Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C.R. LAMB Sternwheeler Ship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C.R. LAMB Sternwheeler Ship

    I recently went to Inter-Action Enterprises, a company in Canada that makes some really nice kits and conversion kits for Jordan vehicles as well as some other details (I have no affiliation with them at all, just like their models). I have ordered before, and recently while clearing up my game room (looks nice now ), I found a packing box they used to ship my last order. So I thought I would give them a look-see and find out what's new. I don't know how long this one was on the site, but I saw the C.R. LAMB Sternwheeler Ship and thought how unusual it is and very beautiful. Yes, I think we can say that about it, I just fell in love with it. So since there is a limited production, I ordered one. When it comes to the house, I will see what I can do about sharing it with you all. Here are a few shots I got off their web site:

    Tony B.








    Tony Burgess

    Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

  • #2
    I'll be extremely interested in how you do with this. I received mine last week. You will be very impressed with the instruction book that comes with, lots of photos. The laser cut pieces are very crisp and detailed. I don't think I can start mine anytime soon though with 1/1 life getting in the way.

    By the way, the creator of the kit did a brief walk through of his build here:

    http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=2226.0
    http://modelingin1-87.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Chester. When I saw the list on the web site, it said "•Board by board, planked, framed hull". I was hoping the hull would be planked, and not a resin cast. Seeing the link you posted, I feel better that it is. Thanks.

      Tony
      Tony Burgess

      Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

      Comment


      • #4
        Looking forward to this Tony...

        I'm on board.
        Carl

        Comment


        • #5
          Very nice looking ship Tony, I do hope your build will be posted as your progress begins. Thanks!

          After seeing that link Chester posted, yes it does look like an outstanding challenge.


          Louis L&R Western Railroad
          Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

          Comment


          • #6
            quote:


            Originally posted by desertdrover


            Very nice looking ship Tony, I do hope your build will be posted as your progress begins. Thanks!

            After seeing that link Chester posted, yes it does look like an outstanding challenge.


            Yes, I will be posting. I have only one dilemma; my wife got me the Sierra West Loco and Service Shops kit for my birthday last November. I told her that was going to me my next model to build. So, should I try and slip this by her or do two at a time? That is the question....



            Tony
            Tony Burgess

            Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:


              Originally posted by Nelson458

              Yes, I will be posting. I have only one dilemma; my wife got me the Sierra West Loco and Service Shops kit for my birthday last November. I told her that was going to me my next model to build. So, should I try and slip this by her or do two at a time? That is the question....

              Tony



              IMO, if your wife is supportive of your modeling, and she is looking forward to your building the SW Loco Svc shops, than I'd go with the SW build.


              Louis L&R Western Railroad
              Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

              Comment


              • #8
                Tony go for. I've seen your work you can two of them together.

                You work on the other while the glue and paint is drying on the other.
                Jerry



                "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

                Comment


                • #9
                  quote:


                  Originally posted by TRAINS1941


                  Tony go for. I've seen your work you can two of them together.

                  You work on the other while the glue and paint is drying on the other.


                  Well I've done it before, so I can do it again, thanks for the vote of confidence.

                  Louis, I think I can please her with that build too, I can set up a second table, which I sometimes do anyway, and if she enquires, I'll show her the stripwood drying [:-pirate]





                  Tony
                  Tony Burgess

                  Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Tony,that's a great looking ship kit!

                    Forum member here John Elwood (jbelwood)& another guy, are currently building this same ship models over at MRR forums.

                    You might want to check out what those guys have done so far,before you start yours.

                    Greg Shinnie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      quote:


                      Originally posted by Ensign


                      Hi Tony,that's a great looking ship kit!

                      Forum member here John Elwood (jbelwood)& another guy, are currently building this same ship models over at MRR forums.

                      You might want to check out what those guys have done so far,before you start yours.

                      Greg Shinnie


                      Thanks John, took a little searching, but I found it. I searched under your name. I saw this the other day, but at the time, didn't have time to explore. Then I lost the link. Thanks for posting again.

                      Tony
                      Tony Burgess

                      Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Tony, caught your thread the other day when you started but didn't want to butt in. Yes,

                        Mike Carter (madharry) of the UK and I started the build several weeks ago. On the other

                        forum, link to "Tuesday the 11th" to see where I am. Currently unable to post photos on our build

                        forum over there. This is a fun build and very challenging. I'll be following your progress.

                        John Elwood

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:


                          Originally posted by jbelwood


                          Hi Tony, caught your thread the other day when you started but didn't want to butt in. Yes,

                          Mike Carter (madharry) of the UK and I started the build several weeks ago. On the other

                          forum, link to "Tuesday the 11th" to see where I am. Currently unable to post photos on our build

                          forum over there. This is a fun build and very challenging. I'll be following your progress.

                          John Elwood


                          OK, Now I feel embarrassed, I got John and Greg mixed up. So sorry.[:I]

                          Now at least I know who's who and start afresh.

                          Thanks. I will be watching you guys too.

                          Tony (another guy from Britain )
                          Tony Burgess

                          Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks for sharing its helpfull for my

                            Frank

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Love these boat builds, something about the sea air that stirs the imagination. I wouldn’t worry about getting Greg involved, he’ll be ok as long as you light-er-up!
                              Frank

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X