Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My diesels frank toptrain

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My diesels frank toptrain

    A place to show my diesels doing there thing.

    frank



  • #2
    post 2

    Some diesels move into storage spaces at roundhouse.


    Comment


    • #3
      Frank, you've got a nice collection of both steamers and diesels.

      What type is the first one you posted?

      Comment


      • #4
        Frank. I'm envious! I only wish I had enough room for an extensive roundhouse, truntable and extra tracks to display my locomotives they way you do! Do post more pics of the diesels! [:-apple] [:-apple]
        Mike Hamer

        Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

        http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca

        http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca

        http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

        Comment


        • #5
          post 5

          quote:


          Originally posted by Rick


          Frank, you've got a nice collection of both steamers and diesels.

          What type is the first one you posted?


          Rick, mike : I will be posting more of my disels here' It is a brass Baldwin Double ender By Red Ball. Red Ball calls it a "2000HP two cab road diesel". Baldwin has a DR number for it that I cant recall. Only the Jersey Central had this locomotive. No One Else.

          frank

          Comment


          • #6
            post 6

            quote:


            Originally posted by Mike Hamer


            Frank. I'm envious! I only wish I had enough room for an extensive roundhouse, truntable and extra tracks to display my locomotives they way you do! Do post more pics of the diesels! [:-apple] [:-apple]


            Mike it is not that big a layout. Just 16 feet by 6 1//2 feet open in the center. The sides are only 2 feet wide.

            frank

            Comment


            • #7
              Baldwin DRX 4-4-2000


              John

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks John for the prototype. I have never seen one, or heard of this type of diesel before.

                Frank, nice collection going there! :up:


                Louis L&R Western Railroad
                Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

                Comment


                • #9
                  That Red Ball Baldwin DRX 4-4-2000 is a real beauty!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Say Frank, do you recall which manufacturer put out that intriguing Baldwin locomotive?
                    Mike Hamer

                    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

                    http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca

                    http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca

                    http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      post 11

                      quote:


                      Originally posted by Mike Hamer


                      Say Frank, do you recall which manufacturer put out that intriguing Baldwin locomotive?


                      Mike you missed it. It is a RED BALL. As delievered from Baldwin. The green with stripes is a later paint skeem. The blue and yellow is really Blue and Orange. On all the CNJ locomotives using this paint skeem the orange faded to yellow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        post 12

                        quote:


                        Originally posted by desertdrover


                        Thanks John for the prototype. I have never seen one, or heard of this type of diesel before.

                        Frank, nice collection going there! :up:


                        Baldwin made the Sharknose and Baby-face diesels at the same time. They were the same drive with different bodies. They shared the same Baldwin designation. this is a double cab Baby-face model

                        frank

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          post 13

                          Next in diesels is the Pennsylvania Railroad AEM 102 Tuscan with 5 stripes. (athearn)


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A Athearn SW7 1478


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Another Athearn SW7 CALF


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X