Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 199 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 41

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  04:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers, mainly after 1pm. Areas of fog before 9am. High near 56.

Larry, Monday was walking only and no more stiff than I usually am.

WOW Karl, you certainly were lucky that day.

Jerry, been very lucky with the weather this week allowing me to spend a lot of time outside.

Tom and Mike, thanks, I am having fun.

Wasn't expecting rain today.
Since today will be mostly an indoor day I'll do a little more work on the mini layout.
Bike ride first.
No bike ride yesterday because the computer software wouldn't connect with the trainer.
Walked around Princeton University yesterday for a few hours and grabbed this shot of Spring.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I like the photo of mother nature's saying I'm sorry for winter.

HIgh forecast for 77F today and rain.

Taking Sharon to Fort Worth to visit oncology doc for follow up. Maybe get to eat lunch at a cool restaurant.

Have fun,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  09:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the cup-o-joe. Nice photo of the flowers; your about 6 weeks ahead of us in that regard.

Mike hopes Sharon's Doc visit goes well and no trip or falling going to into the eatery.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

It's a wet and damp 48 this morning with a high of 61. Took the Mrs. to the Doc for a blood draw this morning early; finally the Doc's Office is doing them again given the problems with the other places. Waiting on getting back my tractor tire from the repair shop; it had a slow leak which was annoying. Hopefully a little bench time later.

Enjoy your day and stay dry. Be safe and stay healthy

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  09:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright but mostly overcast in MI this morning. Temp crashed the 70 barrier yesterday but mid 60s to top out today. We had a bit of rain overnight. Its been getting quite dry, some of the farmers have been working their fields already. The sap buckets are gone in town so I guess the sugaring is over. The weather for that seemed perfect this year. Ive not heard if the Maple Syrup Festival is on or not. Seems theyre having a minimal attempt at something but not the full boat carnival and freak fest.

I managed to do some household maintenance work yesterday, weve had our garage most of the 20 years weve lived here and Ive heard from the Doll for most of those years that she has trouble opening the door to the garage from the outside. As shes had plenty of opportunity to get in there and fill it with crap Ive ignored it...but decided finally to give her a break and installed a D shaped handle so she can get in easier as shes been making a concerted, if slight, effort to move some stuff out. Id hate to get in the way of that. I also mended the big overhead door to my shop/barn that Id bent up over the winter when I forgot how high the roll bar on my Deere went up. All the wheels are running in the track again. THEN I put in a new exterior light at the service door. I used the greenish lightbulb that has been in place for the full 2o+ years the barn has had electricity.

May get some inside stuff looked at at least today.

Everyone have a fine day.

Be well, safe and well fed.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  09:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from very wet Wisconsin. The high should hit 51f degrees and the rain ends at 1:45 per the Weather Channel.

Not sure what today will be, lots to do if I want. The only thing I know is in 9 minutes the IPad Pro will be shut off until tomorrow morning.
I have been spending way too much time on it but it does also substitute for the television.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  10:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Did your scenery material arrive yet??

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/57! Rain a little later.

Working on the removable roof. 1st try went in the garbage!
Sometimes there is no fun in modeling.
Second try today!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/24/2021 :  7:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way past Happy Hour threw some logs on the fire.

Bar is open I'm going to have a Wild Turkey Rye Whiskey!

If your around stop in and then head over to the 2x3 cork challenge Rick has an update.
And a pretty dam nice one.

I'll be back for a night cap!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  05:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Widespread dense fog, mainly before 9am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 69.

Jerry, thanks for the compliment.
How was the rye?
I've tried any ryes.
Also, what I ordered was a couple of fine mist spray bottles to help glue down scenery.
They came on Monday and I used them yesterday.

Tom, one of my problems is too much time in front of the computer.

Karl, a very productive day.

Larry, hope the wife's blood work comes back with good results.

Mike, hope your wife's doctor visit went well and lunch was delicious.

Should be nice outside today so that's where I'll spend most of my time.
Don't know what I'll do yet.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  08:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

I like the rye better than there bourbon.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/54. Later P. sunny/69.

Mike hope the wife is on the mend.

Ready to put the roof back together again. At least with the mistakes I've made the next one will be a lot easier!!

Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  08:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey and 40s return to MI today. May approach 50+ later with rain starting tonight for a day or two. Its rather dry so we could use it.

All my tasks completed Tues led to a lazy day with reminder of winter declines in readiness. We did take a trip thru the countryside to the West of us mid afternoon. It was an exercise in oil factory, try olifactory, insult as the a number of our farmer neighbors were cleaning out their barns and using their big turd hurler machines to coat their fields. Im sure some were met at the back doors at the end of their days with stern looks and threats from significant others related to odiferous reminders of just what theyd been up to all day.

Was able to find a couple boxes of ammo at the Gun store in Hastings. 2 box limit and $$. More than Id overpaid on the way home last Friday.

Guess Ill heave to figure out the next move for today. Breakfast will be lackluster much like the weather.

Everyone be well. Remember history, learn from it. Dont discard or reject it because it might hurt your feelings.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where the weather app says 40f now heading to 48. 20% chance of rain basically till noon but my weather deck and its chairs seem to have more then a Midwestern drizzle falling on them.

I had nothing planned yesterday but ended buying a new car, hitting the LHS and watching the grandkids for a few hours.

Today is exercise and patch the 2 pieces of rolling stock I purchased yesterday.

Rick, as you know I occasionally try to breakaway from the IPad by shutting it down. I will turn it off again today at 9am till I wake tomorrow. I do carry the cell phone but I rarely use the internet on that little thing.

Have a great day
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  10:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your day is fun!

Jerry, building the removable roof on the JoeB's dining car/room was a painful experience. More than one attempt went in the trash, so I finally had to change the design. Persist!

Karl, I didn't know ammo was in short supply. Congrats on the purchase. Feed lots in Kansas where I went pheasant hunting ruined the air for miles around.

Tom, congrats on the purchase of a new car.

Sharon's doc visit went well, thankfully. She said she needed comfort food so we wound up at Cracker Barrel. She had chicken and dumplings, I had Uncle Hershel's breakfast. It was good.

69F and some rain today.

Headed to lodge to meet lodge Brothers for lunch, then assembling dental kits for first graders. We'll have a lot of fun.

Have fun,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/25/2021 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and enjoy your time outside. Wife's blood work is routine; she'll know next week at her Doc's visit.

Jerry good luck with the roof; I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Karl the liquid manure certainly has a pungent oder to it. As far as the ammo limit; I'm sure They don't want people stockpiling the stuff.

Tom have fun working on the rolling stock and congrats on the new car.

Mike glad Sharon's Doc visit went well and lunch out is a nice reward for her. Have fun at the lodge.

A nice 56 this morning with a high in the low 70's. Started working on the boiler for JD's yesterday since it was raining out most of the day. Not sure what today will bring.

Enjoy your day. Be well and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9am. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 80.
Very windy in the PM with gusts up to 50mph.

Larry, did you get any boiler work in?

Mike, hope you had fun at the lodge.

Tom, what car did you buy at the LHS?

Karl, ammo has been in short supply for a number of years hasn't it?

Jerry, is the roof done?

Went to bed late so I got up late.
Had dinner at a friends house.
Did some driving to northern parts of Joisey and walked around a few towns with the camera.
Took some pics but no keepers.
Some grocery shopping this morning and then some inside chores.
Should do a bike ride too and a visit with Mom.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/26/2021 :  09:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

No Rick I did not we went grocery shopping instead! Then wasn't in the mood to play!
Will try again today!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/59. Well at least for a little while.

I hope everyone is going to have fine day doing what they want.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000