Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 219 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: How Do I Attach My Threads To My Post And Change.. Topic Next Topic: Your favorite songs  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  07:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from 30f going to 42f N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Railbender blend today. The special Bacon and eggs, toast, and grits. Other bevs..oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

Well yesterday was a total zero in getting anything done. Multiple pokes, prods, labs, waiting, more labs, etc. Probably a higher risk of catching something than walking unmasked at Walmart. Anyway, nothing scheduled today, other than some bench time and picking up some tractor gas later.

Bruce your Granddaughter's action photo looked great!

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  08:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. So. Central Wisconsin is at 29f degrees heading to a balmy 38. No sun though. Thanks for opening Jim and the breakfast smells great.

I did set up some more framework for the layout. Now I will start using the new boards for framing. Terry thinks I should setup all the framework for the layout and then go back and add the foam, cork, etc... She says I work better with a goal and dates in mind. I am still undecided.

Have a great day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  08:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Tom and the rest of the crew. Cloudy skies here in S.E. Michigan with temps (current and future) matching Jim's over in Indiana.

quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Bruce your Granddaughter's action photo looked great!

Thanks, Jim. She has another competition today.

I spent some time at the modeling bench yesterday. Some photo updates on the Challenge project later today.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  08:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Tom and crew. We had freezing fog this morning, whatever that is. It's supposed to hit 50į in Tidewater Virginia.

Nothing on the schedule today. Since the weather is nice, Pat wants to go to one of our outdoor restaurants for lunch today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy bright sun on the lakeshore this morning. Temp 25 with frost on the car sitting outside. Coffeeís on breakfast soon?

Furniture delivery later. No hobby up here except for the joy of being here. Thatís fine for now. Snow coming later in the week.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  09:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a haircut yesterday and went to the 'gourmet burger' place next door. Not dead yet! Maybe I'll generate some steam to work on the 1 stall switcher shed. A couple days ago, one of the walls fell off the workbench, and I started to crush it between my knees. I think it's fixed and still usable. Tom Sawyer at work!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  09:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is a brisk 32 going up to 43.

Carried most of the Christmas decoration bins up to the attic and organized them. Still have a couple to go that have to wait for some other items to be brought up before they can go in place. We gave the dog a quick bath yesterday. We need to find a groomer that will take a blind dog. So far we have been unsuccessful.

I weathered the two RF&P Atlas Trainman grain hoppers and the Reading Athearn Heavy Duty Flat Car. I did a test of the Krylon Flat Sealer on the Proto 2000 CNJ caboose and a couple of Accurail cars I got off eBay for a few bucks. It seemed to work fine. I will try it on the Proto 1000 100-ton hoppers I weathered the other day. Next up for weathering is the Intermountain grain hoppers.

I got an email from my online dealer about the PRR DD-1 I reserved. I was excited as I knew the locos had arrived at the manufacturers from the factory. I am thinking this is the invoice for it. I opened the email and found a copy of a letter the owner sent to the dealers. There were fingerprints and other marks in the paint on the bodies. The bodies have to be remade. I have been waiting for this loco for three and a half years. Now looks like at least another six months.

I am supposed to have a package delivered today. That leaves two packages still out there from December. Both are in Philadelphia. I ordered a couple of more things in the last week so we will see how long they take.

I found a source for some Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines decals. They are for RDCís, Cabooses, and Passenger Cars. I think they should work on the undecorated Athearn blue box GP-38-2 I have. I am looking to get a second one soon. PRSL had GP-38ís without dynamic brakes so I need to find non-dynamic brake hoods to replace the hoods on the loco I have. I need to investigate what the difference in appearance between a GP-38 and a GP-38-2 is and whether or not I need to make any adjustments. Maybe the GP-38ís or upgrading the RDCís with decals can be part of the challenge project.

I have to run off to the grocery store in a few minutes.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  09:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. A clear 35F with 45F expected later in northern WV. Walking the rail trail has been cold these days, but the river (Monongahela, ďMonĒ for short) is very pretty to walk along. Various shades of crystal blue and greenish blue, contrasting with browns and grays of trees and dead leaves, dark green rhododendron and bright green Christmas ferns.

Iíll probably do more ballasting today while in the mood.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  12:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good lunchtime, all. The NH seacoast is overcast and high 30s just now. My transparency film arrived yesterday and I've been able to print out my Venetian Blind pattern. Photos will follow when I try it on my building's windows. I've also researched a large purchase (for a modeler, 16 sq. ft of each) of styrene and acrylic sheet. The Laird Plastics distributor in Lowell will have it ready in a couple of hours, I'd rather make the trip than test packaging vs. delivery personnel for that distance.

Previous Topic: How Do I Attach My Threads To My Post And Change.. Topic Next Topic: Your favorite songs  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000