Railroad Line Forums - Photo Shop Toutorial
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 125 ]  [ Total: 128 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Photo Shop Toutorial
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Minolta Lens to Nikon camera Topic Next Topic: As night falls on he Goldfield & Hangtown RR.
Page: of 3

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  7:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Christina, Yes please send it..
mikej@dreamweavertrains.com

Thanks

Mike J

bpate
Fireman

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  02:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver

Thanks for the compliments I hope this helps you figure out this program and I wait to see your creations.

Mike J

Thanks Mike for this excellent tutorial. You ask to see our creations so here is my first attempt. I've had a play using Photoshop CS3 and in that have found a majic wand tool that automatically grabs the area, which saves quite a bit of time. I think I need to find a better picture of the sky but its all I had for now.

Edited by - bpate on 05/19/2007 02:38:26 AM

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  02:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks good Barry, I like the sky.

Mike J

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  09:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Barry, that looks wonderful. You're a quick learner.

anubis51
Fireman

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  11:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have Paint Shop Pro (Version 5) which I have been using for a number of years - without updating.

It is a similar program to Photoshop, and from Mike's screenshots, it seems to have much the same layout and applications.

However, I have never been able to get my head around using the layer mask. All my attempts at removing a distracting background and replacing it with a blue sky, or some other scene have had to be manually and tediously done by hand, usually with mediocre results.

Here's a screenshot of the workspace.

Does anyone have any experience with PSP, and any tips on layer masking?

Many thanks.

John.

Time is the Gauge of Existence

shadetreekid
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/18/2011 :  12:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 program installed in my computer. Can I get the same results you've achieved?

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Minolta Lens to Nikon camera Topic Next Topic: As night falls on he Goldfield & Hangtown RR.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000