Railroad Line Forums - B&M Eastern Route progress
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 77 ]  [ Total: 82 ]  [ Newest Member: jmart4173 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 B&M Eastern Route progress
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Old and new
Page: of 60

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/17/2016 :  09:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shot! The signals rock!

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 05/15/2016 :  11:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Hub had its Spring Training convention and then I was out of the country for a month. Now I'm back to doing a little on the layout, but so far only renewed work on getting a good Yellow out of Rob Paisley's 556-based signal driver cards.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/10/2016 :  11:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the NNGC layout tours page, I needed current photos of two scenes:

Portland-bound past Bexley Engine Terminal.

The 1st Lynn Goat spotted the inbounds and departed for Bexley. Now the team tracks bustle with shippers and consignees.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  12:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its good to see something from you James. I was beginning to wonder what you've been up to. The pics look awesome!

Mark

mainetrains
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  03:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really love the top picture. Very cool!

Dave

"there's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear"

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/11/2016 :  10:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shots, James!

Don't forget others you have shown us, like the RS at Newburyport West on page 48, for instance. Seems to me you had more cool ones at the draw awhile back as well.

Pete
in Michigan

<edit>: as a "fer instance...:"
* 1161 working the yard, p.42
* Little River fences with E-7, p.42
* Night Clam Box, p.43
* Entering Rowley, p.44
-p

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 06/11/2016 11:30:24 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Mark, Dave & Pete. The organizers used 7 of the 8 I sent: http://nngc2016.org/wp/category/home/

I didn't want to show only in/around Rowley, as the urban areas are where my current work focus is, aside from the signaling.

As to what I've been up to, not much modeling since March. But I've visited 6 countries & 5 states, my Rowley modules have been out twice, I presented at NE RPM, I'm learning to be a trolley motorman at Seashore and I'm getting ready to send Rowley to Indianapolis. The garden is mostly in and haying is likely to be finished this week, but then I have to get my combine ready to harvest Winter Rye in late July.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  11:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice choices, James. Like the ability to click on the photo an enlarge it, too. Kudos to the NNGC folk for that one!

Pete
in Michigan

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  8:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2016 :  10:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't done anything to the layout since June (conventions, travel, farming, hiking) except start cleaning up for NNGC visitors. What I did to this thread was start updating my index on page 1 to include links to related threads. It's only signaling for now (to help a friend find things), but I'll probably add pointers to the few structure threads I've done.

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  12:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking in,

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  4:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, Lynn. Sorry to hear your layout has been taken down; have you got anything in the works?

Today started off cool but by the time I finished this job, the attic was almost like I was paving full-scale out in the sun:

Bexley's outbound passenger platform is paved, as is the parking area behind it and the access road. Platform shed parts are on hand, but I will at least prototype the mail/baggage/stairway building (left edge of the picture) before I start work on the sheds.

miekec
New Hire

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  5:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2016 :  6:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks good to me!

Pete
in Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  9:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
James,

I've been following the progress on your fine layout over the last couple of years. This weekend I went back and read your posts from the beginning. A very enjoyable journey. I am looking forward to future developments. If you get a chance it would be nice to see a series of photos showing the whole extent of the layout so that those of us who have not seen it in person can visualize the completed parts and the sections still under construction.

By the way, did you see the photo of our contest judging team in the NMRA magazine? The two of you are looking at the model intently while I'm doing who knows what? Maybe reading the documentation or looking at the scoring matrix.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 60 Topic Next Topic: Old and new  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000