Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 214 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 41

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  05:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 69.

Larry, any hints on what you're thinking of for the next project?

Tom, after all that exercise did you make it to the train room?

Karl, what did you do at the bench?

Jerry, I've been going to bed early and getting up early for work for a few years now.
Hard to break that cycle even on a day off.
But yesterday was one of those where I woke up real early and couldn't go back to sleep.
So instead of fighting it I get up and take a nap later to make up for it.

Mike, electric fence works very well.
She doesn't go near it.
How about yours?

Need to finish up meal prep today.
Didn't go to the park with the dog bevause Mom's vaccine shot took a lot longer than I thought it would.
Today a walk in the park for sure.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  09:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and Crew. Itís bright out and is 59 heading to high 70ís. A great day for outside exercise.

Rick, I walked through the train room if that counts. No work done.

The electricians are coming back again. The issue was the circuit breaker box but they are trying to figure out why. They think it has something
to do with the Powerwalls. I think they are guessing but they installed everything so they can play.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  09:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy sun and upper 70s forecast for this area today.

Rick I spent a couple hours trying to cut a door frame into a piece of bass wood, board and batten, split it, mis measured it, split it worse and gave up. I do have a nice film of dried super glue, from the bottle that I could hardly get open, to show for my efforts. Scratch building is so much fun.

I did work on the 1:1 work area, put a tow hitch on my zero turn mower to allow using it for the yard cart and also got the lawn roller filled with water and ran it back and forth for half the day and rolled the place. I did find a white pine that had 4 limbs broken off about 10 feet up, couldnít see why, unless they were over loaded with snow at some point. I donít think it was from a lightning strike. All my other pines looked like they survived the winter well. The bod is feeling the time on the tractor this morning.

Anybody besides me having problems opening up pop bottle screw off caps? I had to get the channel-locks to open up a bottle of Vernorís Ginger Ale, Michiganís delightful treat, for the Doll.

I put the charger on the big red Ford 661 yesterday, I will see how it runs today and maybe move the disc attachment that I left in a in an unsightly location, per SWMBA...

Well, off to the battle.

Everyone be well. Be safe, stay healthy.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  11:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Hope your Mom feels ok after the shot. Enjoy your walk in the Park with your pooch and the nice weather. As far as my next project; HINT: 80 x 16 inches.

Tom enjoy your time outside with the nice weather. Sure hope they get your power problem sorted out soon.

Karl sounds like the bench time was a bit of a bust; don't give up you'll get it. Nice weather is outside time for sure. Vernor's Ginger Ale; I haven't seen that brand in years, didn't know they still made it. Have fun at the "battle" today.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A nice 46 with a high of 70 later. Spent yesterday afternoon digging out a utility trailer that my Dad gave me years ago. Managed to get it moved, torn apart and was surprised that the floor was still in good shape. Going to pull it behind the tractor for yard work. Being that it's such a nice day taking the Mrs. out for an early Dinner to get her out of the house for a little while. May start on my new project tomorrow.

Enjoy the nice weather. Be well and safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  11:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey rainy right now. Later on sunny mid 60's. So say the Weenies!

Larry what's on the agenda for the next project??

Tom hopefully there done guessing?

Karl sounds like a busy day day for you.

Ready to put the roof panels on the one roof much later today.

Company coming and were going out to dinner.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  12:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

Came back from my walk and from maybe a football field away from the garage I could hear the techs being nasty to each other. One guy said to the other these cheap pieces of crap, different word, bah, bah... As I walked into the garage I asked what was wrong and both said, ďnothingĒ. After the boss arrived they believe the Powerwalls are hooked up incorrectly when the backup generator comes on. In other words like Karl and Jim in the Morning Lounge internet tech guys my guys know nothing. Telsa Tech has been called .

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2021 :  2:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Glad your E-fence works well. Have a nice walk in the park.

Sweetie had the same experience. If a beep goes off in the house similar to the collar beep, she takes off running and ducks under something. Climbing the fence is not a problem so far.

Tom, good luck with the electrical folks.

Karl, I thought you were retired. That is a lot of work on your list. Supper with spouse is a wonderful thing and worth many points. Nice!

Jerry, roof sounds interesting. Enjoy your supper!

Smoked ham was fantastic at the lodge supper. He smoked a regular ham at 225-250 for five hours. I'll try that.

Took Sharon to airport at 4:15 AM for a flight to Atlanta. She is spending a week with our daughter who just had surgery.

