Railroad Line Forums - Is this thing big or what?
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 232 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Is this thing big or what?
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  11:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Note: I have nothing to gain by posting this from CMR models...it's just a big kit; too big for me. Although, after consideration; I don't think the kit is that expensive for what you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9FD7DzYqts
John

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's big, but I can't imagine a layout I've ever seen where it would fit in with the neighborhood. I probably need to 'get out more'.

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  2:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Tech Model Railroad Club has a through passenger terminal I designed and did a lot of the construction for. It's just about right for CMR's 'City Station and Concourse', but it's had it's own for many years.

Ensign
Engineer

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  2:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, that modeler did a fantastic job of detailing, lighting & assembling that modern looking structure!
I think it would look very cool on a modern urban layout setting.

Greg

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  8:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen skyscrapers on club layouts but never on a home layout. I know a guy in Illinois, I think, who is doing his version of downtown Chicago in the 70ís but in N scale.

I have previously watched the attached you tube video from John by Luke Towan on this build. IMO he is by far the best modeler and video guy on you tube. He is who I learned how to make my wire armatures trees from. No layout though. He is now a you tube celebrity who started getting his following when he used to post on the MRH forums.

TomO

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  06:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It would be worth building, just to build it...
Modeling is modeling,

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

It's big, but I can't imagine a layout I've ever seen where it would fit in with the neighborhood.

I've published a modeler's build of 30th St. station and that's a pretty good sized model....in O scale nonetheless.

But, I have in the wings in the formulation stages a modeler with a layout int he making that includes a fully operational O scale model of BB-64, the Wisconsin. Somewhere ~18'......

I'm rather looking forward to making it the centerfold!

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  11:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mwbpequod

quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

It's big, but I can't imagine a layout I've ever seen where it would fit in with the neighborhood.

I've published a modeler's build of 30th St. station and that's a pretty good sized model....in O scale nonetheless.

But, I have in the wings in the formulation stages a modeler with a layout int he making that includes a fully operational O scale model of BB-64, the Wisconsin. Somewhere ~18'......

I'm rather looking forward to making it the centerfold!

Fully Operational, oil burning boilers, steam turbines, 16" RADAR directed turrets, cruise missile launchers, and 4 ~ 18' bronze props, with a crew of 1900+ LP. I'd love to see it.

Jim

Take the red pill

Ray Dunakin
Fireman

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  01:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Dunakin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice kit -- makes a very impressive structure!

Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000