Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou’s NP Shop Loco #6 Critter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Louis,

    Try chopping about two feet off the bottom of the S1 shell. I know that it'll take out some of the doors, but from what I can make out from the picture it looks like there are only two on the side.

    Bernd
    New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

    Comment


    • #32
      Bernd, I had thought of that, but the motor and PC board make it impossible to lower the shell. If fills the inside of the shell with no room to spare.
      The only other solution would be to make it a static Loco, and I'd rather have it motorized.


      Louis L&R Western Railroad
      Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

      Comment


      • Bernd
        Bernd commented
        Editing a comment
        Mmmmm...never thought about that. Wonder what else is workable. Then again you don't have to follow the prototype 100%.

    • #33
      Lou & guys~,
      This is such a cool build thread! I love these types of builds. Very cool.
      Thanx Thom...

      Comment


      • #34
        Originally posted by tct855 View Post
        Lou & guys~,
        This is such a cool build thread! I love these types of builds. Very cool.
        Thanx Thom...
        Thank you very much for your post and comment. Glad to have you along.


        Louis L&R Western Railroad
        Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

        Comment


        • #35
          That's interesting Louis. So what if it's a little high.
          Frank

          Comment


          • #36
            Originally posted by Frank_Palmer View Post
            That's interesting Louis. So what if it's a little high.
            Thanks Frank, I needed that extra push.


            Louis L&R Western Railroad
            Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

            Comment


            • #37
              I’m dragging my feet here, with discissions and mind changes, but this is what I’m going to do with the opposite side of the Doodlebug shell nose.
              I’m keeping the S1 windows, and roof angle, and attach it to the Doodlebug shell.
              Still no takers for a trade on the B&M shell before I start cutting it up???????


              Click image for larger version

Name:	10 Nose-Rear Changes.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	1004515


              Louis L&R Western Railroad
              Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

              Comment


              • Bernd
                Bernd commented
                Editing a comment
                Great thoughts Louis. I say go with them. Might be a little tough matching that roof line, but I know you can do it.

            • #38
              Loius,
              Looks like a good plan so far. Let the slicing and dicing begin!

              Scott

              Comment


              • #39
                Lou.....From what I can see ( not much ) the top of the NP hood looks to be pretty flat and plain except for the headlight. Instead of cutting the lower section of the switcher shell, why not cut the top off ever so much to achieve that flat look of the original without lowering so much to cause mechanical issues? Just a thought here. I still have those every now and then. Carry on my friend, I'll be watching.

                GULF COAST & WESTERN

                Comment


                • #40
                  Yikes! It is decisions like this that push me to "inaction". Click image for larger version

Name:	smileyheadbangsmall.gif
Views:	18
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1004594

                  Bruce

                  Comment


                  • #41
                    Originally posted by CNE1899 View Post
                    Loius,
                    Looks like a good plan so far. Let the slicing and dicing begin!

                    Scott
                    Thanks Scott. I my have just found a project that is more than I thought to tackle.


                    Louis L&R Western Railroad
                    Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

                    Comment


                    • #42
                      Originally posted by john_holt View Post
                      Lou.....From what I can see ( not much ) the top of the NP hood looks to be pretty flat and plain except for the headlight. Instead of cutting the lower section of the switcher shell, why not cut the top off ever so much to achieve that flat look of the original without lowering so much to cause mechanical issues? Just a thought here. I still have those every now and then. Carry on my friend, I'll be watching.
                      Hi John, I know the top of the NP hood is pretty much flat. I'm just getting lazy here with this project, and want to do as little as I can with changes.


                      Louis L&R Western Railroad
                      Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

                      Comment


                      • #43
                        Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                        Yikes! It is decisions like this that push me to "inaction". Click image for larger version

Name:	smileyheadbangsmall.gif
Views:	18
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1004594
                        Oh boy, and do you know! It is beginning to be a double head banger. That is the reason I'm dragging my feet here with this project. Click image for larger version

Name:	Head Bang.gif
Views:	15
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1004607 Click image for larger version

Name:	Head Bang.gif
Views:	15
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1004608


                        Louis L&R Western Railroad
                        Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

                        Comment


                        • #44
                          Louis if anyone can figure it out, you can. Maybe "baby steps" are in order.
                          Owner, General Manager, and all around "chief cook and bottle washer" of the Caz Coal-and-Wood Railroad

                          Comment


                          • #45
                            Have you thought of using NWSL's Stanton drives for this? Then you could achieve the low hood.

                            Dan
                            Dan



                            Happiness begins with dessert.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X