Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 194 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 41

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  08:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sounds like a good day.

Karl, I laughed so hard on that one. Thanks!

Jerry, hope you had a safe trip. Kids love Easter goodies. Hope the shot goes well for you.

Larry, did the tractor start?

A cold front zipped through last night. High today is 61F, down from 82F yesterday.

Had a good session in the shop yesterday. Still organizing and cleaning. Did some maintenance on tools and just have a table saw left to check.

Today I am headed to the Texas Western to work with the scenery crew. We'll eat somewhere first, wonder what they'll pick today.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 30s this morning, will go to 45 if we're lucky. Hit close to 70 yesterday.

No big adventures yesterday, but did get out and enjoy the warmer weather. Closer to taking the snow blower off, but looking at the upp 1/4 of teh mitten and what looks like a storm, so will give April a week or so. March is exiting here as a lamb but it does look like the lion in up in the finger tips.

The Doll has been a pretty good sport about her air/cash incident.

No big plans today. still

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  09:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, still laughing, just great.

Good morning from Wisconsin. Trains today is weathering all wheels and wheelsets on 40 pieces of rolling stock. I will also change them all to Intermountain wheels.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  11:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. Yup the tractor started just fine, even though it sat all winter and managed to get the tire back on the back. Even though you have to do more work for same pay at least you have a job.

Jerry good luck with the "jab" hope all goes well afterwards.

Mike have fun doing the scenery stuff and enjoy the "mystery" lunch.

Karl I still have to chuckle at your story yesterday.

Tom good luck doing the wheels on your rolling stock; sounds like a lot of work.

A warm 54 this morning with a high of 59 here in New York. Sadly we're supposed to get 4 to 7 inches of that heavy wet white crap; Mother Nature's way of saying April Fools. Hopefully some bunch time later.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  04:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 49.

Jerry, hope no side effects from your shot.

Larry, hope the weather man was wrong about that forecast.

Tom, all done with the wheel sets?

Karl, hope you had a great day.

Mike, sounds like a nice productive day.

After a nice extended vacation it's time to go back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  05:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope the schedule works well for you.

Karl, thanks for picture. I am still laughing, too.

Larry, that forecast must be an April fools joke...

Jerry, how do you feel?

Tom, you'll have smooth running trains with the same wheelsets. Hope the weathering went well.

Forecast for today is 69F but it is 38F now. Brrr.

Off to lodge to work today, the TWMRC business meeting tonight.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  07:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An inch of snow and mid 20s, only going to 35 today in MI. Whoopee, no, that's not April Fools. Not enough to use the machinery, tho. Warmup next week.

I worked on room cleanup in the work room until the vacuum sucked up a stuffed cat toy, that occupied the rest of the afternoon leading to a nap. I did fix it but was a task...

The Doll is taking her grand daughter and her cat to the vet today. Seems the vet in town where they live can't get it in until late April.

Maybe some more cleanup later today.

Be well..

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny but cool Wisconsin.

All the wheels are weathered, all the trucks have been reamed with the reaming tool. 10 wheel sets are weathered and the wheels reinstalled.
When I get back from Phizer jab #2 I hope to finish the rest.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the java. The weather was wrong; we got less than an inch and it's already starting to melt...yipee.

Mike your temps are considered a warm up around here. Have fun at the lodge.

Karl vacuum cleaners are the worst to unclog. Their usually not made to come apart easily. Sorry to hear your granddaughter has to go to the vet; no people Docs available.

Rest of the Crew be well.

A snowy, less than an inch, morning at 34 with a high of 36 here in New York. It's already starting to melt. Lots of house cleaning today getting ready for the Kids coming Saturday for Easter dinner. Not much else going on.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/01/2021 :  11:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

I had no effects what so ever from the shot.
An I'm glad I got the one I wanted one and done! J&J shot!
Seeing I retired from there I was in research for 18 years and I just trusted them with there vaccine!

Work continues on the mill later today!

Weather in South Jersey SUCKS!!

I hope you all get to do what you want today!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  03:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.

Jerry, glad there's no side effects.

Larry and Karl, I hope it stops s@#$ing where you're at soon.

Tom, hope you're not feeling any side effects either.

Mike, hope you had a fun and productive night at the lodge.

Work sucked yesterday.
I'll spare you the details.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 23 degrees at 0900 in the mid Michigan area, after 19 in the wee hours. That dog gone bird bath is solid ice again. 45 is forecast for mid afternoon.

It did snow off and on all day yesterday, but never stuck. I got some stuff out on the work area and did some tinkering with a scratchbuild of a small building to go with the gas station. More today until it's warmer.

We had a nice meal out with family at the Doll's younger daughter's place. Nice home cooking.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from Wisconsin where the sun is bright but the temperature is 21f degrees. Looks good though.

Rick, sorry to hear yesterday sucked.

My yesterday for Pfizer shot #2 went smoothly and really no issues 20 hours later. Jerry we had no choice in what vaccine
we were able to get. Yesterday I asked if they had the JJ vaccine yet and the answer was yes. She said they were giving
it mainly to folks who would have issues coming back a second time. Read what you want into that.

The wheels are back into the wheel sets and are weathered. Today I will weigh each piece of rolling stock and add if needed.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  09:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
That doesn't sound like a good omen on the first day of your day as brakeman?

Tom there was no choice here either it's just what they had.
It's funny because they gave it at our clubhouse (Walmart) and I figured why would they want to come to give a second shot.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/30. RF/18!
Hell it's still winter.

Work continues on the Mill but slowly making little chutes from the upper tables to the Wilfley tables.

I hope you all get to do what you want today!!

Anyway everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 04/02/2021 09:19:23 AM

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  10:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everybody. Where to begin; thanx for the coffee. Last week we had a 7x10 rebar re-inforced slab poured to extend the back porch/patio and had a Hampton Bay Pergola erricted. Now they have torn out the old front sidewalk (inside the gate) up to the front porch and are replacing it with a new one without the pebble surface(hurts the feet) and have removed the tree roots that ruined the old one. Next up is an enclosure to the patio to create a sun room/extra bedroom. Then new flooring throughout the house, remove a wall that we never liked in the kitchen, and repair the leaky wall in the atrium that attaches outside to our master bedroom closet and our grandson's room. Oh yeah they're also going to re-frame some of the old framing under and around the kitchen sink. All for about 30 grand. Does anyone care to see any pics? OH YEAH, WE GOT OUR SECOND SHOT LAST WEEK!! So how's everybody doin'??

Edited by - kyle creel on 04/02/2021 10:36:55 AM

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000