Railroad Line Forums - Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 96 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Nantahala Midland V 3.0
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Favorite N Scale Locomotive Mfg. Topic Next Topic: Museum N Scale Layout
Page: of 103

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  11:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good Mike. Always enjoy your work. This may have been asked previously, but I was wondering about your backdrops. Are they commercial or your own photo's.
Regards Rob

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, it's still popular.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  07:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John I think it will turn out O.K. but I doubt I'd buy from them again. Thanks Rob! My backdrops are commercial. The company is Realistic Backgrounds and they do have a website with pics of all the different backdrops.

Mike

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  2:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the roof done and just have the platform (probably poured concrete) that the building will sit on and a light for the platform to go.

This is the angle that you will see it when it is installed on the layout:

Mike

Edited by - Tyson Rayles on 03/07/2009 2:14:39 PM

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  2:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's looking good Mike,
And I bet it'll look good on your layout as well.
-Cody

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  8:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cody!

Mike

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2009 :  9:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike , just spent some time catching up through your layout thread and it proved to be well worth the time. Your building also came out great although I never would have thought of using a large lite bulb for interior liting, I'm usually pulling my hair out trying to find the perfect led.

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Jon

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  08:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Lynn it isn't a large bulb just a small building . Also it's 12 volt but will be getting about 9 volts. If I could have found a smaller 12 volt bulb I would have used it. I don't use LED's for interior lighting as they are too directional for my tastes.

Mike

MikeC
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  10:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I just finished reading the last two pages and getting caught back up. Your depot is turning out really well in spite of the difficulties you've encountered with it.

Re: Jon's suggestion about using caulk to fill the gaps.... I ran into the same problem with windows not fitting the openings when I was building Bar Mills' "Majestic Hardware." I solved the problem by using some Elmer's Redi-Spack Lite to fill the gaps. It might be something to try if you run into a similar problem again.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  4:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike! For the record the problem wasn't with the windows fitting the openings in the wall. It was the windows fitting the window frames. Sorry for any confusion.

Mike

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  8:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice looking depot Mike, with the battens being different color than the siding it really makes it stand out. Nice build.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  9:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tim! As the story goes this depot would be serving an occasional passenger, some lcl freight and it also serves as the home office for the railroad so they want to keep it looking decent.

Mike

Bbags
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  9:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Good looking depot and I am glad to see you were able to overcome the kits short comings with no problem.

When do we get to see the station installed on the layout.

John Bagley
Modeling the Alaska Railroad in HO in Wildwood Georgia.

Catt
Fireman

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  01:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Catt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike,
I like that station you have definately done it justice.I have to find some time somewhere so I can catch up with your layout.

I think I am going to go back to work so I can have time to do the fun things in life.

Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
100% Michigan made

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  07:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks John, soon I hope. Catt it's good to hear from you my friend. Thanks for the kind words and good luck with going back to work!

Mike

Page: of 103 Previous Topic: Favorite N Scale Locomotive Mfg. Topic Next Topic: Museum N Scale Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000