Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Bruce,

    Good luck with the new toy.

    After you pick up your toy stop at your local hardware store and get yourself a heavy duty timer. The average block heater draws about 1500 watts. Set it appox 3 to 4 hours before you need the truck. That will give it plenty of time to warm up without killing the electric bill.

    Dirk

    Comment


    • #17
      Dirk,

      Most likely, we will be ordering the truck equipped the way we want it. The delivery time is 8-12 weeks. That probably means delivery in February. Good thing that I'm a patient person.
      Bruce

      Comment


      • #18
        Bruce...

        Dirk and I go back a bit here in Connecticut. Maybe we can coax Dirk into posting some photos of what he pulls around with that truck of his (hint, hint!)

        Russ

        Comment


        • #19
          Russ,

          OK, you've tweaked my curiosity. What does Dirk pull with his truck? We're buying enough truck to pull a 5th wheel trailer--if we decide to go in that direction.
          Bruce

          Comment


          • #20
            quote:


            Originally posted by Dutchman


            Russ,

            OK, you've tweaked my curiosity. What does Dirk pull with his truck? We're buying enough truck to pull a 5th wheel trailer--if we decide to go in that direction.



            Let's just say it's 1:1 scale and runs on real railroad tracks.

            Comment


            • #21
              I have put one hundred thousand miles on a detroit and it is still going strong. only using a gallon of oil every ten thousand miles. thats a 60 series detroit between services. although some one else owns ot now ! I have seen two hundred fifty thousand miles on a diesel . The nice thing is the low RPM's let it live a lot longer than a gasoline engine and you have plenty of torque!

              Comment


              • #22
                quote:


                Originally posted by Dutchman


                Dirk,

                Most likely, we will be ordering the truck equipped the way we want it. The delivery time is 8-12 weeks. That probably means delivery in February. Good thing that I'm a patient person.


                I bet its closer to January. Depending on the good packages you ordered. The more stuff the faster they come.

                Comment


                • #23
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by hudsonelectric


                  quote:


                  Originally posted by Dutchman


                  Russ,

                  OK, you've tweaked my curiosity. What does Dirk pull with his truck? We're buying enough truck to pull a 5th wheel trailer--if we decide to go in that direction.



                  Let's just say it's 1:1 scale and runs on real railroad tracks.


                  Nothing like 12" scale. No parts to get lost in the rug. Just grease and rust. At the end of the day you smell like exhaust!

                  I will post a photo or photos of the Fairmont trackspeeders as soon as I figure it out.

                  Have fun.

                  Dirk

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X