Stopped by the hospital on the way home and visited a train buddy who has had a very rough go of it with cancer and intestinal problems. He was much better today.

I feel like taking a nap, but it is 79F out and gorgeous. I'd like to continue working 1:1 in the shop, but ...

mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  04:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 68.

Mike, my dog is so afraid of the fence that when I take her for a walk I have to pick her up and carry her out of the yard.

Tom, hope the Tesla tech has some answers.

Jerry, what did you have for dinner?

Larry, other than a sore shoulder she's doing OK.
Sounds like a mini layout showing up here soon.

Karl, getting frustrated with a build that's not coming together well is my number one reason for having many unfinished projects.

Back to the salt mines today.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  05:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I trust that your weekend was restful. Funny you have to carry your dog around the fence.

Forecast is for 86F today. Still dry.

Have fun,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  08:08:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet So. Central Wisconsin where it is 60 heading to 63f degrees per the weather app. On/off rains into Saturday with a total of around 2Ē of very needed moisture. If itís not a downpour everything should be fine and helpful.

As I drink a diet Cherry Pepsi I am looking out over the dreary looking landscape and was thinking in a month this will all be green again. Mother Nature at her best.

Well the electricians pulled the plug completely on my solar and wind system until the Tesla guy can show. Our system is different then the last house and way different then the system my brother installed on Maui. We were on Zoom last night with both of us in the power rooms.

Trains, not today I am afraid.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  08:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Have a safe day on the rails!

I had Veal Parm. Diane had a fish dish and Jim had Chicken Parm and his wife Cheryl had cheese ravioli's.
It was delicious!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/53. Later on 70!

Termite inspection today.

So hopefully later on some train time.
If my hands say its okay! I still need to see the Doc about my finders...

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fiscomike said "Karl, I thought you were retired." Yes, Tired Tuesday, Re-tired Wednesday, achy and REallyTIRED this morning. Weather has been so nice but forecast to take a turn South today with T-boomeris by 11ish. 68 already, the house never really cooled to a sleeping comfort level over night. Cooling off over the next few, this 80 and sun was unusual. April 15 last year was icy, 2 yrs ago we had 3-4 inches of snow, so not expecting things to stay temperate. Buds are out on the lilac, so surely ice or frost will get them.

Not sure on today, yet, will try to take it easy. It sounds like everyone has been eating well. The Doll made beef jerky yesterday, quite nice, for the first time and a big crockpot full of chop suey, and I helped, like the kid in the Shake and Bake ad from yrs ago. I chopped celery and onions.

Everyone have a fine day. Be Well. Diet Doctor Pepper for me and cereal, maybe.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/08/2021 :  09:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings All,

Rick thanks for the java. Glad to hear your Mom is doing well.

Mike did you fit in the nap yesterday? Enjoy your nice weather.

Tom we're greening up fast here in New York. Although the lawn mowing is a ways away yet. Hope the Telsa guy has some good news on the power.

Jerry hope the hands feel better; maybe a Doc's visit is in order. Dinner sounded yummy!!

To the rest of theCrew have a great day.

A sunny 50 this morning with a high in the mid 70's. As an FYI my next project, which I'm starting today, is something that I never thought I would do; I'm starting a 80 x 16 inch shelf layout which will incorporate JD's along with some other stuff. I'll start a new thread when I get far enough along to have something to show. Well I know what I'm doing today.

Have a wonderful day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  04:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Patchy drizzle between noon and 1pm, then a chance of showers after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Larry, I'm excited to see what you have planned for your layout.

Karl, sounds like you'll be eating well for a while.

Jerry, no termites?

Tom, hope your electric problem is resolved very soon.

Hi Mike.

Dinner with friends after work.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2021 :  08:24:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet So. Central Wisconsin. Rain continues through Sunday with winds. A diet DR Pepper will be fine as I actually had something in the Morning Lounge.

Good news, Terry is in the air now flying home. She will be here a few days and then both of us will head to Maui.

Bad news, the electricians are confused as they have not encountered my issue. The Tesla guy will be here Saturday. Delay in getting him here is computer work. Actually to get a Powerwall you need to have Tesla solar and his computer work says we donít have a roof array. That is correct we donít. The house is mostly buried and what exposed roofing there is wasnít enough for an array. The arrays are along the driveway into the house as separate sentinels guarding the place. He said 7am Saturday. There also is a grouping of arrays under the south wall of the pool to heat the water and run the pumps.

House cleaning and exercise today. I doubt I will see the train room today.

Be safe out in the world
TomO

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.6 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000