Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 231 ]  [ Total: 236 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 23

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Change is good in either our hobby pursuits, exercise activities or how we spent 1/20/2021. Some cried (my wife) or cringed (my brother) or just enjoyed the day.
I was truly surprised as I watched with Terry how emotional she was. Terry is off to the 50th state via Austin to get the son and Burbank, California for my sister. Being truly alone is going to be tough but I can still see the g/kids and daughter through the screen doors.

My plan is trains and exercise with lots of swimming. My retail therapy buying spree from Tuesday night should start bearing fruit on Friday per all the tracking messages I will be following. I am fine and looking forward to a good time in the trainroom.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  12:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening. I put on a fresh pot of coffee!

Lunch was great yesterday. it's all you can eat. I had shrimp & chicken, French fries Mac & Cheese. Apple pie & Blueberry pie.
Yes all the food fried you only live once (except the pie) why not!!

Not sure what today will bring hoping for some bench time later on.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2021 :  2:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day, I have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

Preparing to head back to my main house tomorrow after being at the beach from 12/26.

Don't tell my wife but the main reason I am going home is to collect supplies to keep building stuff.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  07:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.

Mike, I hope Rose isn't in too much pain.

Karl, hope you were able to get out.

Larry, you did a great job with the lathe.

Larry, very nice to see you in the lounge.

Jerry, I'll see you later.

Tom, sounds like you have a very good plan.

Bike ride, visit Mom and then lunch with Jerry and Diane.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  08:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Looking forward to seeing you.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/30. later on 44.

I closed up the back of the Mill. Ready for the stairs and the main roof supports.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  09:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grey and chilly in mid Michigan this morning. 22 degrees per the GR weather and propaganda station web site.

Jan. 20, was met with deep disgust and apprehension for the future. No further need to discuss.

I took a trip in the way back machine yesterday. I began scanning some old negatives I found from as "far" back as 1977 of a trip to the maternal grandparents' farm, nostalgic then as they'd both been gone ~4 years. Found photos of a trip in March '79 with a car load of crazy guys to the Copper Country of the UP and Jan. '78 of my boys, almost 2 and 1 week, and a snow plow. I did print a couple of the tobacco barn aka the 'bacca barn from the farm.

We did get out yesterday, went to town with the new belt for the antique sewing machine the Doll bought her favorite grand daughter for Christmas. We e-ordered Dominoes Pizza, great experience with their app, and took it to the daughter's place. Was exposed to a great TV series from the East side of "the Pond" called Repair Shop about a group of crafts'persons' that repair things. Nicely done show of extremely talented folks. The subtle understated Brit politeness was refreshing as well as the various projects they undertook. It's a Netflix offering. We're former netflix users here. Our internet is too slow and also have some issues with the company.

No plans, I just had to do a double check, it's only Friday. I guess I lost a day somewhere. More, surely, will follow.

Be Well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/22/2021 09:45:21 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  10:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from my section of Wisconsin, it is sunny and the wind chill is at -9.

Have the Friday cleaning duties and then the health regime. I will hit the trainroom this afternoon and evening.

With Terry out of the house it is very quiet and the TV was not turned on at all yesterday or so far today. The stereo system has been playing in the background. The UW Women play hockey on TV this afternoon at 3 so I will watch that.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  11:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Larry, that is a worthy reason for returning home.

Jerry, sounds like progress on the mill. Have fun.

Tom, no TV sounds nice.

Karl, bummer about slow internet. That's the worst these days.

The VET says Rose is not in pain, and the Rimadyl seems to help her mobility quite a bit now.

IT's 50F and cloudy today. I don't have any plans for the day.

Happy Friday,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/22/2021 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the joe and thanks for the compliment on the lathe. Enjoy lunch!

Jerry sounds like your progressing nicely on the mill. Enjoy your lunch with Rick!

Karl it's always nice to look at old family photos and remember the good times. I'm right there with you concerning Jan. 20th. We have Netflix I'll have to check that show out. That's something the Mrs. would enjoy. When your retired you tend to loose a day every so often; goes with the territory.

Tom it's nice to get away from the TV once in awhile; I only watch for a couple of hours in the evening and that's it. Enjoy your time in the train room.

Mike so nice to hear Rose is feeling better. It's tough when your pet gets old and have issues.

Larry nice to see you stopping by the Lounge.

Rest of the Crew have a wonderful day no matter what's planned.

Grocery shopped early this morning and ran into some of that nasty white stuff on the way home. Good news...the new tires on the car work great!! Not much else going on; maybe some bench time latter and Calzones for dinner...yummy.

Have a great day. Be safe, well, and warm.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  06:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 33.

Jerry, I had a very enjoyable with you and Diane.
Need to do it again soon.

Larry, congrats on the tires.

Mike, glad Rose isn't in pain.

Tom, nothing better than a quiet house and how did the hockey team do?

Karl, I'll have to look for that show.
During the holidays I watched on Netflix The Great British Baking Show.
It was a contest and was refreshing to see how the contestants helped each other and were very polite and drama free.

Dan, Philip, Yannis, the other Larry and everyone else hope you are all doing well.

Back to the salt mines for me.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Yes it was a fun day for the 3 of us and we need to do it more often!
Be careful out among the English!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/17. Later on 33.

Mike glad to hear Rose is not suffering.

I hope all you other guys have your plans for the day ready to go?

Me I hope to work on the Mill for at least 3 or 4 hours today. Will see how that goes!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  09:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun but cold, 15, today in mid mitten region. No plans.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  09:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin, cold at 1f degree and no wind chill. High of 21 later. White stuff possible.

I have watched a very limited amount of TV since the pandemic hit big a year ago come March. I find I donít miss it and try to avoid Terry the news geekís TV.

The Lady Badger hockey is again nationally ranked at #1 and proved it yesterday. Beat St. Cloud State 10-0. Play again this afternoon. I donít watch the menís team.

Trains this afternoon.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  10:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the coffee as usual. Have a great day at work. I've had the tires for a couple of months but yesterday was the first time being in the snow with them; one of the perks being retired...if the weather sucks I don't have to get out in it anymore.

Jerry hope you get a chance to work on the mill. You know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men...."

Karl nice post...short and straight to the point.

Tom sounds like the Ladies Hockey Team is on fire. A lot like Syracuse University's women basketball team; they often do much better than the men do. Have fun in the train room.

A cold and snowy 18 out this morning with a high of a whole whomping 19 degrees. I guess the snow is here to stay until Spring. Looks like snow blowing is on the agenda for today along with cleaning off the cars. Maybe some bench time later.

Have a great day everyone. Stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Yannis
Section Hand

Posted - 01/23/2021 :  11:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone!
Rick many thanks for the coffee.

Mike nice to hear about the health improvement!

All good here, many busy days and some work on the ho layout.

After the cold spell and light snow of the previous weekend, we have southern winds that brought temps up and some rain.

Shops opened up after 2.5 months almost, so this was good news.

Other than that all quiet on this side of the pond.

Have a good one everyone
Yannis

Page: of 23 Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000