Railroad Line Forums - Thursday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 250 ]  [ Total: 258 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lamp Black Topic Next Topic: New England, Berkshire & Western RR  

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

After stumbling around in the dark to find the light switch, I can start something. Remember it has been over 10 years since I start up the morning lounge. I don’t have time to throw out a spread this morning. I will leave that to others. I did get the coffee brewed. It is a special Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Employee Blend. As we used to say, “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.”

It is 36 in the wilds of Upper Darby. I don’t know how it feels yet since I haven’t stuck my nose outside. I will be doing so in a bit when I take the recyclables to the garage. High is purported to be 47.

My son s moving along with assembling building kits. Thus far he has mostly finished the Walters Train Line City Apartment Building and the Walthers Jewelry Store. I will have to do the fine details such as the mortar. He currently attempting the DPM Front Street Building and not making too much progress. In the meantime, he took an older structure off the layout, the Belvedere Hotel and has been upgrading it by painting windowsills, and other details. Again, I will have to do the mortar.

According to our Facebook local community group my township is the wild, wild west. The group is being dominated by the “Did you hear the gunshots/explosions” post. Which is then followed by the “It’s fireworks, you idiot”, reply. Fun times.

I sealed the RF&P grain hoppers, Reading heavy duty flat car, and the CNJ caboose. I weathered the four pink Intermountain grain hoppers. I pulled out the next group of cars to be weathered and hopefully seal them today along with the pink hoppers. The next set is two Red Caboose tank cars and two Bowser PRR livestock cars. After that it is four Bachmann poultry transport cars and four more cabooses. Then I begin working on the layout redo as top priority.

I hope everybody has a good day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning TomPM and incoming Crew. Thanks for the opening. I put out the oatmeal pot and the sourdough bread is thickly cut, the bacon is crispy, the ham is heated up, the chocolate milk is icy cold, as are the sodas. The smoothie machine hidden deeply in the pantry is clean and ready.

The morning is filled with the daily but Saturday exercise program. I have no clue what my plan is for the afternoon. I see the 4 books meant for the 2020 summer reading still sitting there. Maybe...

Be safe, be well, be distance
Wear the mask
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Toms and crew. We're going to be in the 50's in Tidewater Virginia. We'retaking down the tree today. Like TomO, nothing on my schedule for the afternoon.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from Sunny and 34f N.E. Indiana.
The coffee urn has signaled READY with Ashpit blend. The special Steak and eggs, hashbrowns on the side. Other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

Yesterday was a bad news day, We received a letter from the woman that was one of Donna's bridesmaids and a friend from grammar school on. Her husband, a fellow Vietnam Vet and the Godfather of my middle son, had passed away from Covid Pneumonia. Tom, was a great friend. We worked on cars together, went to the rifle range often, would go 'jungle riding' in my old army Jeep. We even once were three hours late to dinner with our wives because we had to get towed out of a mudbog that I got stuck in. 16 quarters at the carwash to get the mud off the jeep and ourselves. The girls weren't happy! Tom was a Silver Star recipient and a hero to many. I'll miss him. R.I.P.

Not much in me the rest of the day.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  10:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from S.E. Michigan where the temperature is 35 degrees with an expected high temp of 41. The sun is shining, which is always a good thing. Tomorrow we are expecting a couple of inches of snow.

Jim, sorry to hear about your friend Tom.

We made a 'new for us' Creamy Ham and Potato Soup yesterday. Yummy. We are now searching for Pasta Fagioli recipes. We are on a homemade soup binge, what can I say.

I made some progress on my Challenge Project yesterday and will get back to it this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  11:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning TomPM and crew. Dreary and 40 in upper NY.

Sorry for your lose at at time like this. Hope you'll be feeling better in a few days.

Nothing planned for to day. What ever crosses my path first will get top priority.

Have a warm and save day.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  12:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your friend Tom, Jim. (When I was on active duty in the late 70s, my NCOs said of military decorations, "True respect starts with the Silver Star.")

add: Speaking of mail delivery problems, yesterday wife got a Christmas catalog, and we got a thank-you note postmarked Dec 15.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 01/14/2021 12:40:48 PM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twice I’ve written to post and twice I’ve been silenced and censored in my comments, so...^%#<* it.

Jim, so sorry for your loss. Long time loyal friends are rare and valued.

High winds, big waves, wind chill quite low. Everyone have a fine day. Bunker time here with nothing in it to do.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Lamp Black Topic Next Topic: New England, Berkshire & Western RR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000