Railroad Line Forums - Easter morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 201 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Easter morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad Documentary Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Easter to the crew, readers, and lurkers from 39f and Sunny N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Berkshire blend today. The crew van interior was shoveled out, Febreze'd and it'll be heading over to the Greek's for a special holiday brunch. They'll be expecting a big tip.

Work continued on the shop rearrangement yesterday and I took a break from that and retrieved the SLK from storage, Fired right up and took it to the carwash, looks like a new one.

Then I turned to do some printing last evening, and made a mistake the last time I loaded one of the programs used in the process, and left 'auto update' on. So it 'autoupdated' and saw that the results were less than pleasing. Actually a pile of plastic 'rats nest'. So today, I'll have to back date that code, and go through the realignment process. Just a tad AGGRAVATING! Similar to knocking over that very last bottle of Floquil Engine black.

Have a Super Holiday!

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  08:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and 35 degrees here in S.E. Michigan.

A litte reading and some modeling are on the agenda today.

Enjoy!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  09:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
36 going to 70 in the palm of the mitten. Pass on the Greek’s today. Preparing for sausage, eggs, biscuits here this morning. Mediocre biscuits from the can, but still something besides oat-glop. Funny reminiscent thought of my mother, she was scared to death of opening the biscuit tubes and in fact never would.

Decided to skip the trip to Grand Rapids for the hobby shop, decided if I looked I probably had what I would be taking a chance on finding and in fact actually found a stash of Tichy and Grandt windows for my current project. Took me 5 minutes to find them. Saved $20 in gas and driving in crazy traffic on 28th St.

My last 3D efforts this past week, Jim, were turds on a platter. Don’t have the gumption to work on the thing.

I may have to get a start on some 1:1 today but off to the kitchen first. Good day all.

Happy Easter all. Be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/04/2021 09:10:15 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  09:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're going to hit the 70's today. Our daughter and her husband are coming over for dinner, so Pat wants to do a walk this morning.

3D printing looks very interesting, from my perspective, however from what I'm reading here, it's a test of your sanity. Jim and Karl, keep us posted on your adventures.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  09:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from a mostly sunny So. Central Wisconsin. It is 46f degrees heading to 74 this nice Easter Sunday. Enjoy the van ride I will be heading to the daughter’s for brunch at 10.

The grandkids appeared yesterday for dinner and some swim time. The daughter and the SIL went to a friend as everyone there last night were fully vaccinated and it was an outdoor gathering in beautiful weather watching a basketball game. The kids played in the pool and as soon as I got them home they were sleeping in their beds.

Had quite the discussion with my wonderful wife last night via FaceTime about what is infrastructure and what isn’t. Let’s just say we disagree.

Trains today will again be between the paper mill and grain complex. I decided to use ME code 83 rail again on the Central Valley tie strips. I have decided though to add PC ties every 18” which turns a cheaper alternative into a little more expensive then ME flex. I did use Altas 83 flex through the paper mill and it really looks different to my eye and maybe coming out.

Enjoy your day
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and seasonal in SE NH. Our first daffodil bloomed Friday, and a couple more joined them yesterday. Lots of buds on the rest of them.

Yesterday I spent "quality time" cleaning the unfinished part of the basement. Still a lot of work to do there, and there's stuff I really should throw out "but I might need that one day."

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely morning here in No. Va -- coffee and bacon on a bagel makes the morning a wee bit better.

Office and shop work and if my back is up to it, maybe wrap up installing that crown molding.

Strangely enough I'm "in between" on both publications so a day off on wearing the editors' hats.

Maybe start roughing out the next article or 3, or just get more reading done.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  11:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
. The crew van interior was shoveled out, Febreze'd and it'll be heading over to the Greek's for a special holiday brunch. They'll be expecting a big tip.

Big tip “model railroaders are cheap curmudgeons and old sobs who spend all their extras from fixed incomes on expensive toys.......so.....”

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/04/2021 11:39:58 AM

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  11:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
They'll be expecting a big tip.

Don't invest in NTFs,

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  11:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. Our daffodils are budding too, but no flowers as of fetching the Globe this morning. The little blue flowers around the mailbox have opened, though; they're usually just behind the crocuses.

Looking for decals by Speedwitch Media, I found the decal line had been sold to National Scale Car. I think I'll see how I can do with decals on-hand before ordering just one set. Or I could make a list of "freight cars someday" and go back to see if there's anything else I might use.

James

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  12:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afteroon, All!

56, headed for 63 and sunny here in the northern mitten. Happy Spring! I have three daffodils in bloom, the forsythia are looking like they're trying, the crocuses (croci??) have pushed shoots but no flowers, and it's spring. Or not.

Big Tip for Jim: Buy low, sell high.

Worked on the bridge project some yesterday, and I 'm now at a point where I might even be able to claim a point for the Challenge, which would be nice, as I'd actually be on the Board.... Still have a lot to do though....

Make it a Great Day, All, and stay safe!

And Happy Easter!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad Documentary Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000