Railroad Line Forums - The Sn3 Lake Itasca Railway and Navigation Company
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 76 ]  [ Total: 79 ]  [ Newest Member: jfields ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 The Sn3 Lake Itasca Railway and Navigation Company
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Railmaster Exports Topic Next Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress
Page: of 48

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  2:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figured that since he's done writing his math book, that he's now busy filming the movie.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  5:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grooarrr...

Rick, in fact you're not totally wrong. Still in math writing conceptual mood, in fact. These things can be as addictive as model railroading.

Thanks to all of you for the interest. I have not been totally hibernating in reality, and have worked on scenery around the kitchen and in several other places. I'll post a few shots this week-end.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  4:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frederic Testard

Grooarrr...

Rick, in fact you're not totally wrong. Still in math writing conceptual mood, in fact. These things can be as addictive as model railroading.

Thanks to all of you for the interest. I have not been totally hibernating in reality, and have worked on scenery around the kitchen and in several other places. I'll post a few shots this week-end.

I think the weekend is over!!!!! Fourth of July has passed!!! And now we need to see the Fireworks on your end

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  8:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But La FÍte Nationale (Bastille Day) or "le quatorze juillet" is coming up soon so we might have to wait a bit.

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  8:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any chance there will be some progress on your great layout soon Frederic ?? Or still to busy with the math thing ?

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  8:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your patience, my friends. Here are the promised pictures, which I post just after the wonderful FÍte Internationale that has just ended in London.

I have been adding some scenery around the kitchen scene, and I plan to install a retaining wall like in the last pic.

I have also thickened the scenery near the snow shed. I used polyfiber covered with various sorts of Woodland Scenics greens. It gives a pleasant feeling of depth, I think.

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  8:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's funny we posted almost at the same second after all this silence, Martin...

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  8:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The greens looks great Frederic, so does the the kitchen scene ! Gives a great feel of space...

kirk
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  12:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now you're talking Frederic! Good to see some real progress. Both areas are beautiful! I like the thick greenery a lot... looks like the accumulated snow under the shed has made this a good, moist place for weeds to grow. And your retaining wall is really nice!

Troels Kirk
Nšsum, Sweden

Edited by - kirk on 07/28/2012 03:41:16 AM

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  03:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well worth the wait, as always, great work!

dallas_m
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  03:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Great looking structure ... great looking location (topography, scenery, etc.) ... really, really WOW!

Cheers,
Dallas

Chambers Gas & Oil -- structure build
Quality craftsmanship with a sense of humor!

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  07:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm impressed Frederic and wonderful to see you at work here.

The Kitchen is great looking and the greenery sure does bring both scenes to life.

Jerry

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, really worth waiting for. Don't keep us hanging on as long for the next photo.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is some very convincing scenery, Frederic.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  09:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those pictures are worth the wait, Frederic. I like the snow shed.

My current build:
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50375

Page: of 48 Previous Topic: Railmaster Exports Topic Next Topic: Outside Braced Caboose Progress  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000