Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 176 ]  [ Total: 181 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 41

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  06:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 54.

Jerry, hope the hands are feeling better today.

Larry, chili with or without beans sound good to me.

Tom, congrats on the layout progress.

Mike, congrats on getting the computer working again.

Karl, congrats on getting the vehicles set to go.

Looking ahead at this weeks weather today will be the last nice day for a while.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  08:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

We have homemade waffles with butter & Vermont maple syrup. Sides of bacon or ausage both if you would like.

Weather for the first day of Day Light savings Time is sunny/34. Later 54.

Did you set your clocks ahead????

Fingers worked pretty good yesterday so a picture should be forth coming today or tomorrow!

I hope everyone gets to do what they want today??

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Getting ready for the white gifts from above tomorrow.

The son flew in from Austin on Friday and we spent yesterday installing a WiFi mesh system. While the speeds
arenít any better the buffering and drops have stopped. The Spectrum guys will get the call tomorrow.

Trains: Yesterday really nothing but the son was able to get the WiFi signal into the train room and he upgraded
the software on the ESU Cab Control system.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  10:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee and hope you didn't miss that hour of sleep too much. The chili was tasty.

Jerry glad the fingers are feeling better and am looking forward to more photos. Thanks for a tasty breakfast.

Tom wifi is nice to have and especially if it reaches your train room. Glad your Son was able to upgrade your Cab system.

To the rest of the crew have a great day.

It's 34 out this morning in New York with a high of 36. Looking forward to the NCAA selection show today and see if S.U. makes it into the "Big Dance". The Hammer has been painted, weathered, and the levers/linkage installed. Those will be painted today and hopefully some photos before long.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Edited by - Larryc on 03/14/2021 10:58:10 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  11:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright cloudless sky heading N up the middle finger of the mitten. Time change only affects were psychological as we were out on the road about the same time but an hour ďlateĒ by the clock. Newer car rides well. Seems a bit more sensitive to the wind.
Weíre seeing snow off in the woods now but none in the open alongside the roads. Itís all gone back home.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  11:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for breakfast. I love what is on the menu. Hope the doctor visit goes well.

Karl, thanks for posting the gas station photo. That's a cool kit and the build is looking good.

Tom, it is always wonderful when the kids visit. Congrats on the new wifi system.

Larry, looking forward to the hammer photos.

The weather is not bad, overcast with occasional shower, high forecast for 74F. The red bud trees are blooming and the other trees are beginning to bud. Come on spring!

Plans for the day are to continue to work on train room.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  04:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 42.

Running a little behind so need to keep it brief today.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  08:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Threw another log on the fire its cold here today in South Jersey sunny/25 with a RF/13!

Got the grill going omelet's anyway you want them. Sides of bacon, sausage, English muffins. Butter and assorted jams and jellies.

Work continues on the Mill. Picture later on.

What's on your agenda today??

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  08:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where we are bracing for ďthe stormĒ. Heavy white wet stuff is coming our way this morning.

Thanks Rick for moving this day forward and Jerry for the great breakfast. I will come back after Megan the trainer leaves and my
exercise program for the day is complete. Today is change the program day, on the 1st and 15th every month. She shows up on
those days and every Friday. She got me back after my stroke in 2016 and this summer after the Lyme battle. She is worth it. But,
we are trying to eliminate the stomach.

The son is still here. The former sound engineer didnít think the theater sound system was right. He says it is now. Today because he
thinks the sound from the trains stinks,he will fiddle with that. He does enjoy spending my money! I am still waiting to find out the real
reason he showed up Friday night. Happy anytime to see him but canít wait for him to tell me whatís up.

Enjoy your day.
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  09:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, yet another fantastic breakfast. Thanks.

Forecast for today is 82F and sunny. I guess I will be outside working on the yard at some point today.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  09:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright sun and stiff wind on the shores of Lake Michigan in da Yoop. I just watched the morning weather forecast from mid Michigan that says the storm will be greatly reduced there but did appear that TomO will be inundated as he said and the map looked like little or nothing up here. Thereís still a good deal of snow on the ground here and our access road is in rough shape of big ice filled holes. It confirms use of 4 wheel drive. The waves are really rolling on the lake.

Not much to report here today Iíll just be chilling today. Probably a ride into town.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/15/2021 :  09:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a great day at work.

Jerry you keep putting out that kind of spread and your gonna make me fat; thanks for breakfast.
Best of luck with the hand issue at the Docs. Looking forward to your Mill pics.

Tom even when our kids are grown they still have a way to spend our money. Hope your exercises go well.

Mike I'm about a month away from any yard work until I'm certain the white stuff is over. How's the train room progressing?

Karl there's a lot to be said for 4 wheel drive; especially when you need it. Any surfers on the Lake?

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A brisk 16 this morning in New York with a high of only 28...brrrr. Tomorrow it's going to warm back up. Going to have our taxes done this afternoon; we'll see if the Gov't money messes up our income for the year. Maybe some bench time latter.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Edited by - Larryc on 03/15/2021 09:54:51 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  04:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

A chance of rain, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41.

Larry, I don't think the Government money counts as income and isn't taxable.

Karl, how was the chilling?

Mike, get all the yard work done?

Tom, sounds like a busy day for you yesterday.

Jerry, thanks for the picture of your excellent mill.

Work and a bike ride after.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  09:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ĎMorniní from the Nortí after a beautiful day of sun and wind itís dark battleship grey but less breezy. Had a good day yesterday, ended up with an early afternoon ride up to Lake Superior by Munising where we drove to the end of the road...where Alger Co stops plowing the shoreline road to the East where the snow was about 5í deep across and off as far as you can see. Itís a beautiful drive in the summer with a couple great places to get out for a walk on the shore line.

Larryís, from what Iíve read there is no tax on the gubbamint checks, itís YOUR money anyways. This weekís checks, due in my bank account tomorrow, ymmv, will end up costing each of us close to $6k each so itís not free s**t from shaky Joe, itís just a smoke and mirrors feign to fool the weak minded while shoveling the pork to those more worthy than us. My last gas fill up was $16 more than weíve been paying.

The Doll figured out how to watch a movie on Amazon last night, Premonition with Sandra Bullock, thatís an hour and a half Iíll never get back...Ms. Bullock must have been hard up for work. Real eye strain on an iPhone screen. Remarkable technology to sit out in the deep woods and be able to watch anything.

No big plans today, need to hit the market for some supplies. May head to Escanaba before da Moonlight.

Everyone have a good day. Itís my first grand babyís 19th birthday. I remember the first pic my son sent of her resting on his forearm. She now stands a towering 5-10 or more, my boy is 5í6Ē her grandma 5í, Iíve shrunken from ~5í9Ē her ďmotherĒ was tall the one time I met her.....19 years ago.

Time to get my self going. Have a fine day. Be well. Be safe. Donít fall for it.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/16/2021 09:37:16 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope the day is uneventful.

Larry, JD's is looking real good I love the detail.

Jerry, that mill looks great and is a real monster.

Tom, sounds like you have a terrific trainer. Good luck with the new program.

Karl, did you take the new car up north?

I made a little progress in the train room yesterday, but mostly watched old movies with Sharon all day. Today is work at the lodge, so I am well rested.

The forecast is for 82F today, partly sunny and no rain.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000