Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 51 ]  [ Total: 53 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  07:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, great to see you posting again and making progress on your layout. That last photo of the farm really gives the impression of wide open spaces and grand vistas!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Bruce

Frederic Testard
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  10:19:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, I love these tests too!

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  10:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone,

Bruce it is good to be back and learning and sharing here on the forum. All is well on our end and I hope your family is doing well too. Say hello to Bonnie for us.

Perhaps more test this weekend. I am hoping to get the dirt road process documented for Harsco.

bror hultgren
New Hire

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  11:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the scale of the mini diorama? I finally found the Hermosa Tunnels thread, so I know that the helix is 7 ft in diameter. ou mention earlier something about 'forced perspective'. Yopu certainl convey the loneliness of the Wyoming landscape.

Bror Hultgren

wirten
Section Hand

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Tim, I like when you has all this unintruded landscape.

It reminds me of a scene on Mike Confalones MR where he also has lots of landscaping and a solitude barn/shed/house (I canít really remember wich).

Anders

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  11:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bror,
The scale is HO but as you know sometimes HO can be smaller than HO. In this case some of the little structures seem much smaller than HO. Example the tank, but the outhouse is proper size. I stood a little HO guy up next to it and he would not hit his head. so it must be HO.

Thanks for the comments!

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As Bror mentioned there is a previous thread that I did for the top of the helix. (Scenery for Hemosa tunnel) If you are interested this is the link.
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11343

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Test

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  1:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  2:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim, I don't know if the (probably after-market) loader on that tractor (Farmall M?) had quirks that led to the bucket usually being all the way up when not working, but normally it's safest to carry the bucket as low as possible, particularly working across a slope with a narrow front end. The weathering looks nice.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  3:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic scenery Tim.

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  9:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice looking scene Tim

How about a pic of the truck in the upper right of the first pic? Interesting.

In memory of Mike Chambers

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  10:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all,
JB you are right but I was planning on using this in a mini scene where it was loading a truck or manure spreader.

Color is still not right, I am going to try color correcting on another computer and see what happens.

Overall scene the dirt road in the lower portion of the pic is in expermental phase.

The Hermosa tunnels is why the Helix exist in the first place, thought you might enjoy seeing it.

Heading home!

The redneck truck needs some weathering but I think the mini scene story is starting to come together for me.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  10:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Harsco I haven't forgot you on the dirt road, I will post tomorrow I hope.

Ken, You will see that truck in the next group of photos on dirt roads.

Worked on this beast most of the day, no modeling time Looks like it's time to add some tires.

Edited by - Tim Kerkhoff on 10/29/2011 10:38:03 PM

Dreamweaver
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  03:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Dreamweaver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Tim. It's been a while since I looked at your layout. I have to say you are getting better and better with every thing you do. The title "Master" seems to fit now.

One of these days I will have to see your layout in person..

Keep up the great work.

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000