Railroad Line Forums - Friday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 256 ]  [ Total: 261 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  08:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where the sun is shining and it is 18 degrees. We had another inch of snow over night.

Breakfast is French Toast with maple syrup, and bacon on the side. Our coffee is our Ashpit Blend.

I finished up some details on my two Challenge projects. I will take some final pics later today.

Tomorrow both Chuck and I will be giving clinics for the Western New York Division. Chuck's clinic is on Antracite Mines and starts at 10 a.m. Mine is the Natural Ice clinic and should start around 10:50 a.m. They use FreeConferenceDall instead of Zoom. Here is the link:

Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/superintendent59

And, if needed: Online meeting ID: superintendent59

Have a great day!

Bruce

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  08:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Bruce, and the incoming crew from 10f and snowing N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Getoffyerduff blend today. The special is a short stack, sausage patties, or bacon. Scrambled eggs on the side. The oatmeal pot is at the end of the line along with other beverages.

It's been a long time since Walt stopped in, wonder if he's on Fish Fry duty tonight, or if their not doing it again this year. It is a huge money maker for his parish. Speaking of money, gas is up $.65 a gallon since the switch.

I've been tinkering with the electronics and code for the turntable while I wait for USPS to handle that 100% accurate movement of mail.

Well, I better get out to the shop and work on a few 1:1 projects this morning.

I did watch the NASA channel yesterday during the landing of the latest MARS lander. That was an amazing accomplishment. Hats off to the folks at JPL and NASA for putting that together. Real team work there.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Edited by - BurleyJim on 02/19/2021 08:33:07 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  08:53:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Bruce, Jim and crew. No sunshine in Tidewater Virginia.

I started fine tuning some of my freight cars. The coupler centering has to be working to do remote uncoupling. I've found some other problems, so I'll be busy with that today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks Bruce and Jim for opening both doors and great breakfast choices.

Our gas pricing is up but it has nothing to do with the switch, when they take refineries out of service no matter where in the USA they usually go up.

I saw Walt posting on Facebook the other day, said they are busy.

Trains, I just have no desire the last few days.

Enjoy the day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and teens temp wise this morning but forecast is to add a bit more snow to the additional inch we awoke to. Rumors, unsubstantiated, of temps in mid 30s by mid week next.

I;ll grab a bowl of oatgoo. BTW our gas is up ~$.80 since Jan 20. Non-covid deaths have risen and restaurants continue to go under. Kool-ade drinkers continue to enjoy the bitter truth.

No big plans, everyone have a fine day, Safe and Warm.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/19/2021 09:10:40 AM

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Tomorrow both Chuck and I will be giving clinics for the Western New York Division. Chuck's clinic is on Antracite Mines and starts at 10 a.m. Mine is the Natural Ice clinic and should start around 10:50 a.m.

I just think it is funny how I am giving a clinic on something used to keep you warm and Bruce is giving a clinic on something to keep you cool. I hope to see some of you there!

So, we did get an inch or two of snow overnight. The worst part is that the snowplow FINALLY plowed curb to curb, which they did not do when we had the 22 inches of snow a few weeks ago. So, now I have a huge pile at the end of the driveway to contend with. At least we will be able to pass cars going in either direction on our road, now. Before, the lane and a half that was plowed made things a little tricky playing chicken.

One of the ink cartridges went dry on the printer. I put in a replacement and the message I get is "this cartridge is not intended for this printer." Odd, because the number on the cartridge looks right. The new cartridge looks like the old one. But, it came from Cartridge World instead of being an HP cartridge. Great.

Other than that and reviewing my presentation, I do not have anything on my plate.

Chuck

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Chuck those "smart" printers can tell who made the cartridge. I changed to an Epson with tanks and haven't bought a cart in months, have enough ink for 3-4 years that came in the box. HP drove me away with their ink prices and I've had marginal results using stuff from Uncle Joe's Ink World like places. That off brand cart should work "OK" but you might only know it's status by luck.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Itís right around freezing and overcast in northern West Virginia with the prospect of a walk on the rail trail for us later. Weíre getting acclimated to walking through snow; itís a different kind of exercise for the legs, especially when taking care to avoid ice.

Yesterday I did a little work at the new club quarters and then came home and painted rail and ballasted track. Such an improvement!

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 28 with a high of 32. Right now, it is sleeting. It is a very fine sleet almost like ice pellets. We got around 6 inches of snow and sleet. I hate sleet as it slides off the roof and piles up near the front door and back door. I spent a good part of the afternoon clearing the driveway and sidewalks.

No modeling. After dealing with the snow removal, I was in no shape to do much of anything. Hopefully I can get back to the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  11:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast has seen maybe 2" since Thursday evening, with more snow flurries forecast through dawn tomorrow. I've mostly cleared the only driveway we expect to use today, so next destination is the attic.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  11:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More snow this morning over the 1/2" of ice that's out there - last night I trundled out to check the mail and every step felt like I was about to hit the ground; just got notice that the garbage and trash pick-up for today is cancelled - they are not even going to try to get here. There are a few hills in off the main road that get really bad with a little ice.

Time in the home office at the keyboard and time in the shop, and time reading in the recliner. Another fun day!

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  5:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What James didn't mention was that 2" of snow sits on top of some patches of ice, at least in my driveway, which are -very slippery-. I slipped a half dozen times going out to get the papers, and even one of the dogs wiped out. Friday is my day to not-cook, wife insisted I get take-out tonight since she didn't want to cook either.

I watched yesterday's feed for the Mars Perseverance rover and today's new pictures. Very cool! Based on my little bit of geology classes, I can see why they chose this location thinking it shows obvious signs of previous water.

Today I'm doing 'cardboard strip' scenery skeleton on parts of the layout. One of the boxes I'm cutting up came from Scenic Express, how appropriate!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000