Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 178 ]  [ Newest Member: BlackDiamond1964 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BurleyJim Posted - 02/15/2021 : 08:40:47 AM
Good morning all, from very cold 0f and windy N.E.Indiana. Overnight snow has stopped with 8-10" due later. Time to get out the thermal underwear.
The coffee urn is READY with Hunkerinthebunker blend today. The special is a full stack, bacon, sausage patties, and a shot of Schnappes. (Easy on the hooch and no sharp objects )

I worked on the software control of the turntable servo yesterday in short spurts. Until the heavy duty control arrives. I'm limited to about 30 seconds of test hookup until the lightweight controller I'm using gets too hot and starts getting erratic. Then at least a 5 minute cool down. The forcasted stow storm sounds like a delay in tomorrow's scheduled delivery.

I did intermittently watch the Daytona 500 and wonder after all the restriction are lifted, how many of those empty seats will be filled. They have turned off their fan base. Two explosive crashes left a lot of wreckage out on the track.

Have a Super day!

Jim

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbvb Posted - 02/15/2021 : 9:04:29 PM
Good evening, all. The NH seacoast has been cloudy and about freezing with a few periods of sleet. After an errand this morning, I went up to the attic and finished my 4th non-scratchbuilt candidate for AP Cars. I'll post a few pictures, then back to work. Rain is forecast for tomorrow, so I hope to be productive again.
TomPM Posted - 02/15/2021 : 1:46:10 PM
Good morning folks

It 34 presently going up to 35. We are under another Winter Weather Advisory. This one for an ice storm supposed to begin this afternoon. They are still wishy washy on what is going to happen. However, in the counties next to us their western sections are under an Ice Storm Warning. Looks like we may be in for some fun. Need to make sure all the devices are charged.

This weekend was not a good one. My knee was aching at times and other times downright painful. On top of that my bladder issues decided to have a flare up. Saturday was really bad with a good amount of pain. Sunday was still bad but less than Sunday. Today so far it has been so-so. Since there is no medication that helps, I was in pain management mode and drinking water to flush out the system just in case the cause was from something I ate or drank. The flushing meant I was running to the bathroom constantly, but it did seem to help. This was the worst flare up I have had in probably six or eight months. Things are better today but there are still some residual effects.

As a result, nothing got done on the layout or workbench. I was hoping to do something today but I am unsure. We are waiting for the plumber to come and install a new faucet in our powder room on the first floor. This is something we have needed to do for years.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Dutchman Posted - 02/15/2021 : 10:35:41 AM
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where it is 12 degrees and snowing lightly. We did get a little over an little over an inch overnight. It's supposed to snow off and on though tomorrow morning.

We are out for Bonnie's therapy. Saw on car in a ditch. Time to get home and do some modeling.
Michael Hohn Posted - 02/15/2021 : 09:47:56 AM
Good morning, crew. Itís in the upper 20ís and raining ice here in northern West Virginia.

Iíve been to horse races, a dog track, and bicycle races (the ďLittle 500Ē at Indiana University) but never made it to cars. Growing up I lived a mile from the county fairgrounds near Rochester NY and could hear the races. And the demolition derby.

No plans today. Model railroading for sure except for brief excursions outside to clear sidewalks.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike
tloc Posted - 02/15/2021 : 09:46:19 AM
Good morning for the second attempt to say hi. Pressed submit and off into the ether it went. Wisconsin is at -9f degrees and -27 wind chill, but no snow forecasted for the balance of the week. 14Ē fell to the ground last week. High today may get to 4 and is sunny for the 1st time in 10 days per the local TV station weather app.

Jim, thanks for opening, the full stack is very tempting but I will have 2 sausages.

Trains, I finished painting the fourth grain bin and promptly dropped it. I will work on it this morning and hopefully add the ladders and landings later for all 4 this afternoon.

Karl, I always worried when making sales calls in the UP I would get caught in one of those snow events. Those are hardy folks up there and they can keep that much snow up nort.

George, Since March I donít believe I have been in any store 5 times total.

The Race, didnít know until I read it here yesterday morning it was running. I was a casual fan but always turned it on and went twice. I just have no interest and yep, the PC rules have ruined the excitement.
k9wrangler Posted - 02/15/2021 : 09:30:36 AM
Steady light snow here today, and will continue for the next 36 hours or so, we're in the top of the 6-9 range.

Talked to the UP crew and they sent this shot of 15 yr old Tatum, Dan's stepdaughter in the new snow. Taken Sat night it was still snowing. Apparently the big snow was limited to a narrow band 10-15 miles wide from Manistique West past our place. It was a classic lake effect event with a firehose of strong wind just along the East side of the Garden Peninsula and a few miles inland.

Watched no more than 10 minutes of the Daytona race, just as the "big one" happened, the second lap I had on and until the gully washer hit...."OFF" soon followed. Crowds have been dwindling for the series for the last 4-6 years and the series seems too PC and too sterile for most of their demographic, as bad as they wish to change it, they're not recruiting new fans. They've driven off the base that they built upon. One trip to Daytona here, '92(?) Rusty Wallace or Davey Allison won, can't remember. Was 82 there Sat, 70s Sunday and freezing glop upon arrival home Monday. That tiny slice of warm made the ensuing 6-8 weeks of cold back here seem like 6-8 months. 3 guys in a Mazda 323 was not my idea of a good time, either. Indyx30, Bristol-x4, Charlotte, Dover and Michigan-countless on my resume', MI back to '68, Indy 26 years. No more, IF I want to watch racing, TV has a better show. And cheaper concessions,,,the only drunks are those I know....

Watching it snow today, that's about it. Everyone be well.
George D Posted - 02/15/2021 : 09:07:40 AM
Good morning, Jim and crew. More rain in Tidewater Virginia. Pat's getting cabin fever and wants to go shopping. We're still being careful even though we got the second shot over two weeks ago. I need to make a beer run, so I guess I'll go with her.

Like you, Jim, I watched the race on and off yesterday, but went to bed and missed the end. Even though I've been to Daytona three times, super speedways are't my favorite racing venue.

Have a good day.
George

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000