Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: ida ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary leftovers build.
Page: of 101

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  03:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike;
Thanks for the nice visit. I can't believe I forgot my wife's camera to document the visit. Mike is a good photographer. To me the layout looks quite different in person than in the photos. Mikes photos with a long exposure time give the layout more light than is available in real life. Also a person sees much more of the layout at once than in Mike's well done cropped photos. I am trying to attend an operating session in June, but my travel schedule may not match up with Mike's schedule.
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit Jon, most people are surprised at how small the layout really is (22 square feet at this point).

Mike

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  10:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I must say that being more interested in buildings than in trains, I tend to neglect the parts of the forum more specifically dedicated at the making of layouts. But I have finally browsed a few pages of this thread, and I can tell you I am really happy I did. What a great scenery, and some very nice places, even nicer when you consider how tiny everything is in N scale. Congrats on your wonderful work.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  5:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frederic, I'm guilty of not spending enough time in other parts of this great forum and I need to do better!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2014 :  11:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No new progress on the railroad but we did have another operationg session. The first pic shows myself on the left and Rob Watson who works with me at the museum.

The second pic shows Robert Seay on the left and fellow forum member Jon Gearhart (LandNnut) who drove over from Tenn. for the session.

Overall it went well for only the second op session ever. Had one flat car which wanted to derail when pushed over a certain switch. Jon's eagle eyes spotted low profile wheels on one of the trucks so it will be a easy fix. The problem is there is still a car somewhere on the railroad with a set of low profile wheels on one end .

Mike

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  12:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike I had a really good time. Yea Peco N scale turnouts with their generous clearances do not seem to like low profile wheel sets. And Mike's layout standard for rolling stock wheel sets is Micro-Trains pizza cutters. Don't know if that will fix the problem, but replacing the low profile wheel sets is the first thing to try. The problem was a pulp wood bulkhead flatcar in captive service to the paper mill(staging on Mike's layout).
L&N nut
Jon

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2014 :  12:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike;
It been a while since an update. What's been going on?
L&N nut
Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2014 :  7:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work Jon. I hope to get started back on it in Jan. or Feb.

Mike

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  04:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike,

It's January or February!

-Cody

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  09:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it is Cody and I hope to get started back on it by the end of Feb.

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok guys ,you saw Mike say it right here.I think we need to hold him to that.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  7:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're a big help as always Catt!

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2015 :  7:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Always ready to lend a helping hand Mike.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  07:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Feb. came and went and right now I'm shooting for Sept., 1:1 things keep getting in the way. I did take this picture of a friend's two CH boxcars as they head for the Little Tennessee river bridge on their way to the L&N interchange at Murphy N.C.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 08/16/2015 07:37:34 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  08:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice scene.

Page: of 101 Topic Next Topic: DPM Corner Apothecary leftovers build.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000