Railroad Line Forums - Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 88 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: dtrocket ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 Overland Green River Basin RR.- construction
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements
Page: of 101

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  12:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, I was beginning to wonder what happened to your progress posts. I was beginning to suffer withdrawl symptoms! After the spreadsheet posting, I was getting concerned! But glad to see steady progress continues. And, you have Victor back at it once again. You are so fortunate to have such talent at your disposal!

Mark

LynnB
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  12:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its really take me a while to make my way through this great forum then I trip over great threads like this one, Wow what an amazing thread, talk about workmanship, keep it coming

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, that is a great shot of Victor in action. Once he is done with the backdrop in this area, I can see that the space you have there will become the stage for some of your great modeling and scenery work!

Bruce

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  09:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, it's good to see an update from you - I too was suffering from withdrawal! If that was me up there on the benchwork, I'd probably roll over and catch a few "Zzzz's"...of course, that would be better than ME painting a backdrop

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  4:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I thought you might be interested in the refinery that is going there. The refinery in Sinclair, Wyoming is not that large when it is compared to other refinery's but it has been around a long time. I am hoping to make quite a bit of the piping from brass and the towers from brass or wood turned on a lathe. Its a big project but one with time and patience I think I can complete.

Anyway here are a few pics.

They make numerous products which will require different type tank cars and loading procedures. It should make a good industry to switch.

Edited by - Tim Kerkhoff on 02/27/2007 4:24:29 PM

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  8:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That pesky signal bridge that has been causing me problems. Well no more.
This took Larry, Bob, and I to get this baby installed and working.

Bob, don't worry the green aspect on the far left is turned on by me and it should of been shut off for the photo.

Thanks for the help guys.

Not a great picture but it shows that it is working...yeahhhhhhhhhhh.

We do not want to tell anyone how much time we have in this signal bridge.

Tabooma County Rwy
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  9:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, that sure looks great, especially with that fantastic background behind it!

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2007 :  11:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Tim I am in awe everytime I visit this thread, thank you for taking the time to share with us, that refinery is going to be one heck of a scratch build, by the look of all your pevious acomplishments I know I am going to be amazed at your results.

Amazing accomplishment.
Karl.A

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  12:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, the signal bridge looks great. And I'm sure the best part about it can't be appreciated here; watching the aspects change as a train rolls by! I envy your progress.

Mark

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  08:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Al, thanks, the RR is coming along albeit slow. Progress is being made.

Karl, I just hope I could build a refinery that looks half as good as your bridge. Thanks for the nice comment.

Mark you are absolutely right about the signals changing as the trains pass by. That is not done yet as it involves programming. Another task that is on the list, but the hard part of installing and testing signals is moving forward.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

Congratulations on getting the signal bridge working!

That refinery will sure be a challenge to model.

Bruce

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  7:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey fellas! At the rate Tim models, that refinery should be up and producing product by, say...the end of March!

The signals look great, as always Tim!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  12:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trussman

Al, thanks, the RR is coming along albeit slow. Progress is being made.

Tim, if there is anyone that needs not apologize for the pace of his modeling, its you! Good grief man, considering the size of your layout, and the various projects you have completed in the past year, and the level of detail to which you have completed them, well, I think I speak for everyone here when I say 'WOW!'

Mark

Tim Kerkhoff
Fireman

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Tim Kerkhoff a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bruce, Mike and Mark, Thanks for the kind words. The refinery is off in my future somewhere but I keep gathering information and working on plans. Someday I will be ready to tackle it.

In the meantime Victor continues to paint and this time I caught him in action.

First of all somebody ask about brushes that he uses. When painting the finer details like clouds he uses these 4 brushes. A #7 is in the middle for reference, I am not sure what size the others are. They all look like paint brushes to me.

I try to furnish photos of what I am after as seen in this picture. The challenge here is to paint puffy white clouds that look realistic.

As you can see there are many different shades of color in each cloud. So far no air brushing on the clouds have been done.

Here is Victor with his ear plugs in, not listening to me again.

Its coming along nicely I think, and I hope to show more photos of the blue sky transition from light to dark. All that work was done with an airbrush.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2007 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim,

Okay, with regard to using Victor to paint your backdrop ... I call FOUL, NO FAIR, DO OVER!!!!.

I would file a protest with the POWERS THAT BE, but I have my own secret weapon when painting backdrops -- Bonnie. She makes up in cuteness what she lacks in artistic talent.

Bruce

Page: of 101 Previous Topic: Pot Topper: How I use it in scenery construction Topic Next Topic: Electrical Requirements  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000