Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOn3 and HOn30 Lounge

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No, Bobby, you didn't. It is just that spring has arrived and things slow down a bit - at least they do with me.
    Bruce

    Comment


    • Gents,

      I stumbled upon this link today when browsing.

      A source of hon3 spoked drivers.

      http://motorbogies.com/index.php?mai...dex&cPath=1_21
      Owen Pass Lumber Company

      HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

      https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • Last night i did my first of what will be a few Bachmann 70ton to hon3 conversions.

        My loco is now back together and running on hon3 in about 3 hours. I think the second will only take about an hour.

        Anyway the conversion is very simple and not to expensive to try. Getting a 70ton loco for about $45 of ebay and then the conversion parts from NWSl for $10 i think.

        I may do another this afternoon after work and post it up step by step later in the week.

        No its time to start my drawings for brass etching and making it a box cab :-)
        Owen Pass Lumber Company

        HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

        https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • Adrian, a step-by-step would be great!
          Bruce

          Comment


          • Bruce,

            There was an article in RMC a couple years ago about converting Bachmann 70 tonners to HOn3. I can look through my issues, if you like, and find it.

            Jeff S.

            Comment


            • quote:


              Originally posted by jschumaker


              Bruce,

              There was an article in RMC a couple years ago about converting Bachmann 70 tonners to HOn3. I can look through my issues, if you like, and find it.

              Jeff S.


              I have a PDF of this that i can email if anyone needs it.

              Fairly easy to follow. Ill still take some pics when i do my next power truck. Might motivate some more people to give it a go.
              Owen Pass Lumber Company

              HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

              https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • quote:


                Originally posted by adrian_batey


                quote:


                Originally posted by jschumaker


                Bruce,

                There was an article in RMC a couple years ago about converting Bachmann 70 tonners to HOn3. I can look through my issues, if you like, and find it.

                Jeff S.


                I have a PDF of this that i can email if anyone needs it.

                Fairly easy to follow. Ill still take some pics when i do my next power truck. Might motivate some more people to give it a go.


                Please do not distribute, unless you get permission from RMC.
                dave
                Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

                Comment


                • quote:


                  Originally posted by deemery


                  quote:


                  Originally posted by adrian_batey


                  quote:


                  Originally posted by jschumaker


                  Bruce,

                  There was an article in RMC a couple years ago about converting Bachmann 70 tonners to HOn3. I can look through my issues, if you like, and find it.

                  Jeff S.


                  I have a PDF of this that i can email if anyone needs it.

                  Fairly easy to follow. Ill still take some pics when i do my next power truck. Might motivate some more people to give it a go.


                  Please do not distribute, unless you get permission from RMC.
                  dave


                  I was expecting someone to say something like that.

                  Sorry if i thought i may have been helping someone out.
                  Owen Pass Lumber Company

                  HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

                  https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • Adrian, I have that issue set aside for future use.
                    Bruce

                    Comment


                    • quote:


                      Originally posted by adrian_batey


                      quote:


                      Originally posted by deemery


                      quote:


                      Originally posted by adrian_batey


                      quote:


                      Originally posted by jschumaker


                      Bruce,

                      There was an article in RMC a couple years ago about converting Bachmann 70 tonners to HOn3. I can look through my issues, if you like, and find it.

                      Jeff S.


                      I have a PDF of this that i can email if anyone needs it.

                      Fairly easy to follow. Ill still take some pics when i do my next power truck. Might motivate some more people to give it a go.


                      Please do not distribute, unless you get permission from RMC.
                      dave


                      I was expecting someone to say something like that.

                      Sorry if i thought i may have been helping someone out.


                      I'm sorry you feel that way. But the law is the law. An individual may make a copy for his own use, but may not distribute to others. You could send him the magazine and he can make his own copy. Sometimes the law is just strange.
                      dave
                      Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

                      Comment



                      • But the law is the law.


                        So im sure you have never jay walked or sped in you life or something liek that. Maybe even have a friend or family meber pass on a coppied CD to you or something.

                        Anyway back to model railroading.

                        I will take photos of the process and doccument it so that people who may not have the info will and then no one is breaking the law
                        Owen Pass Lumber Company

                        HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

                        https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • I had a long talk with Dave Hoffman at the SER Convention in Gatlinburg today. What a nice guy. As you may know, he manufacturers some neat stuff in HOn30 and HOn3 - both rolling stock and motive power.

                          Here are a few pictures of his "motorizing unit" for the Keystone Shay in HOn3. The motor and everything you see in brass is made by Dave. All you do is add what you want from the Keystone castings. It ran quite well.





                          I believe the wait for one is about a year now.
                          Bruce

                          Comment


                          • Dave does fanstastic work. I have his mechanism, in HOn30, for the Grandt Line boxcab.

                            Jeff S.

                            Comment


                            • Wow, the lounge has been very quiet the past three weeks!

                              Here is a picture of the Ken Hoffman Climax kit that I purchased at the SER Convention in Gatlinburg. I hope to get it on the bench late summer/early fall. Mine is in HOn3, but he has it available in HOn30, too. I also want to purchase his powering kit for the Grandt-Line box cab.





                              Bruce

                              Comment


                              • Here is something of interest to the Hon3 Guys

                                0-4-0 poter kit

                                http://www.lightscalemodels.com/inde...e-model-photos
                                Owen Pass Lumber Company

                                HO Logging Layout in a Shed.

                                https://owenpass.blogspot.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X