the ties with India ink...

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  6:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet!

Modeling secret?

As you think, so will you be.

Page: of 48 Previous Topic: Railmaster Exports Topic Next Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000