Railroad Line Forums - The backshop is busy!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 229 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Interchange Tracks
 The backshop is busy!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Prototype Interchange Tracks Topic
Page: of 4

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  9:09:04 PM  Show Profile
George,

ENVY, DROOL, ENVY, DROOL, ENVY, DROOL! That's one nice car, Eddie.

Allen

quote:
Originally posted by George D

I received Eddie Landreth's boxcar today and it looks every bit as good as the picture he posted. I'll be posting some pictures of it running on our club layout in a few days. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  9:09:04 PM  Show Profile
George,

ENVY, DROOL, ENVY, DROOL, ENVY, DROOL! That's one nice car, Eddie.

Allen

quote:
Originally posted by George D

I received Eddie Landreth's boxcar today and it looks every bit as good as the picture he posted. I'll be posting some pictures of it running on our club layout in a few days. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  10:56:02 AM  Show Profile
NYS&W boxcar #526 is dropping off its last load at the Silk City Mills, before heading to the Interchange Track for its road trip.

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  10:56:02 AM  Show Profile
NYS&W boxcar #526 is dropping off its last load at the Silk City Mills, before heading to the Interchange Track for its road trip.

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  11:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
I always liked those Susquehanna cars, Bruce!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  11:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
I always liked those Susquehanna cars, Bruce!

Chuck

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  12:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Bruce...

I'm fuzzy on the sequence of NYS&W car schemes. I know they had that Susie-Q herald scheme, a boxcar brown/oxide red scheme (I have that one as a Kadee car) and the green and yellow as shown in your photo. Have any idea?

Russ

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  12:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Hey, Bruce...

I'm fuzzy on the sequence of NYS&W car schemes. I know they had that Susie-Q herald scheme, a boxcar brown/oxide red scheme (I have that one as a Kadee car) and the green and yellow as shown in your photo. Have any idea?

Russ

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile
I decided to send the one on the left after all. I snipped off the brake lines and hoses that were near the trucks and ran it the length of our club layout (16 scale mikes) last night. I never thought to take any pictures like Bruce did.

George

Fly Army

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile
I decided to send the one on the left after all. I snipped off the brake lines and hoses that were near the trucks and ran it the length of our club layout (16 scale mikes) last night. I never thought to take any pictures like Bruce did.

George

Fly Army

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  1:27:09 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonelectric

Hey, Bruce...

Russ

Russ, up until the late 1940's the Susquehanna had a small fleet of 40' outside braced wood boxcars (Fowler type) that they got from the Erie. These were painted boxcar red, and were in the 1500 series. In the late '40's , they bought 35 PS-1 boxcars from Pullman Standard. These were originally painted boxcar red with black ends and numbered in the 400 series. All but two of these were sold off to the Monon in the 60's. In the mid 1960's, the NYS&W bought some used boxcars (oxide red) from the Lehigh Valley. Originally these were just restenciled into the 500 series. Shortly thereafter, some were painted green with the "Susie-Q" herald. Others were left oxide red. The Yellow/Black scheme is more of a mystery. The model I bought said "circa 1960", but I think that these were repaints in the mid-70's.

Bruce

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  1:27:09 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonelectric

Hey, Bruce...

Russ

Russ, up until the late 1940's the Susquehanna had a small fleet of 40' outside braced wood boxcars (Fowler type) that they got from the Erie. These were painted boxcar red, and were in the 1500 series. In the late '40's , they bought 35 PS-1 boxcars from Pullman Standard. These were originally painted boxcar red with black ends and numbered in the 400 series. All but two of these were sold off to the Monon in the 60's. In the mid 1960's, the NYS&W bought some used boxcars (oxide red) from the Lehigh Valley. Originally these were just restenciled into the 500 series. Shortly thereafter, some were painted green with the "Susie-Q" herald. Others were left oxide red. The Yellow/Black scheme is more of a mystery. The model I bought said "circa 1960", but I think that these were repaints in the mid-70's.

Bruce

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

You should ask Ray at MRPO. That's where I first saw them in his Railrunner line of cars. Plus, isn't he active in the NYSW historical society? Cripes, maybe I will go there tonight. If I do, I'll ask!

Chuck

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage
Bruce,

You should ask Ray at MRPO. That's where I first saw them in his Railrunner line of cars. Plus, isn't he active in the NYSW historical society? Cripes, maybe I will go there tonight. If I do, I'll ask!

Chuck

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  3:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage
Bruce & Chuck...

I have a model of one of the NYS&W's Fowler boxcars from Westerfield. I also remember know of the Great Equipment Sell-a-Thon where the new Budd passenger cars as well as the PS-1 cars were sold off. I believe the yellow and green paint scheme is a late fabrication same as the yellow and black RS1. Ya think?

Russ

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Prototype Interchange Tracks Topic  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000