Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 269 ]  [ Total: 271 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Is this thing big or what? Topic Next Topic: Invitation to clinic: Natural Ice Industry & RRs  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from overcast and 14f heading to 18f. The coffee urn is READY with Yardmaster blnd today. The crew van is warmed up and ready to head over to the Greek's for Sunday brunch.

I uncovered an old "Train Shed Cyclopedia" #27 "Signals and Signal Symbols" that deemery probably has multiple copies of. Signaling in those days was certainly different than the systems of today.

We'll see you at the Greek's.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  09:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. Temps here mimic what Jim is seeing.

It snowed gently all day yesterday and we ended up with about 2" of new snow. I will head out shortly to take care of snow removal. Any melting is at least a week away.

I got about half the roofing on Kate's Kitchen on yesterday. Since the structure will be situated in the Pennsylvania Slate Belt, I chose a slate roof, of course. I've modeled metal roof caps and Slate Saddle Roof caps (overlapping slates). This time I will model a strip saddle roof line. (Adjoining slates touch but do not overlap - metal flashing underneath.)

Remember your Valentine today!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  09:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Another wet day in Tidewater Virginia. At least we're south of the freezing line.

It's Valentines Day and the Daytona 500. I combined the two several years ago, but Pat wasn't impressed. I guess this year I'll be watching it on TV.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Edited by - George D on 02/14/2021 09:08:37 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  09:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and Jim drive carefully on this chilly day.

-9f degrees and -27 wind chill here in the homeland of Wisconsin. I walked out to the mailbox 10 times yesterday just to get out. That will not happen today. The g/kids and parents are coming over for a swim and I am going to use the new grill that is vented to the outside for early lunch.

Trains: the warm up here doesn’t start at least until Thursday when the wind chills will finally climb above ZERO. In the meantime, I have been spending lots of time at the bench or paint booth. I love my airbrushes but do hate the cleanup. I don’t remember the cleanup being so painful when I used to use the Floquil paints. Acrylics dry so quickly that the cleanup removes the joy, IMO.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  09:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Bruce really like that roof. And the coloring a good choice for sure!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  10:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Eleven is the Number for the Day here in the northern mitten: Temp, wind chill, and yes, I feel a little "eleven-o'clockish," as Pooh Bear would say, so it's time to haul over to the Greek's. Grey blanket is fraying up there, and there are rumors of actual sunshine....

Nice roof, Bruce, but we need Data here!! What paint colors???

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 02/14/2021 10:22:43 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  10:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast had a little snow in the forecast for this morning, but it appears to have missed me, at least. Snow, sleet and slush are forecast Tuesday from dawn till afternoon, but it's my stepson's 'winter break' so we'll deal with whatever is left Wednesday. I got started glazing the ~90 windows in Gorin Machine last night, I'll get that done today.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grey and 14 with 10 mph “breeze”.

Wild lake effect along our Peninsula in da Yoop yesterday cranked a 42” dump that has our folks up there a bit stunned. The Doll talked to our guy Bob up there says it’s up to the hood of his 3/4T GMC 4x4 plow truck. Glad to enjoy it vicariously.

Red hearts and hugs all around the SOs in our circle.

NASCAR has left me...pc and homogeneous, sterility. Used to be huge for me, spent many days and much $$ at different tracks for 30 years or more

Everyone have a good day today and be safe and healthy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Pete, if it's Positive 11, that's not so bad. James gave the weather for SE NH, same here, although we'll probably get more snow on the storm Monday-Tuesday. (I sure hope so!)

I've been reviewing videos on 'orogeny' - mountain building. I'll go the cardboard-strip-skeleton route, but stapling the strips together (Frary's way) rather than hot-glue. If for no other reason, it's easier to undo staples. Then I'll decide between rosin-paper-and-white-glue (Howard Zane's approach) vs plaster wrap, once I'm happy with the topography. I also need to add the feeder wires to the track in the switcher shed and the lights to the interior of same.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, I wish that was a picture of my model. That is a prototype roof showing what a strip saddle roof looked like.

Bruce

Previous Topic: Is this thing big or what? Topic Next Topic: Invitation to clinic: Natural Ice Industry & RRs  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000