Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 77 ]  [ Total: 77 ]  [ Newest Member: johnnycee6 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  08:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim,
So nice to see pics of an op session on your layout. Still hope to get down there for a tour, or better yet, maybe an op session sometime in the future!! Look forward to more pics!!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  08:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tim,

Looks like you had a great operating session and the pictures are great. Looking forward to seeing the "Twist".

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

It looks like you had a successful session. Nice to see some younger guys there, too.

Now for that 'twist'...

Bruce

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, and I did not get the other photos posted yet. Somebody fell asleep during the game!

Mark(Brunton) I never have put up a video on you tube, sounds interesting though. I wish I had some video of the next set of photos, then maybe the investigation would go faster.

I will post more later today.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, what a cliff hanger. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what the "twist" is.

Thanks for all the pictures. Looks like a lot of fun and the layout looks as good as ever.

belg
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  6:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, which football game were you talking about? The Monday night game I bet. The layout and the pics are looking just great. Pat

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  6:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay here is the twist of events that occured. First of all you have to operate trains to understand the problem correctly. All the members will understand this one for certain.

The story starts here, this is Jeff and he is handling the Riverdale yard.

Behind him is Jim who is in charge of the Ogden Passenger terminal. Looks like everything is going well from this end.

WHAT IS THIS! Ah yes a cornfield meet between a freight and a passenger train. You don't see the engineers as they left the scene in a hurry. Must of been time for a snack.

Yes a repeat photo of the two dispatchers viewing the problem from where they sit. That is Dave on the left and Gary on the right. When you see them looking at the same portion of the panel it always ends up interesting.

This is not Santa but rather one of the dispatchers. I think we call him Dave. Dave just so happens to work for the real railroad with many years of experience. If you look in the background you will also notice a badge, yes we have a real FRA guy that runs trains with us. Boy it didn't take him long to get to the scene. We are not sure exactly what happened as the stories were wild and furious. You can bet though its under investigation as we speak (or post as the case may be).

By the look on Daves face he knows something!!!
As the trains backed up from both directions, this lttle scene really drew the crowd.
The greatest thing of running model trains is s??t happens just like on the real RR. No doubt this will be good for some serious teasing. But whooooo.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  7:12:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A couple more photos and I will end this Op Session photo gallery.

This is number veranda unit 65 heading up the MF2 freight as it round the curve at Wamsutter. On the left is one of our new guys, Will and Larry on the right. Notice Will is handling the throttle and he did a spectacular job. He ran a train toward the end of the session by himself, a real accomplishment.

This is Rick handling the work at Cheyenne, there is something about the sweathshirt though.

Steve is getting ready to do the freight switching at Rock Springs.

This is Carl working the Green River passenger terminal, he looks like he might be questioning himself.

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  7:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bruce,
Thanks for bringing up the age of the operators. I invite in a round robin affair and our next Op session will have 5-6 younger fella's. Our group is very good about inviting all ages. It is great to enjoy this hobby with others, no matter what the age.

Plus the younger ones can get underneath the layout easier than the rest of us.

GreggW
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  08:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Kerkhoff

...This is Carl working the Green River passenger terminal, ...

Tim,

These are some great shots of your operating session. Next to dispatcher, the "reporter/camera man" position may be the most important assignment of an op session, but one normally forgotten. Everyone will enjoy these pics for years to come.

Viewing all the operators and their various assignments, one can tell there is not a bad seat in the house. Based on the picture above, I think Carl had the best assignment, with views of this wonderful Green River yard and the layout landscape in the background. Yes, I am jealous. I want this job!!

Fun set of pics. Thanks for sharing.

Gregg

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  09:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, thanks for ending the mystery of the "twist of events".

Thanks too for the additional pictures. Not only is it enjoyable to see everyone have fun operating on the layout, it gives us a glimpse of other areas of the layout we normally don't see.

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  2:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yet another fabulous benefit of DCC: real, honest-to-goodness cornfield meets! Fantastic pics of your session Tim; I would bet the guys were too busy admiring the layout to notice that glowing headlight off in the distance....at least that would be my excuse....

Peterpools
Engineer

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  6:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peterpools's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tim
What a treat to operate on the Overland Green River Basin RR. The photos easily show what a enjoyable time your operator had and what a magnificent railroad is under way. thanks for sharing with us.
Peter

dnhman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  9:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, Looks like a great was had by all on realy great looking railroad. That is some neat dispatching panel!!!
When we have acidents like that over hear the offening souls are given an appropriate nickname,, Hense our Diamond Bill,,, He will never live that on down,,
joe

Cheers!, Joe

hunter48820
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  10:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tim,
Two questions, how many decks do you have and are the additional decks limited in their use, i.e., are they staging only? And I may have just missed it but do you have a track plan posted anywhere for us to look at?

Thanks again for posting all the picks. A fun session for sure!!

Look out for #1, but don't step in #2!

Andy Keeney
Dewitt, MI

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000