Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Interesting variety of railroads video Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from 45f and Sunny N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Caboose stove blend. The special is breakfast burritos w/wo chorizo. The oatmeal pot and other beverages at the end of the serving line. Grab a new plate if you come back for seconds. Time for a new keyboard, this one is as wacky as Daffy Duck.

Yesterday after running the early errands, I remembered that I had yet another MRI scheduled.
Drove over to the hospital and waited about 2 minutes and was 'in the room'. If you ever had one, you know how annoying that racket is. I fell dead asleep 'in the tube'. Test completes, and the radiology tech had to call another one for 'show and tell'. The gals said they never saw anyone sleep through that racket.

It must have been restful, I ended up out in the frigid shop past 1 AM this morning. Actually made some progress on the TT/roundhouse project.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  08:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and 45 degrees here in S.E. Michigan. We should see the mid-60's later today.

A trip to Kohl's this morning. Then some modeling and a walk this afternoon. That is the sum of things on my agenda.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny Tidewater Virginia. Thanks for opening, Jim.

Between yard work, a replacement window salesman and the Bristol dirt track race, I didn't have any tome for the workbench. It looks like it'll be more of the same today, but no race on TV, so I might get some MRRing done.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  08:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and the rest of the crew. Itís a sunny 45F here in northern West Virginia. Lower seventies in the forecast today.

Iíve had a couple MRIís and found it to be the strangest group of noises Iíve ever heard. I think I might have slept briefly the second time but not so anyone would have noticed. Fortunately the results were ďunremarkable.Ē

Our new binoculars arrived yesterday so today we will try them out. I can already see that they are a big improvement over the free ones I got at a conference of state geologists, which were useful but letís just say unremarkable.

Actually accomplished significant modeling yesterday. Iíll post photos later.

Have a great day!

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 03/30/2021 09:14:22 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  08:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 47, headed to 61. Never slept thru an MRI, but have gotten very relaxed as I let my mind wander. Sort of like the last year. All noise and bs. Probably could sue for the show and tell, toxic micro aggressions and age-ism.. Bunch of doofus surgical resident docs in GR were having a contest online for who got the grossest, biggest or most unusual thing out of someone in surgery...

Took the Doll to a gas station to get some cash out of the atm, as I parked she walked over toward a shiny stainless steel monolith with VISA and MasterCard logos...I went inside to get her a coffee and me a Diet Coke. As I walked in there was an ATM about 3í inside the door. As I finished with the gal at the register, turned and there the Doll was at the ATM by the door. Asked if the machine outside was broken she said, ďNo but it just charged my card $1.50 and started hissing at me....I think itís still running if the tires need airing up.Ē

No plans,head is with sinus.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  09:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim it's 41 and sunny headed towards 70 today here in SE Ohio. never slept during an MRI and I have had several of them. going to mow today along with chores in the outdoors. Karl not to be smart but how could your wife mistake an air pump for an ATM Machine!!! no trains today.

Have a great day
everyone

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  09:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. It is 50 heading to 55 but still windy.

MRIís. They literally scare me. I have had so many over the years but only if they drug me first. I have tried without the drugs and I just cannot do it.

Thanks Jim for opening. I have had my swim already today and truly have nothing in mind. Iíll find something though. Enjoy your day.

TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  10:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny on the NH Seacoast. Today is my "2 shots + 2 weeks" day.

After geology class, more work on the roof for my bash. I got the subroofs cut and shaped, I need to check out a couple of fit issues before I start laying shingles. I also added the curtains to the windows, but now I need to think about lighting. So this is definitely on the glidepath to completion.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is a bright and sunny 53 going to 63 and the wind has calmed down.

I spent a good portion of yesterday looking at possible vacation places. Our last attempt at a trip got canceled due to the beginning of covid back in April 2020. This time we are looking for July. By then hopefully we should all be vaccinated. My son must wait since he is 22 and does not have any of the 1a or 1B qualifiers. My daughter goes for her second shot Saturday.

Dave, I got the Phizer shot. After the first dose I had a headache, some chills and my temperature got to 99.8. I also had the fatigue. With the second dose I had a headache the one day and the tiredness. A couple of folks who had the same shot said the feeling of being tired can last up to two weeks. My wife got the Moderna and after the first shot she had headaches, chills, fatigue, and her temperature got to 100.4. With he second shot she had a headache and the tiredness.

Today with the good weather we hope to finish the new pergola. Then will come the dragging out of the outdoor furniture.

I am hoping to play around with the track on the layout later today.

I need to run to the pharmacy and PetSmart. I probably should hit the meat market and possibly the grocery store.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The NH seacoast is up to the mid-50s and nice outside but I'm headed for the attic after looking over the forum. My wife and I took the Bolt to Northeastern Scale Lumber for an item left out of my shipment - it was on the railing by the front door. I miss being able to go in, look at their seconds and shop, but that ended with their in-store hobby shop manager retired. Then Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro, MA, with a good inventory of paints & weathering stuff, plastic sheet & shapes, scenery materials, structure kits and RTR HO and N. But not the lift rings I need. Then Bayon Market in Lowell for specialty foods and home.

My 2nd Pfizer injection site is a bit sore 22 hours afterward, but nothing much else. My wife got her 1st Pfizer at the same time and took a short nap after lunch.

James

Previous Topic: Interesting variety of railroads video Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000