Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 83 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Jefferson State Black Sheep

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grant Whipp Posted - 01/22/2019 : 11:55:40 PM
Let's try something from a slightly different angle! A while back, I made a post asking for a Roll Call of On30 enthusiasts in the Southern Oregon and far-Northern California area (fondly known as the State of Jefferson) and got little-to-no response ... back in 2015 & '16, we had a rag-tag little group here we called the State of Jefferson On30 Renegades (Members included myself, slatecreeklogger, OregonOn30, ChiloquinRuss, and elminero67), but it seems to have peetered out ... well, I'm still committed to try and drum up interest and participation in On30 model railroading, here, so I'm going to give it at least one more go, and hopefully I'm not ... ...! So, with that said, I'd like to introduce to:

... and this is just the beginning (hopefully) of our story:

This is the mythical State of Jefferson ... if you live within these counties of Southern Oregon & far-Northern California and model in On30 gauge, you are specifically invited to join our group and share your projects and your passion in model railroading! Hopefully, we will eventually get "members" together to participate in meets, conventions, and shows, to display our projects, modules, etc., and to share our unique passion for this scale! If you live outside the "borders" of Jefferson, and model in On30, you are welcome to join in and follow along as we go & grow & make our presence known in the model railroading world! WELCOME!

I've also created a Facebook Page for those of us that spend some time there: www.facebook.com/On30JeffersonState/

Please pass the word and invite any enthusiasts in our area to have a look and consider joining us and helping us grow! Thanks, and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
WRGMILW Posted - 04/10/2019 : 7:27:33 PM
Hi Grant

I use my facebook page mostly to talk to cousins & friends with .

thanks for the info . I hope things go well !
Grant Whipp Posted - 04/09/2019 : 01:55:26 AM
Hi, Bill!

Glad you like our FB Page, though there isn't much going on ... yet!

No, we haven't picked a "road name" ... we're (currently) just a handful of On30 enthusiasts in the region, doing our own things, and trying to encourage and drum up interest in modeling in our scale!

Re: your request to join the FB Group ... I received it and it's currently "pending" ... I did a quick review of your profile and saw absolutely nothing train related, let alone model train related, so I'm holding off on your approval for now. We're not looking for "numbers" ... we're looking for enthusiasts who have a passion for vintage railroading and narrow gauge modeling that are happy & willing to share that passion & enthusiasm! I'll review your request again sometime later.

CHEERS!
WRGMILW Posted - 04/06/2019 : 8:19:44 PM
Hi Grant
You new Face book group page looks good ! I asked to join tonite

Has your group decided on a rail road name ?

I will be watching your group from Wisconsin .
Grant Whipp Posted - 02/18/2019 : 1:07:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by elminero67

Hey Grant-good to see your still at it! I'm still around but have been sidetracked by other projects...cheers, Duane

Hey, Duane!

Great to hear from you! Sorry it took so long to get reply, I've been in CA without much internet access! I'll send you and e-mail through here, but if that doesn't work, maybe you could send me your phone number and e-mail address via PM, here? I'd love to get together with you over lunch or a beverage! I'll look forward to hearing from you, again!

CHEERS!
elminero67 Posted - 02/08/2019 : 10:40:34 AM
Hey Grant-good to see your still at it! I'm still around but have been sidetracked by other projects...cheers, Duane
RickW Posted - 01/29/2019 : 02:55:19 AM
Grant,
I am one of those "old farts" who stays as far away from FB as I can.. I do live on Instagram and G+, but otherwise, email is my go to method.I handle most of the CCCModOn30 groups .IO page for calendar events still, even though I am here in Oregon..
I will follow you guys as you start this adventure.. RW
ocalicreek Posted - 01/28/2019 : 9:39:21 PM
Geographically I'm in - I live in Ukiah, down in Mendocino County. However I'm in HO right now and in no place, modeling-wise, to rubber-gauge or switch scales. I have a son that was into N scale but now is more interested in building an FPV drone so we're working on that. Anyway, if you're ever looking for a place to set up down this way my church hall is available. I have an in with the Pastor (she's my wife!).

Galen
Grant Whipp Posted - 01/27/2019 : 10:04:14 PM
Really great to hear from you, Rick! I sent you a Friend Request on FB, and since you're just down in Medford, hopefully we can get caught up one of these days, soon!

By "lack of space", do you mean work space, storage space, or both? It looks like I'll be loosing my storage space in Redding fairly soon, so that means all my CN&C modules will need to find a new home (at least 11 of 'em, anyway), unless I can get some interest from someone up here! I've got just enough room here in Grants Pass to keep my DW&A, so I'll be getting back on that once I get it moved up here.

As far as anything you can do to help, well ... just help me get the word out, and maybe we can get a group working together!

Like I said, great to hear from you! We'll be talking soon! As always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
OregonOn30 Posted - 01/27/2019 : 1:29:55 PM
Hi Grant....I'm still here although not currently building anything doe to lack of space. Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

Rick
Grant Whipp Posted - 01/26/2019 : 1:03:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by RickW

Grant, you can sign me up, but my layout will be a permanent setup in a 18 x 17 room here in Oakridge.. I do intend to post photos here once I start construction, but my first task is to remodel the kitchen or get a new wife....

Hey, Rick!
Haven't we talked on FB once or twice? I can't seem to find you, there, to add you to the Group! It's no matter that you're building a permanent layout, what matters is that it's On30 ... ... and, I'm sure there are a LOT of us that can relate to having to do home projects before "working on the railroad" ... ...!
CHEERS!
Grant
RickW Posted - 01/25/2019 : 10:31:04 PM
Grant, you can sign me up, but my layout will be a permanent setup in a 18 x 17 room here in Oakridge.. I do intend to post photos here once I start construction, but my first task is to remodel the kitchen or get a new wife....
Craig H Posted - 01/25/2019 : 4:27:56 PM
I hope you get a bunch of On30 modelers to sign up I wish I could get 5 or 6 people to show up at the house once a month to get a Layout startedgot plenty of room & enough stuff to build 2 layouts
Grant Whipp Posted - 01/25/2019 : 12:00:59 PM
Well, the original Facebook Page ended up not being user friendly (admittedly, I'm not very FB literate), so I had to delete the Page and start over ... still a work-in-progress, here's the new Group's address:
www.facebook.com/groups/386273875265793/

RickW ... just 'cause you're a bit outside our "borders" doesn't mean that you can't join and share with us what you are doing, we'd love to see! Shall I add you to the Group?

Thanks, and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
RickW Posted - 01/23/2019 : 10:11:11 AM
Grant, as a member of the California Central Coast On30 group, currently living in Oakridge Oregon, I am a tad north of your boundary. So I will be following your efforts to establish a working modular group in the future, and wish you all success. Rick Wiemholt, CCCModOn30.
Rick Posted - 01/23/2019 : 07:25:09 AM
Grant, if I lived in the area I would definitely join.
Hope you do find people.

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000