Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 11 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 70 ]  [ Newest Member: Bluegill ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lake Superior Railroad Museum N-Scale Layout video Topic Next Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy
Page: of 102

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  06:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a creek along side the tracks in your staging yard Catt?

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  08:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Are you planning on a removable backdrop of some kind?

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  8:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Bruce it will have a backdrop but not til I have the track laid and the land forms roughed in..

Mike

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike. The bridge looks awesome. I really like it on the angle and not parallel to the front of the diorama. I've done the same thing on the large bridge on my layout. By angling the roadbed, you create greater interest, I feel!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  06:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike and I agree with you on angling the bridge. I have seen your layout in MR and if mine comes out half as good I will be delighted!

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  2:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The trackwork and wiring is done although the track isn't fastened down so I can remove the bridge to finish the river. The trains are sitting in the staging yard. Next will be the landforms.

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  3:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love sweeping curves.

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  3:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike,Like I said Lookin' Good.Question ,are those the KATO bridges?From the pics they look like the ones I have.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  5:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Catt those are Kato bridges, they are almost a perfect match for the real bridges in these parts.

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 10/13/2013 5:56:46 PM

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  07:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My old switching layout had two of the single track bridges,the half a basement version of the GVR has a pair of the two track versions.I will go on record here and state they are two of my most favorite bridges.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  10:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little more progress. The backdrop boards are just in to give me an idea how it will frame the scenicked area. They will be taken back until the landforms and the spackling are done. The other pic is the two track staging yard and fiddle yard.

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  08:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good Mike.how will you do the entrance to the staging yard? With a tunnel perhaps? Or possibly hide the hole with trees?

Nosy N scalers want to know.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  10:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, is that wiring UL approved?

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  1:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catt I haven't decided but I'm leaning towards a tree covered cut. Frank if you are refering to the wires in the outlet beneath the layout the orange one goes to an overhead light fixture and is UL approved and the blue coil one goes to a hand held vac and is not UL approved!

Mike

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For what it is worth my vote goes to trees. I am always being asked why my layouts never have tunnels.I just explain that there are two tunnels in Michigan and they both go under water and end in another country.

Besides that they are on the other side of the state.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Edited by - Catt on 10/20/2013 3:25:02 PM

Page: of 102 Previous Topic: Lake Superior Railroad Museum N-Scale Layout video Topic Next Topic: TT scale Otter Creek Falls Coal & Lumber Rwy  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000