Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large scale Indoor layout

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ty, have you tried a graduated wash over the background? start mild and get more gray as you go back in depth
    Frank

    Comment


    • Frank,

      I have not. If you were going to do that how would you go about it if you were going to do it.

      Comment


      • Frank,

        I have not. If you were going to do a wash how would you go about it.

        Comment


        • I have had this Bear figurine that I bought a bout 1 year ago. I have been looking for a place to put him.


          Comment


          • I looked for some type of bee hive that would work and i found this on the internet.


            Comment


            • Here is the what i came up with. I worked on a piece of foam for about an hour. I used some chalk and brown HO scale ballast for the bees...




              Comment


              • Wow, that turned out great! Nice job on the beehive.

                Comment


                • That little beehive is great, and the bear attempting to reach for the hive . . . well I've seen a picture like that before. Nice touch!


                  Frank

                  Comment


                  • That's a very good looking scene. :up:

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Guys.

                      I have done more work to the other side of the portal. I have a cabin that is from my modular that i was going to use on the hill. I had to make it so it is easily removable. I used the a 1/8" piece of Sign board to make a base that the cabin set down into.


                      Ty






                      Comment


                      • I got so busy that i forgot to take pic's of what I did in between. You can see some of it in the back ground of this picture. I blended in the ground cover and then applied natural dirt and than added a little zip texturing to change give a variance in the color.


                        Comment


                        • After the dirt was added I felt like I needed a few more rocks and I went back and added a few foam rocks. I added them and colored them.

                          Where I live there are pine trees everywhere. And you find local forest floors covered in pine needles. So I decided to try my hand at make pine needles. I took some fine bleached sisal rope. I cut it into very short lengths. I then dyed it using a light brown leather dye and alcohol. It came out a decent red-brown color.

                          I used this for my ground cover. I think it turned out pretty well.



                          Comment


                          • There will be a road going into the forest behind the cabin. That is why it has not been done yet. The colors look a lot better in person, but get washed out in the pictures.

                            Comment


                            • I also needed pine trees to make the pine needles look appropriate for the area. I just happened to have a whole box of preserved Ming Fern that I bought over a year ago. It make pretty nice pine trees. I don't think you can get Ming Fern any more that is fresh. I talked to the only company that imported it. They said they quit buying it because the last they received was of very poor quality.

                              I made the trucks from cedar and then used the ming fern for the branches.






                              Comment


                              • Hey guys,

                                I am working to blend these 2 modules into the bench work. I had to put 2 screws into the one module to hold it down. I used plywood circles to give me a hard point for the screws. I then used 2 old tree stumps to cover the screws.








                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X