Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Easter morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Real Friday April 2 lounge
Page: of 2

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from 34f and Sunny N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Caboose Stove blend today. The special is biscuits and black-peppered sausage gravy. Oatmeal for an alternative, as well as other beverages, at the end of the serving line.

Worked continued out in the shop yesterday with a couple of two people jobs done solo, and feelin' it this morning. I've got a very old LeBlond 18" lathe that I'm dismantling, and a few of the castings are 250+ lbs. that I'm wrestling with. This beast was bolted together with 1/2-12 bolts. So it was built pre-1920's. It was originally a leather strap drive that was converted to a three phase 220 motor by some Mountain William long before it moved in there by me and 3 other guys. They've all taken the last train.

Today is going to be planned R&R, but we'll see how that plays out.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 35 degrees under cloudy skies here in S.E. Michigan. We should get up near 60 later today.

Jim, you know that you are going to need that old lathe "someday".

The wood for the Engine House build is all stained. Today I will paint the windows and the few metal castings.

Sometime over the next few days I will take the weight bucket and snow blower off the Kubota. A certain amount of procrastinating has to take place first.

Have a great day!

Bruce

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Thanks for opening Jim and the coffee.
It was nice talking to you yesterday. Glad we got to talk instead of just typing words.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/32. Later on 52.

We have a zoom birthday party later in the day with Diane's Aunt Marie. Who will hit the 100 mark!!

Later on I'll get some work done on the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 04/03/2021 08:51:46 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Thanks for the biscuits and gravy, Jim. I'm adding some eggs and grits if anyone wants some.

We're starting the day in the 30's but Tidewater Virginia is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's later.

I started watching Formula 1 on Netflix last night. My two sons have both recommended I watch it and they were right, I'm enjoying it. I haven't seriously followed F1 since the 60's and 70's, so I'm learning a lot.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  09:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and warmer today in MI. I hear the snow blower calling me, much like Bruce. If it snows any we'll deal with it the old fashion way.

Worked on the bench project yesterday while the Doll was engaged with her antiques and also helping her grand daughter with the cat that they had at the vet $$ she has 'people' coming so my project is off the table...in the collection of "hmmm...what was I doing with this?" stash.

Biscuit and gravy sounds terrific, Jim. I'll take the oats...

Up and attum y'all, have a good day. Safe and well.

-edit- correct spell check inserted *****t

Doll and her kids all off shopping for kayaks, think Iíll go to not so LHS for windows.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/03/2021 10:55:46 AM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  09:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. A frosty 32F with sun in northern West Virginia.

Iíll run over to the club shortly and then back home for a rail trail walk. I might work on a model this afternoon. We will see.

The mower will probably come out next week. Iíll have to charge the battery. The front yard is looking pretty ragged.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from bright Wisconsin. 50-60ís predicted for temperatures. Tomorrow 70ís.

My last second planned trip fell apart yesterday but itís ok.

My thoughts are to ignore the bench and work on the space on the layout between the paper mill and grain complex.

Enjoy your day
TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  09:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I have some "mandatory tasks" from the spousal unit, and then some more pick-up/put-away in the anticipation of a visit by James and his stepson to hang backdrops.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  10:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin,' All!

47, headed towards almost 60 and sunny here in the northern mitten today.

Bruce, that "thinking things through" process (a.k.a. "Procrastination") needs to take about three weeks. After that, you'll be OK, and can proceed. Right now it looks like it will be fine and dandy for awhile, but a few years ago we had well over a foot of WGFA in mid-April after a lovely run-up to "Spring." Don't jinx us!

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  11:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Pete wisely stated: Right now it looks like it will be fine and dandy for awhile, but a few years ago we had well over a foot of WGFA in mid-April after a lovely run-up to "Spring." Don't jinx us! Right now it looks like it will be fine and dandy for awhile, but a few years ago we had well over a foot of WGFA in mid-April after a lovely run-up to "Spring." Don't jinx us!

I hear ya Pete...another day wonít hurt.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  12:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Procrastinating. Yes a great thing that needs to be done before making the wrong decision anyway.

I was still on college, years 70-74 when Milwaukee got nailed on opening day of baseball. Up in Central Wisconsin we would seem to get the heavy, anything over 8Ē of the WGFA on opening day of fishing. Yow, thinking about it, that also was in the 70ís, time flies.

My snowblower and plow will not be put away till right before Memorial Day. The life boats then come out.

TomO

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  1:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is bright and warmer than the last few days 45. Heading all the way up to 51.

Not much going on today. Trying to spend a quiet and peaceful birthday. We have to run to the pharmacy and the produce store in a bit. We have a few things to make ahead of tomorrowís Easter dinner. I may be impressed to helping if my daughter gets home late from getting her second covid shot near Scranton. If time allows, I hope for some train time later.

I hope everybody has a good day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  2:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday TomPM!

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Tom.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  4:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Tom.

George

Fly Army

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  4:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy b-day Tom

TomO

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Easter morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Real Friday April 2 lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000