Railroad Line Forums - Reading SD-45s
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 55 ]  [ Newest Member: Fred of Medford ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 The Diesel Shop
 Reading SD-45s
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Source of Locomotive Roster Information Topic Next Topic: Help needed on repowering an Athearn Diesel  

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  11:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message
I have been doing some quick research on the Reading SD-45s. I have an opportunity to purchase one. I already have one Bachmann Spectrum SD-45 #7603. The second I can purchase for a price I canít refuse is also 7603. There is an outside chance I could get 7602.

In looking at a couple of websites I only found roster numbers from 7600 to 7605. Did Reading only have six units? Also did they MU them together or with other locomotives?
Tom
Jack of All Trades Master of None
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
NARA Member #100

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Tom,

According to Dale Woodland's RDG Diesels Vol. 2 the RDG had 5 SD-45's #'s 7600 to 7604.

Photo's in the book show them to be mu'ed with other road power, both EMD and non EMD.

An excellent book for your research library if you desire to purchase one. If you would like me to scan one of the photo's and send it to you, I would be glad to assist.

LVRALPH
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Tom,

According to Dale Woodland's RDG Diesels Vol. 2 the RDG had 5 SD-45's #'s 7600 to 7604.

Photo's in the book show them to be mu'ed with other road power, both EMD and non EMD.

An excellent book for your research library if you desire to purchase one. If you would like me to scan one of the photo's and send it to you, I would be glad to assist.

Previous Topic: Source of Locomotive Roster Information Topic Next Topic: Help needed on repowering an Athearn Diesel  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000