Railroad Line Forums - The Sn3 Branch
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 117 ]  [ Newest Member: unclebug ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The Sn3 Branch
 The Sn3 Branch
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Copyright Reminder Topic
Page: of 14

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  09:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Russ,

The paint job and lettering are coming along nicely. Your 'fussiness' pays off.

MAP
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  11:25:42 AM  Show Profile
Looking good Russ! You have the airbrush technique down nicely, and your hand brushing is looking good on that critter. I like the custom decals! Any more progress on the switcher or your trackwork? More Photos!!

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  5:51:23 PM  Show Profile
Nice paint, Russ. A pleasant change, not only from the D&RGW look of the donor model, but also from the ubiquitous all yellow look of so many other critters.

Neil M
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Looking good Russ. It's still very clean

Built a waterfront HO layout in Ireland http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22161 but now making a start in On30 in Australia

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  1:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Thanks, Guys...I appreciate your kind comments. I did, however, have a major set back last night. The rear weight screws into the frame, but half of the screw hole is hidden by the motor mount. The manufacturer must have forced the screw in somehow although I've had it screwed in a few times. I figured that it would just be easier to trim back the excess stock on the motor mount, being totally careful NOT to snag any wires leading to the DCC module. Guess what? One of the wires from the module pulled right out of the thing...it must have drooped in the way and got snagged in the spinning cut-off wheel or whatever. So much for THAT module! Boy, did that kill my evening. I went on-line and ordered another one...got a discount...cost under 120.00 to get a new one. Hey...mistakes and expensive setbacks happen, ya know? Well, I'm going to lightly sand out those dark touch-up spots and re-spray that side. I'm also going to take George's suggestion and re-install the sun shades, but this time with very fine fabric. I have the headlight fixture installed and will post photos later!

Russ

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  3:20:45 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to read about this bad event, Russ.

MAP
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Russ,
Sorry to hear about the set-back. Working with such tiny components has to be nerve wracking. Any progress/news you can share with us?

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Copyright Reminder Topic  
 New Topic |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000