Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topic abandoned?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31

    I reviewed many of the DEAD RAIL FORUM posts this morning and I'm having second thoughts. Seems many important subject areas have already been discussed and I have neither the time or desire to "beat a dead horse". I see many truths, some half-truths, and a few untruths, IMO of course. I mean this in a nice way.

    So, how to be helpful to the confused, would-be dead rail enthusiast is the question. Maybe the answer is to address the issues as they come up, and respond accordingly. Hopefully they will appear under the proper topic, creating new topics only when needed. New and better ways of doing things keep expanding the quagmire of dead rail information. Tough staying ahead in this game.

    Dan

    Comment


    • #32
      I hope you can keep this topic going. In my case, I need a manual titled Dead Rail For Dummies. Electrical has never been a strong part of my skill set. Along with failing eyesight and shaking hands I hope someone comes along and offers installation services. I am getting ready to start a new layout and am not too warm to the idea of wiring for DC block control or DCC, which has me intimidated. Dead Rail seems to be the direction in which I should go. So please don't forget those of us who are electrically challenged. Dave
      Head Honcho,V.P. of Marketing,Chief Buyer,Primary Scapegoat,and Head Broom Pusher of the Bear Mountain Lumber and Railway Co.

      Comment


      • #33
        quote:


        Originally posted by eaglehook159


        I hope you can keep this topic going. In my case, I need a manual titled Dead Rail For Dummies. Electrical has never been a strong part of my skill set. Along with failing eyesight and shaking hands I hope someone comes along and offers installation services. I am getting ready to start a new layout and am not too warm to the idea of wiring for DC block control or DCC, which has me intimidated. Dead Rail seems to be the direction in which I should go. So please don't forget those of us who are electrically challenged. Dave


        Hi Dave. I hope this topic will keep going also. I've already have done some R/C and have posted on forums. I guess it's time I gather all my experience and projects and post in this section of the forum.

        Stay tuned. I've got some items to put together on using the Deltang R/C system, both track power and battery power. Hopefully DanT and others interested will add to the conversation ideas and opinions.

        Bernd
        New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

        Comment


        • #34
          There is an active Dead Rail group on Facebook. Dead Rail Society.

          Pete Steinmetz
          Pete Steinmetz

          Dead Rail Society

          www.deadrailsociety.com

          Comment


          • #35
            quote:


            Originally posted by Bernd


            quote:


            Originally posted by eaglehook159


            I hope you can keep this topic going. In my case, I need a manual titled Dead Rail For Dummies. Electrical has never been a strong part of my skill set. Along with failing eyesight and shaking hands I hope someone comes along and offers installation services. I am getting ready to start a new layout and am not too warm to the idea of wiring for DC block control or DCC, which has me intimidated. Dead Rail seems to be the direction in which I should go. So please don't forget those of us who are electrically challenged. Dave


            Hi Dave. I hope this topic will keep going also. I've already have done some R/C and have posted on forums. I guess it's time I gather all my experience and projects and post in this section of the forum.

            Stay tuned. I've got some items to put together on using the Deltang R/C system, both track power and battery power. Hopefully DanT and others interested will add to the conversation ideas and opinions.

            Bernd


            Bernd

            i know this is about a year old but how is the encyclopedia wright up coming along, i am another gentleman who needs a dummies book as well?
            On30 Dave

            seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

            Comment


            • #36
              quote:


              Originally posted by lemkerailroad1

              Bernd


              i know this is about a year old but how is the encyclopedia wright up coming along, i am another gentleman who needs a dummies book as well?


              Hi Dave.

              Unfortunately I believe Dave passed away a little over a year ago from the best I can gather. I have lost interest in totally going with battery power. Plus the Deltang R/C product seems like it's getting harder to purchase. I'm more in to model building at the moment. Sorry to disappoint on the subject.

              Bernd
              New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

              Comment


              • #37
                It would be nice to see more discussion going on about battery power.

                For those looking for a simple way of doing things check out MRC's Loco Genie. With a little searching you can find them for about $50. The only other thing you'll need is a battery instead of hooking up the leads for track power.
                Michael M



                Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda Railroad

                Comment


                • #38
                  https://www.modelrectifier.com/locogenie-s/125.htm

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    There is plenty of Dead Rail activity at deadrailsociety on groups.io and on Dead Rail Society on facebook.

                    Don't know why there is so little here?

                    Pete Steinmetz
                    Pete Steinmetz

                    Dead Rail Society

                    www.deadrailsociety.com

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X