Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 188 ]  [ Total: 193 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: On30 annual
Page: of 43

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  09:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning modelers. A nice day today but 18 degrees less then yesterday when it hit 56.

An exercise day today after a free day yesterday.

Karl, congrats on the surprise purchase yesterday.
Jerry, you are correct about age, to me its only a number. Sorry about your fingers, I have cramping lately if I stay at the bench too long at one time.
Rick, no mights allowed, make the doctor appointment. Remember I am a healthcare expert having been a professional patient since retirement

I added the foam to the framework yesterday. I use 1x 4s screwed down atop the foam to weight it down equally. 3 deck screws with washer. This process has worked well over the years for me.
I wont touch it today but May tomorrow but for sure on Saturday.

Enjoy your day
TomO
Mike, glad your trainroom is moving in a good direction for you.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  05:05:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 38.

Larry, I agree, the prep before painting is the worst part.
And fortunately the effected skin on my hands doesn't itch.

Karl, congrats on the new pistol.

Jerry, hope the fingers are feeling much better.

Mike, enjoy your Sons visit and making bread.

Tom, I'm not even retired yet, and feel like I'm becoming a professional patient.
I've always been for the most part healthy, but this past 6 months have been the worst.
I still feel good and get around well, but some of my health issues are concerning to me.

Bike ride first and some more household chores.
Visit Mom later.
Earliest appointment I could make with a rheumatologist is April 2.

Also want to give a shout out to Yannis and make sure he's OK after reading about the quakes in Greece.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  07:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

I feel the same way Rick all of a sudden I have all these problems going on.
I think my finger problem is the old carpal tunnel syndrome!!

Nothing from the bench yesterday just busy not a finger problem.

Dog to the groomer this morning!

Weather in South Jersey cold/windy/sunny with a RF/8.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  08:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 22 this morning, but going to warm to 40s later. Snow cover is really declining.

Rick, I think the last 6 months have been unhealthy for everyone.

Jerry, my doc said I have carpal tunnel, fingers get numb and painful but I'm not anxious, yet, to have any intervention. My younger brother who is a professional musician, guitar, had both hands done in the last 3 months and does report his fingers are much better, the only pain he's having still is where "he poked around" in the wrist. Mine are tingling this am as I type...

No big plans today, yet. We'll take what ever comes along. is allowing restaurants 50% capacity starting today. Maybe we'll go out, the Doll can go in and I'll stay in the car...give it our 50%

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your day is enjoyable.

IT sounds like everyone has some ailment, but gets around okay. This aging is okay, but not for the faint at heart.

Forecast is partly cloudy and 70F today. I'll take it.

Went to a funeral for a train club buddy yesterday afternoon. A large number of fellow club members was there. Too many of those lately.

At the club meeting last night, I was asked to lead the scenery team which should be fun. It is nice to be back at the club.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  10:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. Wisconsin the app says is partly cloud but my skies are crystal clear. High of 45 later.

Yep, aging is for the tough minded. It will be a year for me next week from our last indoors eating out and theater visit. We ate out and then saw Wicket and the next morning the closures of the Wisconsin world started. Wow has the world changed and I think it plays a big part in what our bodies are telling us. Only 17% of Wisconsin has received the vaccine shot but they are starting to ease restrictions. For me, I will continue to be the hermit I have become and limit who I see and where I go. This cocoon is what it is hopefully safe shelter.

Today I will remove the bracing on the foam. It should be sealed to the framework and I will mud and tape the separation lines.

Enjoy a safe healthy day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  1:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Larry asked: I've never used Coral Draw, is there much of a learning curve?

