Railroad Line Forums - Monday T-boomer breakfast.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 2 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday T-boomer breakfast.
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: A Three Year Summary........ Topic Next Topic: World’s Deepest Known Shipwreck Rediscovered  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  08:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the “First Message” mis-stakes...
Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/05/2021 08:58:47 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sausage eggs and grits start us out, had them all out and a bolt out of the blue hit the buffet table and roasted them beyond help.... has ugliness about 2 pixels N of us here. Lightningbolt Brew fills the Silverbullet, Diet Dr. P and Coke in the ice bucket. Tea and oat goo for Walt if he trips thru the door.

70 yesterday and I took the big blow off of Johnny and rolled the weather. Dice, fully prepared to take the blame, Pete, if it goes to ****, as it may well.

No big plans here today. Everyone be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl and the incoming crew. Thanks for opening and the fine breakfast! It's overcast here but no rain in our forecast. Well, the high $$$ internet is in the bag once again this morning, and was dragging all weekend. The problem I believe is that they have a bunch of monkeys constantly trying to tune or shift bandwidth around, and they haven't a clue of what the heck they're doing. About ready to send a scathing letter to the BBB and the local newspaper. Yep, we still have a newspaper with a circulation of at least 100. There is always a copy next to the free Senior Citizens rag at the local restaurants which remain open.

Tomorrow, we will move to level 5 (near normal) for pandemic control. (Certain ZipCodes may never get to level 5). It's all about control.

Well, off to the telephone to talk to the Internet monkeys.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Karl and Jim. Thank you for opening, Karl, and the breakfast.

A beautiful day, 48F heading for 70 here in northern West Virginia. We will go walking later, making sure we take the binoculars. Recent sightings include herons, grebes and hooded mergansers.

I’ll hopefully work on a model today but it’s awfully nice outside. Otherwise not much in the way of plans.

Have a great day! Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 49 degrees and heading up to 65 later today here in S.E. Michigan. We should have a brief period of rain here later this morning.

A trip to Kohl's this morning to 'spend' the $20 in Kohl's Cash we got last week. After that, it is back to the modeling bench.

Whenever we head out this week, we will try out the new GPS App on my phone. I already have Google Maps, but (1) I really don't want to support Google any more that I have to, and (2) I wanted a program where you could easily download the state maps so I'm not dependent on good connections to Google. We have found plenty of places in the US where that connection is bad or non-existent. The App is called Magic Earth.

Have a great day!

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Karl and crew. I'm at the airport USO this morning. It's the first time I've been here in over a year. We have tight controls, service members can stop at a table in the doorway to pick up snacks. No entry is permitted. It doesn't matter much, the airport is dead. Only one flight this morning.

I have yardwork to do this afternoon, so I may not get near the workbench today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Karl and Crew, thanks for opening up with a breakfast and chance to chat.
Yesterday was a great day, weather was warm, and turned out to be a fine Easter day with Grand and Great Grand kids. Our Covid shots couldn't have come soon enough.
Today is going to be just a lazy day for me. No plans going forward.
Everyone have a great, safe and healthy day ahead. See you all on the Forum.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  09:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is gray and 50-ish. Yesterday was nicer and we went for a bike ride that turned out to be about 14 miles, including an old B&M branch near me. It's the least-maintained rail trail I've seen, the only 'improvement' being a wood bridge replacing a small road overpass. Bills to pay and then talk to Dave about installing hardboard.

James

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  11:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from the wonderfully confused State of Wisconsin. Weather here seems gloomy, no sun and none expected. Currently 61f degrees heading to 74 and it is very calm and scary like outside. Feels like a storm any moment but nothing on radar.

The electrician just left after checking the circuits in the trainroom and cave. They will be back tomorrow with a crew to sort some issues out. Any work I do in the trainroom till then will be done off an extension cord. He pulled the circuit break and is not a happy owner with a well deserved reputation for excellence electrical company. He is going back to the office to see who did the electrical work on the house addition. The pool is down too with only the filters being run off an extension cord to the garage.

My SIL is cleaning their pool today so took the day off. This is the earliest he has started the pool and hopes to start using it in a few days or so. If the sun comes out the pool will heat up fast with the solar collectors, if not they will wait to use it. We had a 1hour+ Zoom with the family last night. 3 pm in Hawaii was 8 here. Texas with the son, California with the niece, the sister , brother and my wife are still on Maui and the daughter here in Verona. Technology is great when it works.

Not sure what today will bring now so what happens, happens. Enjoy your day.

TomO

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/05/2021 :  3:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

Currently 65 and windy. Supposed to go up another degree.

Thought about putting up the canopy on the gazebo but it is too windy. Thing will be blowing around too much.

Getting here late today. My wife had a rough night sleeping. She was getting the chills and running a low-grade fever. She was up and down constantly and could not get comfortable. Appears to be a late reaction to her second shot. She is scheduled to go back to work on Thursday if the school reopens.

We had a peaceful, uneventful Easter other than me having to run out and get chopped peanuts for the sweet potato casserole. Saturday we ran some errands until the wife was too tired to continue. Friday, however, was the stress day. I had to travel to four PetSmarts before I found the prescription dog food. I did not have a choice as we were out of the only one the dog will eat. Took me about 3 hours and about 85 miles.

I did start on the Engine House. I added the mortar lines.

I hope to continue on the Engine House or tracklaying as the wyes showed up today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Previous Topic: A Three Year Summary........ Topic Next Topic: World’s Deepest Known Shipwreck Rediscovered  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000