Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 253 ]  [ Total: 259 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  07:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 34f (woohoo) and partly sunny N.E.Indiana. We got above the freezing point after 16 consecutive days. Global warming, HUMBUG!
The coffee urn is READY with Pullman Porter blend today. The special is a Western omelet with Texas toast, and grits on the side.. Oatmeal at the end of the line with all other beverages.

My long awaited part finally showed up around 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I plugged it into the circuit and began testing the turntable drive controls. I worked (played0 on it most of the evening. Very solid action.

This morning several errands will take me most of the day, and I will get some bench time in later.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  07:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim it's 39 and partly cloudy here in SE Ohio. no breakfast just a yippy decaf. Jim I heard on the news that global warming was the cause of all the cold weather we have experience!!!! Still trying to figure that one out??? Not much for the bench today going to dinner with my brother and his wife. One more week and my boss will be home from Fla.

Be safe and have a great day

Mark

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Mark and crew. It's going to be in the upper 50's here in Tidewater Virginia, and the sun's out!

Jim, I'm sure you're glad to have the turntable operating and can now focus on a new problem. That seems to be the nature of the hobby. As I'm fine tuning my rolling stock and locomotives, I keep finding new issues.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  08:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just below freezing here. I skated out with the garbage can this morning;pick up was cancelled last Fri due to weather and ice; we'll see if they get here today.

Office and shop day since I'll put off a trip to the PO for a day.....and maybe combine that with a drive by the library.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  08:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where it is sunny and 35f degree. It does supposedly feels like 27 but even that is a great warmth considering what we have had. The white stuff should start to melt today and that is very welcome. Climate change is real but I am not sure we can really do anything. Mother Nature seems to have a way of changing and putting things back the way she wants.

No trains yesterday and the longer yesterday went the more frustrating it seemed. Today around 10 I am taking a scenic drive just to get out and away. When I come back I will be heading to the paint booth. I have 2 stripped locomotives that need primer.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/23/2021 08:55:16 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the NH seacoast, where the sunshine is hazy and temperatures in the 40s are melting the last snow off my roofs. Two on-line meetings today and an errand, but I should find some time for the railroad.

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  09:34:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 34 going up to 43. Hopefully that will melt some of the snow. Last night they said there would be no precipitation but now that are saying a 40% chance.

I got things cleaned up around the layout and moved the salvaged foam off the boards. I placed a new foam board down and then stared at it for some time. It was time well spent as I figured out how I am going to place the new foam. The 1-inch boards are pre-scored for breaking into quarters. I need one and a half boards to cover the plywood and framing. This will give me 72-inch width. There will be a 1-inch overhang on each side.

Knowing this I figured out how many more boards I needed. I then placed an order with Home Depot. Not thrilled about the delivery charge but I do not have a vehicle or access to vehicle large enough to transport them. They will be delivered tomorrow.

I did not get out yesterday. I just did not feel like dealing with idiot drivers in the snow. Today I need to visit the produce store, and the grocery store.

Off to do a few chores.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  09:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to the entire crew. It is 35 degree here under cloudy skies. Yes, the melting has begun!

I am going to try to get the oil changed in the Jeep today. Other than that, I should be able to get some time at the modeling bench.

Have a great day!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  10:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some sun and clouds and mid 30s to 40 today. Yep, climate change, been going on for BILLIONS of years and will continue to until the end of times.

Took a trip over to Portland, MI yesterday to have my annual hearing test,a year late, I was scheduled last Feb but we both had what I’m sure was the “wuhan flue” a couple weeks before the frenzy was whipped up, then I was unable to get in. Hearing hasn’t changed. He added a auxiliary setting for background noises like road noise on our road trips. I also saw my older son for the second or third time in a year. He is working at an auto repair shop a block from the hearing place. His boss just opened a race/custom fabrication shop and ha s left my boy in charge of the repair shop. It’s a block from his house and he loves not driving 30 miles a day to and then back from Lansing daily.

Lots of slop on the roads yesterday. It will continue all week as we had twice as much snow in Feb as from Nov-Jan.

Saw a burned up house a couple miles down the road Sunday morning, heard today a young man lost his life and his gal is in critical condition. 5 kids between them. Apparently they were elsewhere at the time.

The Doll is getting a snow report from Danny at Northern Command. Says there’s “only” about a foot of snow on the roof at our place. Not sure when we’ll head back up.

The Doll has hinted that her hair needs a touch up, I feel the rope tightening up. . I do have the parts all primed for the little gas station kit I got out over the weekend.

Have a fine day all... Spring training is going on.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/23/2021 10:13:21 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  12:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon, All!

The sun is shining brightly in the northern mitten, the temps are well above freezing, and there are actual Signs of Spring in the fresh country air! Frazoo to the rodent... this is the Real Deal! The plows have been at the parking area of the local soft-serve ice cream joint that has been the only Real harbinger of spring here for decades.

And I actually had some bench time last night, at which I accomplished a little bit, and then had to wait for adhesives and paint to dry. But I got something done!

My "little" (younger) Brother turns 70 today... still not sure how that happened, but there we are. Geezerhood has arrived....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  1:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temps are above freezing here in SE NH, so the snow-rain-frozen crust is melting off of the driveway. That's A Good Thing.

My shoulder is still a little sore at the site of Sunday's Pfizer injection. That's OK, we'll see how shot #2 works out (in a month.) Yesterday I tested hot glue on styrofoam, to make sure the glue wouldn't melt the styrofoam when I glue cardboard strips to it. Pass.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  2:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently 45 with severe clear at 1430 hours, just hit 50 today, too....Dollars on fill up of the Doll’s 4Runner.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  3:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jim

Take the red pill

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  3:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by potsy

Good morning Jim it's 39 and partly cloudy here in SE Ohio. no breakfast just a yippy decaf. Jim I heard on the news that global warming was the cause of all the cold weather we have experience!!!! Still trying to figure that one out???
Mark

That's an easy one Mark. Have a 'newsreader' mention 'Global Warming', 'Systemic', or 'empowering' and that automatically fills the coffers of those that live off of Grant money. It doesn't have to be accurate or truthful, for the benefits.

Jim

Take the red pill

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000