I use Corel Draw Home and Student, sort of an elements type program, I've used it off and on for quite some years and there is a bit of a curve but you can get the hand of it fairly quickly. I used it when I make up a master for my decals by Highball, Jim there uses Corel files for them. For all we do you don't need the very latest version. In fact when making my decals Highball has you save the file to send him in an earlier version, something that is easy to do. Apparently there are enough versions with little technicalities that he's establish a benchmark for his work.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  3:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Rick any way you cut it, getting old just plain stinks. Hope you get feeling better soon and glad you don't itch. Thanks for the soda. Managed to get two walls painted, cut in and the tape removed. Have a nice visit with Mom and enjoy the rest of your day.

Jerry I know what you mean about being busy; haven't touched JD's for two days; highly unusual. I'm surprised I don't have that after all of the years of repetitive motion working in a grocery store; I'm not complaining of course.

Karl we've been eating out for awhile now, although some are dining in and some are take-out only. I'll have to take a look at Coral Draw sometime.

Tom movie theaters are going to be a fond memory soon. We have one theater open in the Syracuse area and that's about it. With all of the huge TV's that people have it's almost like being in the theater but you can pause the movie for bathroom breaks. I'd rather but a digital movie for twenty bucks and watch it over and over as opposed to paying 30 bucks for a one time deal.

Mike glad you have a club that you can attend; we need the interaction with others. Seems like as you get older that's about all you go to is funerals; a little depressing but I guess that's life.

Not too bad weather wise going to warm back up next week. Two walls are done with only two more to go. May have to take a day off before doing the last two to rest the body; we'll see.

Enjoy the rest of your day guys.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  06:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Increasing clouds, with a high near 37.

Larry, I agree with you about watching movies at home.

Tom, keep having fun with the layout and keep staying safe.

Mike, I'm sure it is nice getting back to the club seeing friends again.
My condolences about your buddy.

Karl, your 50% definition is too funny.

Jerry, your mill is looking fantastic.

I actually did a little work on my mini layout.

That won't happen today because it's back to work for me.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  08:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a great day at work. Nice to hear you had some bench time yesterday; keep it going.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

Work continues on the 1:1 project. Plan on getting most of the 2 remaining walls done except for the corner where the TV stand and TV are. That's going to be a project in itself especially if I have to empty out the cabinet in order to move it. There's about 200 DVDs in there. No bench time today for sure.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Edited by - Larryc on 03/06/2021 08:34:37 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  09:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin, it is sunny and cloudless again. High later will be 44.

Working on locomotives that need additional stripping today.

Rick, be safe out in the world.

Have a great day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  09:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and pretty looking, ice in the birdbath, so its still cold. Warmer this afternoon and the next 4-5 days. Funny how after a brief excursion into warmer temps totally removes tolerance threshold for lower temps. Was going out 2 weeks ago in 20s and feeling just fine. With a 50 earlier this week this 25-30 at wake up seems Arctic...

We did eat out yesterday evening, sort of, Big Mac and fries from takeout and watched the fire orange sky fade from the Veterans Chapel parking area on the shore of the lake in Lake Odessa, 8 miles from home. Area sit down looked busy and probably stretching the 50% a bit. Surely some snitch will do a head count and report to the gestapo.

No plans yet, the Doll is in a mood...so well see.

Everyone be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  11:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee, happy Monday.

Forecast is for 65F today. Sunny.

It looks like Larry and Jerry are progressing well. I am getting more anxious to get with the hobby bench.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  11:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone!

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee. I'll put a fresh pot in case there any other late comers!

Thanks guys for the finger thoughts!
I'm debating most people I know that had it done it came back if you keep doing the same thing!
And I'm not giving up modeling!!!!

Weather here in South Jersey cloudy/33.

Karl that was funny!!

Mike glad your getting to see the guys again and be the scenery man.

The rest of you have fun doing your projects.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  05:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sunny, with a high near 41.

Jerry, have you looked at the weather coming up this week?
Looks like beach time.

Mike, bench time yesterday?

Karl, you know what they say, snitches get stitches.

Tom, how's the loco work going?

Larry, hope you got the painting done.

Page: of 43 Topic Next Topic: On30 annual  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000